Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.98
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Default Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D (2012)

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D Blu-ray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham...ter_%28film%29

Produced by Tim Burton, Abraham Lincoln hunts Vampires on the side. This one is said to be in 3D, and will be released later this year, June 22, 2012 in theaters US.

I saw the cardboard stand up display in the theater today. Looks interesting. Glad to see it will be 3D.

The film has a budget of $69 million and will be produced in 3D according to the info I read.

I'd say the blu ray 3D will be released by October 2012.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 07-25-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Cool

The 2D trailer is up for this confirmed 3D movie. Looks pretty cool, an action style movie about Abraham Lincoln kicking butt, directed by the guy who directed WANTED. I'll keep an eye on the 3D one which should be up sooner or later.
The film has a budget of $69 million and will be produced in 3D. I'd take that to mean filmed in 3D.

I see Tim Burton, who produced this one, was busy directing Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp, which resembles a dark comedy more than the TV show back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZOTQ...ature=youtu.be

-------------------
Abraham Lincoln is reinvented as a vampire-killing president in this action movie directed by Timur Bekmambetov starring Benjamin Walker, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Rufus Sewell, and Dominic Cooper. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies author Seth Grahame-Smith adapts his own book for 20th Century Fox. Tim Burton produced alongside Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley.

Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy/Horror/Supernatural Thriller
Rating: Not yet available
Release Date: June 22, 2012
Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Cast: Benjamin Walker, Dominic Cooper, Anthony Mackie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jimmi Simpson, Robin McLeavy, Alan Tudyk, Rufus Sewell

Last edited by Zivouhr; 03-31-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

I'm HIGHLY anticipating this one. Wanted was great, and the 2D trailer for this looked awesome. I never knew it until now, but subconsciously, I've always wanted to see Abraham Lincoln, on horseback and hatchet in hand, charging at a bunch of vampires. A movie like that just can't lose.

Some initial impressions of the 3D trailer indicated that it has some good pop-out sequences. Can't wait to see it.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2122
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2146

June and July are going to be great months for 3D films.
  • Prometheus
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
Also:
  • Madagascar 3
  • Brave
  • Finding Nemo
  • Ice Age: Continental Drift
  • Piranha 3DD
  • Step-Up 4
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 04-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
I'm HIGHLY anticipating this one. Wanted was great, and the 2D trailer for this looked awesome. I never knew it until now, but subconsciously, I've always wanted to see Abraham Lincoln, on horseback and hatchet in hand, charging at a bunch of vampires. A movie like that just can't lose.

Some initial impressions of the 3D trailer indicated that it has some good pop-out sequences. Can't wait to see it.

• Prometheus
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
Also:
  • Madagascar 3
  • Brave
  • Finding Nemo
  • Piranha 3DD
  • Step-Up 4

I've been insanely curious about seeing a 3D trailer for the movie, and unfortunately, all the screenings I've been to lately were just the 2D one >:l
Old 04-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

could this be the 3d title ive been waiting for? fun story, great action, amazing depth and great pop! in all honesty, it seems every 3d title has left me wanting more in terms of a well synthesized blending of story, action, depth, and pop.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:

• Prometheus
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
Also:
  • Madagascar 3
  • Brave
  • Finding Nemo
  • Piranha 3DD
  • Step-Up 4
Yeah, 2012 is looking solid for 3D movies and especially action/adventure/superhero movies, kicked off with Underworld Awakening 3D (on blu ray 3D May 8, 2012). Thanks for the links.

Does anyone know if this one takes place before Lincoln's death, or does he rise as a vampire like Blade (technically a hybrid). He shaves his beard off in this one. I wonder how history fanatics will view the accuracy of the plot. There was an actual story that Lincoln looked at himself in the mirror and saw a very gaunt, deathly reflection staring back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
I've been insanely curious about seeing a 3D trailer for the movie, and unfortunately, all the screenings I've been to lately were just the 2D one >:l
I hope the 3D is on par with Underworld Awakening 3D, which was darker in color tones, as this one appears to be also set at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck301 View Post
could this be the 3d title ive been waiting for? fun story, great action, amazing depth and great pop! in all honesty, it seems every 3d title has left me wanting more in terms of a well synthesized blending of story, action, depth, and pop.
Also hope those who saw it are comparing it to movies like Hugo or Avatar's 3D standards.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 04-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #7

