Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Pfreddy Pfreddy is offline
Active Member
 
Pfreddy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Upstate New York
47
Default Any 3D Blu-rays at Netflix?

I'm wondering if any of the discs with both 3D and 2D on the same discs are available on Netflix? I'm thinking "Spy Kids 4" or "Cave of Forgotten Dreams"? They probably make 2D versions only just for rental, but was wondering if anyone knows!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
LloydAZ LloydAZ is offline
Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfreddy View Post
I'm wondering if any of the discs with both 3D and 2D on the same discs are available on Netflix? I'm thinking "Spy Kids 4" or "Cave of Forgotten Dreams"? They probably make 2D versions only just for rental, but was wondering if anyone knows!
Currently NetFlix isn't offering any 3D content. Someone else on here posted a link to a site the only rents 3d Blu-Ray discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Pfreddy Pfreddy is offline
Active Member
 
Pfreddy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Upstate New York
47
Default

I figured not any exclusive 3D discs. But some releases such as "Cave" and "Spy Kids" offer both 2D and 3D on the same disc, selectable in the menu! I was wondering if THOSE are what comes in the mail?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
3Dguru 3Dguru is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2012
Default 3d Blu-ray rentals

I know that Netflix does not offcially rent 3D movies yet, but you ca always give 3Dbymail.com a try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dguru View Post
I know that Netflix does not offcially rent 3D movies yet, but you ca always give 3Dbymail.com a try.
And yes, I spoke with a rep who KNOWS that fans are beating down the doors for them, and yes, that Playstation fans are most of them--
But they've got enough problems of their own as it is, so until the "work it out", unquote, give them up for a lost cause.

Me, I use 3DBluray-Rental.com, and they've been pretty darn good (better than the mysteriously vanishing or sales-only stock of VOD rentals on PSN Store and Vudu.com)
Haven't used 3BM, but 3DRental's site seems a bit more comprehensive and up-to-date, plus they actually tell you what the rental prices are...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
Pfreddy Pfreddy is offline
Active Member
 
Pfreddy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Upstate New York
47
Default

Thanks for those options guys! I guess I didn't word my thread right though...I KNOW Netflix doesn't carry 3d yet. But some discs have BOTH versions on ONE disc, selecting the 2d or 3d in the menu. I'm wondering if Netflix carries these specific versions. "cave of forgotten dreams" and last "spy kids" are such discs that come with both versions on the ONLY retail versions out there! I guess I'll just rent one of those and report back as to wether they are the retail discs that have the 3d on them via Netflix.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfreddy View Post
ut some discs have BOTH versions on ONE disc, selecting the 2d or 3d in the menu. I'm wondering if Netflix carries these specific versions. "cave of forgotten dreams" and last "spy kids" are such discs that come with both versions on the ONLY retail versions out there! I guess I'll just rent one of those and report back as to wether they are the retail discs that have the 3d on them via Netflix.
Uh, I'm guessing it's a "no": Even the "hybrid" titles still come out in 2D-only editions, and that's what Netflix stocks.
(But then, the 3D wasn't reportedly that good on "Cave" anyway. )
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
guest1234 guest1234 is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

The fourth final destination has both versions. Says so on the features for the disc.
Oddly enough, it's called "The Final Destination" instead of "Final Destination 4"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #9
Pfreddy Pfreddy is offline
Active Member
 
Pfreddy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Upstate New York
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest1234 View Post
The fourth final destination has both versions. Says so on the features for the disc.
Oddly enough, it's called "The Final Destination" instead of "Final Destination 4"
It would be cool if Netflix has that then since both versions are on the same disc! I have CAVE on my queue next and will let you know if it shows up with both versions on the rental! As stated above, they usually have rental versions that are different then the retail versions, often times stripped of everything but the movie itself, but that is usually the higher profile movies so we shall see!!

Last edited by Pfreddy; 01-13-2012 at 12:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest1234 View Post
The fourth final destination has both versions. Says so on the features for the disc.
Oddly enough, it's called "The Final Destination" instead of "Final Destination 4"
Yep--
A) Back then, New Line thought it WAS going to be (they weren't even going to do #4 at all, let alone 5, except that they'd originally wanted to do #3 in 3-D and our 3D hadn't been invented yet), and
B) Shh, never, ever call yourself "4" --It's box-office poison, and makes people do lame jokes about "Final Destination XXVIII".

So instead, they took a page from Universal's "Fast & Furious", and turned it into a title that says "Admit it, you just come for the franchise, no matter what number it is!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
arabica arabica is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Just finished watching "Cave of Forgotten Dreams," which we got from Netflix -- and were very pleasantly surprised to find that we had the option to watch it in 3D. The Netflix page doesn't say anything about the 3D content being available, but it was there. Very cool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #12
Pfreddy Pfreddy is offline
Active Member
 
Pfreddy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Upstate New York
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabica View Post
Just finished watching "Cave of Forgotten Dreams," which we got from Netflix -- and were very pleasantly surprised to find that we had the option to watch it in 3D. The Netflix page doesn't say anything about the 3D content being available, but it was there. Very cool.
AWESOME!! This is exactly what I was talking about in the original post! It is a smaller title, and one that offers both the 2D and 3D on the same disc! Also one they probably wont go thru the trouble to make a rental version that doesnt have the 3D version on it....

I think I saw in the store that SPY KIDS 4 has a separate disc fro the 3D version so it won't be rentable like CAVES.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #13
3Dparty 3Dparty is offline
Member
 
Feb 2012
Default We rent blu-ray 3D movies, too - 3Dparty.org

Just my .02$. We rent blu-ray 3D movies, too. No late fees, good selection, low prices. Fastest delivery if you live on the East Coast. Check us out: 3Dparty.org.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
ant25 ant25 is offline
New Member
 
ant25's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfreddy View Post
I'm wondering if any of the discs with both 3D and 2D on the same discs are available on Netflix? I'm thinking "Spy Kids 4" or "Cave of Forgotten Dreams"? They probably make 2D versions only just for rental, but was wondering if anyone knows!
I can't find any 3D movie on Netflix from Canada. As far as I know, Netflix in US has much more options. Is it true?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #15
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant25 View Post
I can't find any 3D movie on Netflix from Canada. As far as I know, Netflix in US has much more options. Is it true?
Nnnnnno.
(Unless Netflix.ca doesn't have the hybrid disk of "Cave/Dreams", in which case we have one more option.)

There was talk a while ago of Netflix sounding out members for one more surcharge, but haven't heard anything for a while, and I'm guessing the result--
Anyone know anything more recent?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
disrember disrember is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2008
Hove, UK
263
52
1
Default

I dont know if this helps, but in the UK, we have lovefilm.com which is netflix's rival here and is in the US.

Currently lovefilm.com has 82 3d Blu-ray titles. I cant see what they have for rent in the us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
brian9229 brian9229 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125
94
602
56
9
39
Default

ive bought and rented 3d content on vudu and although its streaming the quality was unmistakeable. Ive watched tron legacy 3 times and i just cant believe the quality of the streaming 3d. Of course, youll need a decent internet set up.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #18
mseeley mseeley is offline
Special Member
 
mseeley's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
CA
91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
ive bought and rented 3d content on vudu and although its streaming the quality was unmistakeable. Ive watched tron legacy 3 times and i just cant believe the quality of the streaming 3d. Of course, youll need a decent internet set up.
Of that I don't have the best

However, I love using Vudu to test out recently released 3D flicks with their 2 min. test function
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
brian9229 brian9229 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125
94
602
56
9
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
Of that I don't have the best

However, I love using Vudu to test out recently released 3D flicks with their 2 min. test function
i love how on vudu you can pick either 2 min preview or the trailer but the 2 minute preview is always the first 2 minutes of the movie i always get a kick out of that
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #20
mseeley mseeley is offline
Special Member
 
mseeley's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
CA
91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
i love how on vudu you can pick either 2 min preview or the trailer but the 2 minute preview is always the first 2 minutes of the movie i always get a kick out of that
yeah

I just wished thought that the trailers were in 3D. There's a decent backlog of them in Vudu's 3D section, but they stopped updating it a loooong time ago methinks
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.