COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$30.01
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #41
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Still getting used to Liam as Spartacus. Also still upset about Naevia being recasted as well. Kinda miss Bartiartis as well but the show is coming along so far and I just hope it takes off like season one did after 4-5 episodes. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 02-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #42

Feb 2010
Manchester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Still getting used to Liam as Spartacus. Also still upset about Naevia being recasted as well. Kinda miss Bartiartis as well but the show is coming along so far and I just hope it takes off like season one did after 4-5 episodes. Got Em!!
i watched the latest episode last night and IMDB confused me about the recast of Naevia (listed as the original actress).
i am likeing how the series is going and how Ashur is more in it being craft bad ass
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Really enjoyed this Episode. I actually found it pretty obvious that Lucretia wouldn't condemn Crixxus in the House of Batiatus.

One has to question the Intelligence of the Romans decision to put such great Gladiators back in the Arena I mean Seriously, Who the hell they got who is going to Beat Oneamus and Crixus.

Also, Liam Is growing on me more and more with each passing episode. I would like to see him bulk up a little though. He doesn't really strike me, Physically, As a well trained Gladiator.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 02-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter stark View Post
i watched the latest episode last night and IMDB confused me about the recast of Naevia (listed as the original actress).
i am likeing how the series is going and how Ashur is more in it being craft bad ass
Naw she was recasted along time ago during the hiatus. I loved the original Naevia and wouldnt mind a recast but I think they couldve chosen a better Naevia who resembled the original more. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Really enjoyed this Episode. I actually found it pretty obvious that Lucretia wouldn't condemn Crixxus in the House of Batiatus.

One has to question the Intelligence of the Romans decision to put such great Gladiators back in the Arena I mean Seriously, Who the hell they got who is going to Beat Oneamus and Crixus.

Also, Liam Is growing on me more and more with each passing episode. I would like to see him bulk up a little though. He doesn't really strike me, Physically, As a well trained Gladiator.
Maybe thats what it is about Liam. He is a small guy and I think bulking up could help his appearance. Glad to see Ganicus is coming back and I think that will also help us get over some of the recasting as well. I just wonder how will they bring him back as he won his freedom so why would he fight again? Got Em!!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Naw she was recasted along time ago during the hiatus. I loved the original Naevia and wouldnt mind a recast but I think they couldve chosen a better Naevia who resembled the original more. Got Em!!

Maybe thats what it is about Liam. He is a small guy and I think bulking up could help his appearance. Glad to see Ganicus is coming back and I think that will also help us get over some of the recasting as well. I just wonder how will they bring him back as he won his freedom so why would he fight again? Got Em!!
Maybe he will fight to free Oenomaus
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Maybe he will fight to free Oenomaus
So then Oenomaus
[Show spoiler]can kill him for finding out about his wife
lol. Got Em!!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
So then Oenomaus
[Show spoiler]can kill him for finding out about his wife
lol. Got Em!!

Exactly. It all fits together. Gannicus doesn't know Oenomaus Knows.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #48
Expert Member

Nov 2009
Montana

Oh man, tonight's episode was awesome. It especially felt good after last week's episode. Now I'm curious to see what
[Show spoiler]Gannicus does with Spartacus' band of slaves.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Put me down as liking the old Naevia more than the new one.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
Put me down as liking the old Naevia more than the new one.
Welcome to the club brother.

Is it me or is Gannicus' chin a little bit different!?!? Is EVERYONE different in this season?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter stark View Post
Yeah IMDB for some odd reason lists season one and three as Vengeance not Blood and Sand and Vengeance as entirely different series seasons.
83+12 = 6 Congrats to the 2014 NFL Hall of Fame Class

2014 Detroit Tigers 63-52 +0.5g
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

[Show spoiler]for a second I thought wow, Spartacus and co just killed a lot of innocents

but then again the people enjoy slaves killing each other for fun
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #53

Oct 2011
Mexico

Hello everybody I know this isn't the best place to post my question, but...it won't let me start a new thread.

I'm from Mexico, and I recently bought the bluray of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season one. Everything was going well...until I reached episode 4 "The thing in the pit", there...the subtitles disappeared! There are no subtitles in Spanish, nor in English. Zero subtitles...and I don't know if it's a problem with my Spartacus edition or my Blu-ray player.

Any suggestions? This problem really confuses me

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrutiValandil View Post
Hello everybody I know this isn't the best place to post my question, but...it won't let me start a new thread.

