COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow (Blu-ray)
$15.88
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Ministry of Fear (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$20.98
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$15.99
A Christmas Tale (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 01-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #201
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
BB is only currently carrying Billy Elliott.. Members are having luck finding them at Target and Walmart, for me im having no luck at Target, but i did find about 8 titles at Walmart yesterday.. I picked up 40 year old virgin
Went to two Targets and both had none of them.
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #202
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Q View Post
The video attached to the site was pretty well produced and now I'm hoping that unplanned, non-4k releases will be planned. I really want a release of Brokeback on Blu-ray with the features from the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD from a few years back.
The Blu-ray does have all of the special features from the 2-disc DVD (unless you're referring to stuff like the postcards and DigiPak packaging).
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #203
Expert Member

Jun 2011
N. CA
USA

Has anyone won anything other than the $3 off coupon?

I just got one but don't know what I'm going to do with it since Best Buy doesn't carry these yet and Wal-Mart's stock is limited.
Evil Spelled Backwards is Live
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #204

Jan 2010
North of Edmonton, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by G:Box View Post
Man I wish this was a bluray

Yup Beauty! I saw these at WM and got excited , then I saw it was DVD!
Last 5 blus bought/traded for...1. BB Game of Thrones 2. Papillon (digi) 3. North by Northwest (Digi), 4. Comancheros (Digi), 5. Butch Cassidy (digi),
forum.blu-ray.com/trading-forum/161435-hounds-fs-ft-wanted-thread.html
Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #205

Jun 2011

Though my Walmart only had 2 or 3 of the 100 Anni BDs, I found Target had the most with their own display that said Universal 100 Anniversary. The display was at the end of the regular DVD section. Make sure you get the disc that are 14.99 and in the security case. I almost picked up "Do the Right Thing" which wasn't in a security case until I took the slip cover off and saw it was a DVD. Seems Target puts both BD and DVD of the same movie side by side. They most of the collection. BB will probably be late getting these in.....

Last edited by chamillionaire; 01-14-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Typed Paramount(was on their site and bluray.com) instead of Universal lol
Old 01-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #206
Power Member

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamillionaire View Post
Though my Walmart only had 2 or 3 of the 100 Anni BDs, I found Target had the most with their own display that said ParaMount 100 Anniversary. The display was at the end of the regular DVD section. Make sure you get the disc that are 14.99 and in the security case. I almost picked up "Do the Right Thing" which wasn't in a security case until I took the slip cover off and saw it was a DVD. Seems Target puts both BD and DVD of the same movie side by side. They most of the collection. BB will probably be late getting these in.....
I've been wondering about why the Paramount Logo was posted on here instead of Universal's. Have they merged or something? Maybe I'm a little behind or missed something.
"Someone once told me, that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. And I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal."-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Speak for yourself sir. I intend to live forever." - Number One
Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #207
Special Member

Nov 2009
Folsom, CA
USA

Touch of Evil.....

I thought this was out on blu-ray in the uk? Check out amazon.co.uk - I bet all your prayers have been answered!

Touch of Evil Blu-ray

Now let us all wish for "The Jerk" on Blu-ray!!! Steve Martin at his best on blu-ray!!--- Now that would be amazing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laptophound View Post
Yup Beauty! I saw these at WM and got excited , then I saw it was DVD!
My trading thread...
Includes Criterion / Disney / Coupons / Regular Blu's / DVD's etc... http://forum.blu-ray.com/trading-for...ml#post4492250
Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #208
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedliniv View Post
Touch of Evil.....

I thought this was out on blu-ray in the uk? Check out amazon.co.uk - I bet all your prayers have been answered!

Touch of Evil Blu-ray
^^ That's Region B locked according to our reviewer.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #209

Apr 2011

I have a feeling picking these up is going to be a bit of a challenge for me...found the full lineup of the Blus at two separate Target locations, and over a hundred of them were completely friggin' mangled by those stupid security cases. I really want to talk to someone at Target that can do something about this, because I don 't think there's anything wrong with expecting something to be UNDAMAGED prior to purchase.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #210
Expert Member

Apr 2011

Are they in the clear plastic case or spiderwrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
I have a feeling picking these up is going to be a bit of a challenge for me...found the full lineup of the Blus at two separate Target locations, and over a hundred of them were completely friggin' mangled by those stupid security cases. I really want to talk to someone at Target that can do something about this, because I don 't think there's anything wrong with expecting something to be UNDAMAGED prior to purchase.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #211

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
Are they in the clear plastic case or spiderwrapped?
The ones I saw were all wrapped in the clear plastic cases...I truly don't understand the rationale on these, as I see TV on DVD sets at much higher price points, and none of them have any theft prevention devices ruining that packaging. UGH, just pisses me off.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #212
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
Has anyone won anything other than the $3 off coupon?

I just got one but don't know what I'm going to do with it since Best Buy doesn't carry these yet and Wal-Mart's stock is limited.
Jurassic Park: The Game.

They don't expire for like a year I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
Congrats on winning something different. I would just like to win one of the Universal 100 blus.
Thanks...not sure if I'll ever play it though. I should've given it away here instead of downloading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSquirreL View Post
That code was included in the trilogy BD box....what sucks is I'm on a Mac and the game is Windows ONLY! Nice Universal
It gave me the option to download it for Mac or PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
Really? My Target had them in clear cases but the slips were all mint. I thought it protected them more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Conventional audience wisdom and the entertainment press joked about "You don't have to make this movie, you know!", until one of the producers finally snapped and fired off what has since become known as "the Waterworld Letter": A petulant open letter to the press, telling us to stop picking on them, because everyone was happy on the set; sure, they'd had a few problems, but it'd helped them re-envision the movie into something even BETTER, they're all set to finish shooting, we're just the audience and we're not the one filming it anyway so quit all the talking about doom and gloom, and when it finally opens and becomes the #1 all time smash hit and makes a billion-shmillion dollars in the theaters, we'd all be sorry we were so mean to them, so there, nyeh!
Nice way to ingratiate the audience, by telling the "peasants" to know their place: The opening was like a wienie roast. Nowadays, when a troubled project like Supernova or Town & Country feels the personal schoolyard disgruntlement to fire off a "Everything's fine, so shaddup!" Waterworld Letter, that's an official confirmation the studio officially knows the project's a disaster and is whistling in the graveyard.
I tried searching for that letter but couldn't find it, do you have a source?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #213
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
I tried searching for that letter but couldn't find it, do you have a source?
Oops, my mistake, it was writer David Twohy who wrote it:
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-02-...hollywood-love

Quote:
What sparked the debate was David Twohy, a writer on "Waterworld," who took out ads in the Hollywood trade publications asking the movie industry to stop criticizing the film's huge costs -- estimated at $160 million and climbing -- before it was even completed.
In an "open letter to the industry," Twohy wrote: "Stop gnawing on the hand that feeds you. Just shut the hell up until the movie comes out. When it does, go see it. Then you can decide whether it's deserving of criticism or not."
Twohy said major movies "drive this industry," and added, "All of us should want the studios to swing for the fences with something like 'Waterworld.' Because when a summer movie hits big, there's more opportunity for other films."
(Yep--I was giving the POLITE version. )

Last edited by EricJ; 01-13-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #214

Nov 2009

How likely is Mystery Men this year?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #215

Jan 2010
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

I picked up Billy Elliot for $12.99 minus the $3 coupon at Best Buy. I watched it last night (great movie I'd never seen) and it looked decent. I suspect there was some filtering that had been done, but it wasn't a wax museum either.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #216
Power Member

Aug 2008
The Southland

anyone know what Target's price points are on these?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #217
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschachian View Post
How likely is Mystery Men this year?
I would guess 'not good'. I haven't heard anything, and I don't think there's a big demand for it. Of course, I could be wrong.
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I got a 3 dollar coupon for one of these movies, now I just need to find one at a good price before Feb 9th, 2012. When it expires.
Where did the coupon come from?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #219
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area

I picked up "Billy Elliot" for $4.99 plus tax from Best Buy yesterday. Used one of the $5 upgrade-and-save coupons, plus one of the $3 coupons I won from Universal's website.

Also picked up a few more at a local Target store. They had them on an endcap marked "Under $10 Deals" so they gave them to me at $9.99 each.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #220

Feb 2010
Austin, TX

I picked up the 100th Anniversary edition of Inglorious Basterds today. My local Walmart, in a spectacular display of intelligence, had the 100th Anniversary edition for $11.96 on display right beside the regular edition for $15.00. Then I entered the code it came with into the website and got a $3 coupon for my next 100th Anniversary blu.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America