Mar 2011
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
[url]
Produced by Tim Burton, Abraham Lincoln hunts Vampires on the side.
I like Burton films OK, but usually watching them once is enough for me. This one has had me scratching my head since I first heard the title Sounds even wierder than usual (which is saying a lot for Burton )
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWright View Post
I like Burton films OK, but usually watching them once is enough for me. This one has had me scratching my head since I first heard the title Sounds even wierder than usual (which is saying a lot for Burton )
Yeah, it's far out there for concept films, but hopefully delivers on the main villain Lincoln is up against for a great challenge and great action scenes, considering the 'Wanted' film-director is behind this one. Wanted has some cool action.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWright View Post
Ugh, it was not directed, or written, by Burton! It was only produced by him. The film is actually directed by Timur Bekmambetov, the director of Night Watch (an amazing foreign vampire flick). He enjoys creating visual art with his cinematography. You can tell by watching the other films directed by him: Wanted, Night Watch, Day Watch, and now, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
Ugh, it was not directed, or written, by Burton! It was only produced by him. The film is actually directed by Timur Bekmambetov, the director of Night Watch (an amazing foreign vampire flick). He enjoys creating visual art with his cinematography. You can tell by watching the other films directed by him: Wanted, Night Watch, Day Watch, and now, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
Day Watch looked pretty cool with the car sliding across the building. Aside from that, is it an action vampire/werewolf style movie like Underworld or Blade, or more of a drama ilke that show Supernatural for lack of a better comparison?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Day Watch looked pretty cool with the car sliding across the building. Aside from that, is it an action vampire/werewolf style movie like Underworld or Blade, or more of a drama ilke that show Supernatural for lack of a better comparison?
More drama than action, but story driven. I had to watch it subbed, but I think there is an English dub out now.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #12
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
I see Tim Burton, who produced this one,
Yeah, but that's only because he exec-produces all the Russian Guy's movies--
That seems to be his only credit contribution: I first saw Tim's name next to the goofy-sounding title, and thought "be afraid, very afraid ", but looks like Timor's taking this one with straightfaced seriousness.
Please try to take notes, Tim.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
Basically, like Wes Craven, Tim's gone into the business of exec-producing his favorite emerging cult-directors (and pasting his name over theirs ), as he did with "9", and the Russian Night Watch guy seems to be a favorite of his right now.

That seems to be his only credit contribution: I first saw Tim's name next to the goofy-sounding title, and thought "be afraid, very afraid ", but looks like Timur's taking the concept straight from the book with straightforward seriousness.
Please try to take notes, Tim.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Peterborough, U.K

Yeah ok he is producing this and he produced "9" with Timur Bekmambetov ( the Russian guy) but that's it since James and the giant peach. He produced "9" as is was tim that got Shane Acker the money to make it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #15
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Just found out that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a 2D-3D conversion. The YouTube trailer's strong use of negative parallax sure fooled me when I thought it was shot with 3D cameras. After watching it again in slomo, some of the background elements do look less delineated than they should be. Overall, it looks like good 3D though with careful framing and planning for special effects.

http://collider.com/timur-bekmambeto...view-2/172598/
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 06-14-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Just found out that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a 2D-3D conversion. The YouTube trailer's strong use of negative parallax sure fooled me when I though it was shot with 3D cameras. After watching it again in slomo, some of the background elements do look less delineated than they should be. Overall, it looks like good 3D though with careful framing and planning for special effects.

The 3D looked really good before Prometheus 3D, I was under the impression it was filmed 3D, and the fact I couldn't tell the difference from the brief trailer says a lot.

Right after that trailer, The Great Gapsby (spelling) 3D trailer showed. Abe wasn't on that 3D level, which looks like it was filmed 3D on par with Hugo 3D, but that's for another thread, and Abe Hunter 3D still looks great in 3D, for the trailer so far anyway.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #17

Feb 2008
San Diego, CA
Send a message via AIM to ayS Send a message via Yahoo to ayS

I can't wait for this....cheesy, crappy or not.
HDTV: Sony 46' Bravia KDL-46XBR929
BD Player: Sony PS3 350GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #18
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

This movie looks action packed.I didnt know it was gonna be rated R,will blind buy on blu.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Rated R, lots of gory 3D action.

It's opening with the PG rated Brave (Pixar) 3D.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Just found out that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a 2D-3D conversion. The YouTube trailer's strong use of negative parallax sure fooled me when I thought it was shot with 3D cameras. After watching it again in slomo, some of the background elements do look less delineated than they should be. Overall, it looks like good 3D though with careful framing and planning for special effects.

Ha! I was probably right when I posted that claim on it being a conversion :P(if anybody remembers that post before the site got wiped lol)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies