COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion

Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California
Default Need Help !! Samsung 3D glasses lost sync to tv and now won't resync

I have a Samsung PN59D550 3D plasma. Has been working great since day 1,until this evening.
My 3D player is the PS3.
All of a sudden tonight my glasses lost sync to the tv. I'm using the Samsung 3D glasses SSG-3100GB
Thinking it might be low batteries I opened up a new pair of glasses I had stored away put the new battery in and that pair won't sync either.
Tried several movies and even did everything the glasses state to do with troubleshooting. I've tried syncing the glasses close to the tv and other distances several times, and all they do is flash red,green,red,green and then shut off.
The picture is 3D it's just that the glasses won't turn on and sync to the tv.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #2

Nov 2009

i had the same issue one time.. try turning off your ps3 and cell phones in the house that have bluetooth capability.. once u shut everything off make sure the tv is on and u should be good.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Still not working. I did what you said,I actually unplugged the PS3,Shut off all cell phones and anything else electronic wise.

Called Samsung and spent almost 45 minutes with them,although nice they don't know sh*t.
They couldn't even find the Samsung glasses that I own in their system. The guy ultimately told me to return the glasses and try out another pair.
I spent more time on the phone on hold and or telling and retelling them the same thing over and over again.
It's a obvious sync problem and at first they said it was the PS3, which I then told him the PS3 is unplugged and I should just be able to do the 2d to 3d option without the use of the PS3 and it should work but it doesn't. So I eliminated the PS3 option for them.
I don't know I might return my tv because this is lame.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #4

Nov 2009

blufan make sure your batteries are placed in correctly (not trying to say your dumb but a simple mistake can me made).. the ssg-3100gb might not be in their system because they have been discontinued.. i personally would try a few more attempts before exchanging those glasses since im not a fan of the new model ssg3050gb.. turn your converter on the tv itself making sure 3D is on then try syncing the glasses while your ps3 is still unplug.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Got it working finally. Had to do a reset on the tv.
Don't know why I didn't think of that myself.
I took all 3 pairs to Best Buy and the employee was able to sync them to there Samsung tv just fine. Then he told me I should do a reset of the tv.
I was spending more time eliminating everything else instead of just working on the tv.
Funny thing is Samsung never even brought doing this up,they went right after the PS3 and the glasses.

chameleontongue I can't thank you enough for taking your time and giving me some great help and advice. I mentioned to Samsung when I was talking to them that I've received more helpful advice from a Blu-ray.com member that what they've given me. And you were correct, the Best Buy employee said that he would have told me to do that(turn off all electronics and Bluetooth devices) if you hadn't mentioned it to me before hand.
Once again THANK YOU for your time and helping out a fellow member, you Kick Ass my friend.

Mods if you would like to close this thread you may, thanks for allowing me to put it up.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #6

Mar 2012
Default How to reset the TV ?

Hi there. Impossible to sync my glasses too!

For 1blufan : How to make a reset on the TV ?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #7

Sep 2009
Leeds, UK

Hold EXIT on your remote for 10 seconds and the screen will pop up. Be warned this will restore everthing to factory settings. Picture/Sound settings... Everything. Good luck
My Bedroom Setup
Front Speakers: Mission MX5 Floorstanding Speakers
Centre Speaker: Mission MXC2 Speaker
Rear Speakers: Mission 70DS Bipolar
3D TV: Samsung UE46D6100
Reciever: Onkyo TX-SR308

Pics in my HT gallery :)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #8

Dec 2012

So because i can't start a new thread i'll post here:

Hello Guys,

i own a samsung 3d tv. It is a P34D490.
I haven't used the 3d feature much except a for a few times, when the tv was new.
To make use of 3d i own a pair of SSG-3050 which used to sync perfectly with my tv.

They werent used for half a year or so, but I decided to use them again because i wanted to watch a 3d movie.

Now is where there is my problem: I can't get them to sync with my tv... they just flash green,red,green,red and turn off.
No matter what I do.. tried turning my cell phone and ps3, I tried several distances but all leads to the same ... no sync.
I even reset the tv but no luck with that either...
Could anybody help me?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2011

Is there a way to start the sync process on the TV first before turning on the glasses? Are the batteries good?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #10

Dec 2012

The batteries are brand new.
There is no way to start the sync process on the tv. The only option there is to activate and deactivate 3d.
tried it with 3d on and off...didnt work
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #11

Dec 2012

I would go back to the shop where you bought the tv if it is still under guarantee,or get
in touch with samsung,they might exchange the glasses for free if they are faulty,my samsung glasses are around 3 1/2 yrs old and still going strong, if you tell them the exact symptoms they should be able to tell if its the glasses or the 3d sensor on your
tv....having said that,are you in direct line of sight from the glasses to the sensor on the tv,mine is in the bottom left hand side of the frame,you might have a magazene or somthing on a coffie table just hiding the sensor,I know with mine if I lean to the left
slightly from where I sit the sensor is hidden behind the corner of my mantlpiece(my tv is on the wall on a corner bracket sticking out sideways in a corner.
hope that helps.
cheers.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #12

Nov 2009

i would try switching the batteries out. .even though u didnt use the glasses for like a yr, the battery could have died. this happen to me since i own 7 glasses and when i threw a 3D football party for a game on ESPN3D, the 5 glasses i dont use often all needed the batteries to be swapped out
Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #13

Dec 2012

@afpe45: there nothing in the line of sight between the glasses and the frame of the tv, besides should that matter since its bluetooth?

@chameleontongue: there no problem with the batteries since they are totally new
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion