Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL
USA The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - Review

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment plans to bring the David Fincher remake by the end of March.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Blu-ray

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Blu-ray Review
  • Commentary by David Fincher
  • Over four hours of documentary materials in the multi-part The Vanger Archives behind-the-scenes repository:
- Mikael Blomkvist
- In The Cottage
- Anita In The Window
- Harriet At The Parade
- Vanger Newsletter
- Vanger, Martin
- Wrapped In Plastic
- Vanger, Martin - Previsualization/Set Design
- Hedestad
- Vanger Estate
- Vanger Attic
- Harald's Den
- Stockholms Tunnelbana
- ADR
- Visual Effects Montage
  • Interactive, multi-angle main titles exploration with commentary by Tim Miller of Blur Studio
  • Commentary by director David Prior on the creation of the metal one sheet

Tech Specs:
  • Audio: English, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English Descriptive Track 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dolby Surround.
  • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi and Spanish subtitles.

Some of the information in the above listing may not apply to all special features on the Blu-ray or DVD
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"

Last edited by Deciazulado; 03-12-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Special Features/Tech Specs updated
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

That was quick.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Yes it was, that's only 8 days after my sister's birthday, will blind buy it because I really like Rooney and I've been quite curious about these movies for awhile.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

That's nearly 3 months. It also did not exceed its total production budget at the BO, I guess Sony wants to bring it sooner only to drive more sales. Before consumers forget this even existed. Which by the way it was an excellent movie to enjoy at the theater. Too bad there was so much more competition at the time it was released.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2007
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
That's nearly 3 months. It also did not exceed its total production budget at the BO, I guess Sony wants to bring it sooner only to drive more sales. Before consumers forget this even existed. Which by the way it was an excellent movie to enjoy at the theater. Too bad there was so much more competition at the time it was released.
if ure referring to box office i doubt it will leave theaters any time soon. give it time. it will make its money.
http://youtu.be/pmBCdSKEkfM
Sting - Desert Rose, with Bellydance
Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

yeah its still playing in theaters. it will probably make around $95M-100M domestically
Old 01-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

I'll probably check this out when it hits blu ray then.
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 01-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Lets also keep in mind March is Oscar season. This is going to get a few nominations here and there and thats the biggest drive for movie studios to release their titles normally right after the Oscars to keep the consumer engaged.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Yes it was, that's only 8 days after my sister's birthday, will blind buy it because I really like Rooney and I've been quite curious about these movies for awhile.
Why not go see it in the theater?
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 01-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
Expert Member

Jan 2010

Going to have to pass until later, I dont know why, but so many movies are being released in March that its becoming way too many for Day One purchases. Can they not spread them out a bit more???
Old 01-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwane5 View Post
if ure referring to box office i doubt it will leave theaters any time soon. give it time. it will make its money.
I dont think it stands a chance with MI: Ghost Protocol and others releasing this week. If it makes more Id say 15% more in budget.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Mission Impossible has been out almost as long as Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I don't see anything huge on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon Tattoo just hangs in the top ten for a while.

Although, releasing films on Blu so close after release doesn't help the theatrical box office as a lot of people will wait.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
Special Member

Oct 2007

I saw the movie again yesterday. my second time watching it. It was at a differnt theatre and there was a bit of a crowd for it. thursday afternoon showing. I will be getting the blu ray in march.

Jacob
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

Wont be seeing this in theaters so will blind buy!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
I dont think it stands a chance with MI: Ghost Protocol and others releasing this week. If it makes more Id say 15% more in budget.
MI:4 has been out for 4 weeks, and nothing notable is opening this weekend, so that is a complete non-issue. It has hovered around the number three spot since its release, which in my book is pretty good for a rape/murder thriller released during Christmas weekend. It will most likely stay about where it is for another week.

If the figures on Boxofficemojo are accurate (It's at almost 80 million worldwide, maybe a little more since they haven't updated the foriegn b.o. in a while), I would count on it meeting its budget this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post
Although, releasing films on Blu so close after release doesn't help the theatrical box office as a lot of people will wait.
However, I definitely agree with this. Whoever approved this is an idiot, or at least they should have waited until the end of January to announce it.
Adam: Why do you waste your time with that second-life bulls**t? Look at you. You're still in jail. You were in jail last week.
Jacob: Yeah, I'm a prisoner. It's called "doing hard time".
Old 01-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
Power Member

Mar 2010

OUCH @ those box office reciepts.

I will wait for the blu, I only watched the original trilogy last week.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #17

Feb 2011
Pennsylvania

Cannot wait to see this. Day 1 for me.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lherman22 View Post
MI:4 has been out for 4 weeks, and nothing notable is opening this weekend, so that is a complete non-issue. It has hovered around the number three spot since its release, which in my book is pretty good for a rape/murder thriller released during Christmas weekend. It will most likely stay about where it is for another week.

If the figures on Boxofficemojo are accurate (It's at almost 80 million worldwide, maybe a little more since they haven't updated the foriegn b.o. in a while), I would count on it meeting its budget this weekend.
It'll be a while before it makes back its advertising budget as well though which has to have been pretty darn huge.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Power Member

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

I had really high hopes for this one, and I thought it would be thrilling to see an American director's vision of my own home country. Overall though I must say I'm disappointed. It is a very well made film, no doubt about it, but when compared to the Swedish original, even by remake standards, it just felt unnecessary, like, what was the point? It also felt way too long, my girlfriend almost fell asleep during the last 20 minutes.
I also didn't really like how they really had to shove down our throats how it was in Sweden it all took place. Like how they made a big deal of the different brands of typical Swedish foods, snacks and cigarettes. Even Ericson and IKEA come up in the dialogue. And let's not even get started on the Swedish accents that everyone except Daniel Craig used. For a Swede, these things just became distracting and almost unintentionally comical at times. I'm guessing international viewers will be more forgiving about these things than some of us Swedes.
So it turned out to be a very handsomely shot and scored film. The audiovisual quality is probably its strongest asset. The opening credits are really incredible. It makes you wish the Swedish original contained those elements, because except for that, the Swedish film I feel is the better one. Won't be getting this one. Once is enough...
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #20
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
I had really high hopes for this one, and I thought it would be thrilling to see an American director's vision of my own home country. Overall though I must say I'm disappointed. It is a very well made film, no doubt about it, but when compared to the Swedish original, even by remake standards, it just felt unnecessary, like, what was the point? It also felt way too long, my girlfriend almost fell asleep during the last 20 minutes.
I also didn't really like how they really had to shove down our throats how it was in Sweden it all took place. Like how they made a big deal of the different brands of typical Swedish foods, snacks and cigarettes. Even Ericson and IKEA come up in the dialogue. And let's not even get started on the Swedish accents that everyone except Daniel Craig used. For a Swede, these things just became distracting and almost unintentionally comical at times. I'm guessing international viewers will be more forgiving about these things than some of us Swedes.
So it turned out to be a very handsomely shot and scored film. The audiovisual quality is probably its strongest asset. The opening credits are really incredible. It makes you wish the Swedish original contained those elements, because except for that, the Swedish film I feel is the better one. Won't be getting this one. Once is enough...
Was there any Abba on the soundtrack
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America