I'm from Mexico, and I recently bought the bluray of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season one. Everything was going well...until I reached episode 4 "The thing in the pit", there...the subtitles disappeared! There are no subtitles in Spanish, nor in English. Zero subtitles...and I don't know if it's a problem with my Spartacus edition or my Blu-ray player.

Any suggestions? This problem really confuses me

Thanks in advance.

Are you using spanish subtitles?? (I don't want to assume)

The only thing I can do at this point is check it out for myself on my copy at home (I get home 5:30pm est). If someone else can do it sooner, that would be cool.

Let's try that and see where we stand. If it is just you, then you can adjust accordingly.

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #55

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Are you using spanish subtitles?? (I don't want to assume)

The only thing I can do at this point is check it out for myself on my copy at home (I get home 5:30pm est). If someone else can do it sooner, that would be cool.

Let's try that and see where we stand. If it is just you, then you can adjust accordingly.

Good luck.
Thank you, if you could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
I wanted to use Spanish subtitles, yes, but since they didn't appear I tried with the English subtitles...but nothing happened
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Quote:
Thank you, if you could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
I wanted to use Spanish subtitles, yes, but since they didn't appear I tried with the English subtitles...but nothing happened
I'll check it and see.

I'm writing a note and wrapping my cell phone in it so I don't forget.

Spartacus: The Thing In the Pits: Spanish subtitles.

I'll check it when I get home bro. We'll get to the bottom of this.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Update:
Okay my friend. I just tried The Thing In the Pits on both my Blu-ray player and my PS3 and the subtitles work. I tried selecting subtitles from the main menu and that worked. I ejected the disc...played it again outright and then cycled through the subtitles on my remote and THAT worked. I put the disc back in my PS3, started from the beginning of the first episode with subtitled from the main menu and then skipped and fast forwared around until I got to your episode and it still worked.

Are you using a Blu-ray player or a PS3?? What kind of copies do you get in Mexico?? Are they the same as ours in The States or are they different?? Oddly enough, I think they are all printed in Mexico anyway!??! I'm baffled at this point. I suggest bringing the disc to a friend's house or maybe a store and asking them if you can try it out. Good luck man. ~LD
Old 02-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #58

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Update:
Okay my friend. I just tried The Thing In the Pits on both my Blu-ray player and my PS3 and the subtitles work. I tried selecting subtitles from the main menu and that worked. I ejected the disc...played it again outright and then cycled through the subtitles on my remote and THAT worked. I put the disc back in my PS3, started from the beginning of the first episode with subtitled from the main menu and then skipped and fast forwared around until I got to your episode and it still worked.

Are you using a Blu-ray player or a PS3?? What kind of copies do you get in Mexico?? Are they the same as ours in The States or are they different?? Oddly enough, I think they are all printed in Mexico anyway!??! I'm baffled at this point. I suggest bringing the disc to a friend's house or maybe a store and asking them if you can try it out. Good luck man. ~LD
I was using a Pioneer Blu-Ray player...BDP-120.
The copies are supposed to be the same as in The States, because certainly, they're printed here. I followed your advice and went to a friend's house to try it on his PS3, and wow...it worked, the subtitles appeared.
I was really surprised, so I came back to my house and tried it on my BD player, and...they didn't appear. I was really mad, but I ejected it and tried again...and this time it worked, the subtitles appeared.
Kinda weird...I wonder why they disappeared in the first place.
Thank you very much for your kind help, I hope it wasn't too much of a nuisance Cheers, my friend!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008

Quote:
I was using a Pioneer Blu-Ray player...BDP-120.
The copies are supposed to be the same as in The States, because certainly, they're printed here. I followed your advice and went to a friend's house to try it on his PS3, and wow...it worked, the subtitles appeared.
I was really surprised, so I came back to my house and tried it on my BD player, and...they didn't appear. I was really mad, but I ejected it and tried again...and this time it worked, the subtitles appeared.
Kinda weird...I wonder why they disappeared in the first place.
Thank you very much for your kind help, I hope it wasn't too much of a nuisance Cheers, my friend!
Not a problem. It can be very lonely when things don't work the way they should.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Alaska

Quote:
Episode 5 proved to me that this season may not be a flop, even though the new actors are weak compared to what they had. Naevia/Spartacus are the epitome of "generic" and have no presence in the show.

I miss Batiatus as well. I wish they did something so he could come back. He kept season 1 exciting and made the final episode so awesome.

Some great things about the episode:
[Show spoiler]Violent masochists meet their end.

Ilythia's father killed. We're shown a new side of Gaius.

The perverted prick gets a spear in the heart thanks to Spartacus!

Last edited by JamesKurtovich; 03-02-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television