COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$30.01
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #41
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

Still getting used to Liam as Spartacus. Also still upset about Naevia being recasted as well. Kinda miss Bartiartis as well but the show is coming along so far and I just hope it takes off like season one did after 4-5 episodes. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #42
walter stark walter stark is offline
Senior Member
 
walter stark's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Manchester, UK
50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Still getting used to Liam as Spartacus. Also still upset about Naevia being recasted as well. Kinda miss Bartiartis as well but the show is coming along so far and I just hope it takes off like season one did after 4-5 episodes. Got Em!!
i watched the latest episode last night and IMDB confused me about the recast of Naevia (listed as the original actress).
i am likeing how the series is going and how Ashur is more in it being craft bad ass
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #43
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Really enjoyed this Episode. I actually found it pretty obvious that Lucretia wouldn't condemn Crixxus in the House of Batiatus.

One has to question the Intelligence of the Romans decision to put such great Gladiators back in the Arena I mean Seriously, Who the hell they got who is going to Beat Oneamus and Crixus.


Also, Liam Is growing on me more and more with each passing episode. I would like to see him bulk up a little though. He doesn't really strike me, Physically, As a well trained Gladiator.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #44
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter stark View Post
i watched the latest episode last night and IMDB confused me about the recast of Naevia (listed as the original actress).
i am likeing how the series is going and how Ashur is more in it being craft bad ass
Naw she was recasted along time ago during the hiatus. I loved the original Naevia and wouldnt mind a recast but I think they couldve chosen a better Naevia who resembled the original more. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Really enjoyed this Episode. I actually found it pretty obvious that Lucretia wouldn't condemn Crixxus in the House of Batiatus.

One has to question the Intelligence of the Romans decision to put such great Gladiators back in the Arena I mean Seriously, Who the hell they got who is going to Beat Oneamus and Crixus.


Also, Liam Is growing on me more and more with each passing episode. I would like to see him bulk up a little though. He doesn't really strike me, Physically, As a well trained Gladiator.
Maybe thats what it is about Liam. He is a small guy and I think bulking up could help his appearance. Glad to see Ganicus is coming back and I think that will also help us get over some of the recasting as well. I just wonder how will they bring him back as he won his freedom so why would he fight again? Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #45
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Naw she was recasted along time ago during the hiatus. I loved the original Naevia and wouldnt mind a recast but I think they couldve chosen a better Naevia who resembled the original more. Got Em!!



Maybe thats what it is about Liam. He is a small guy and I think bulking up could help his appearance. Glad to see Ganicus is coming back and I think that will also help us get over some of the recasting as well. I just wonder how will they bring him back as he won his freedom so why would he fight again? Got Em!!
Maybe he will fight to free Oenomaus
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #46
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Maybe he will fight to free Oenomaus
So then Oenomaus
[Show spoiler]can kill him for finding out about his wife
lol. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #47
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
So then Oenomaus
[Show spoiler]can kill him for finding out about his wife
lol. Got Em!!

Exactly. It all fits together. Gannicus doesn't know Oenomaus Knows.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #48
terp_fan99 terp_fan99 is online now
Expert Member
 
terp_fan99's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montana
542
158
Default

Oh man, tonight's episode was awesome. It especially felt good after last week's episode. Now I'm curious to see what
[Show spoiler]Gannicus does with Spartacus' band of slaves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #49
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

Put me down as liking the old Naevia more than the new one.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #50
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.
911
21
2
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
Put me down as liking the old Naevia more than the new one.
Welcome to the club brother.


Is it me or is Gannicus' chin a little bit different!?!? Is EVERYONE different in this season?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #51
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter stark View Post
i watched the latest episode last night and IMDB confused me about the recast of Naevia (listed as the original actress).
i am likeing how the series is going and how Ashur is more in it being craft bad ass
Yeah IMDB for some odd reason lists season one and three as Vengeance not Blood and Sand and Vengeance as entirely different series seasons.
83+12 = 6 Congrats to the 2014 NFL Hall of Fame Class

2014 Detroit Tigers 63-52 +0.5g
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #52
Tony208 Tony208 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
397
308
Default

[Show spoiler]for a second I thought wow, Spartacus and co just killed a lot of innocents

but then again the people enjoy slaves killing each other for fun
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #53
FrutiValandil FrutiValandil is offline
Member
 
FrutiValandil's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
131
Mexico

Hello everybody I know this isn't the best place to post my question, but...it won't let me start a new thread.

I'm from Mexico, and I recently bought the bluray of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season one. Everything was going well...until I reached episode 4 "The thing in the pit", there...the subtitles disappeared! There are no subtitles in Spanish, nor in English. Zero subtitles...and I don't know if it's a problem with my Spartacus edition or my Blu-ray player.

Any suggestions? This problem really confuses me

Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #54
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.
911
21
2
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrutiValandil View Post
Hello everybody I know this isn't the best place to post my question, but...it won't let me start a new thread.

I'm from Mexico, and I recently bought the bluray of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season one. Everything was going well...until I reached episode 4 "The thing in the pit", there...the subtitles disappeared! There are no subtitles in Spanish, nor in English. Zero subtitles...and I don't know if it's a problem with my Spartacus edition or my Blu-ray player.

Any suggestions? This problem really confuses me

Thanks in advance.

Are you using spanish subtitles?? (I don't want to assume)

The only thing I can do at this point is check it out for myself on my copy at home (I get home 5:30pm est). If someone else can do it sooner, that would be cool.

Let's try that and see where we stand. If it is just you, then you can adjust accordingly.

Good luck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #55
FrutiValandil FrutiValandil is offline
Member
 
FrutiValandil's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Are you using spanish subtitles?? (I don't want to assume)

The only thing I can do at this point is check it out for myself on my copy at home (I get home 5:30pm est). If someone else can do it sooner, that would be cool.

Let's try that and see where we stand. If it is just you, then you can adjust accordingly.

Good luck.
Thank you, if you could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
I wanted to use Spanish subtitles, yes, but since they didn't appear I tried with the English subtitles...but nothing happened
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #56
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.
911
21
2
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrutiValandil View Post
Thank you, if you could tell me, I would really appreciate it.
I wanted to use Spanish subtitles, yes, but since they didn't appear I tried with the English subtitles...but nothing happened
I'll check it and see.

I'm writing a note and wrapping my cell phone in it so I don't forget.

Spartacus: The Thing In the Pits: Spanish subtitles.

I'll check it when I get home bro. We'll get to the bottom of this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #57
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.
911
21
2
3
Default

Update:
Okay my friend. I just tried The Thing In the Pits on both my Blu-ray player and my PS3 and the subtitles work. I tried selecting subtitles from the main menu and that worked. I ejected the disc...played it again outright and then cycled through the subtitles on my remote and THAT worked. I put the disc back in my PS3, started from the beginning of the first episode with subtitled from the main menu and then skipped and fast forwared around until I got to your episode and it still worked.

Are you using a Blu-ray player or a PS3?? What kind of copies do you get in Mexico?? Are they the same as ours in The States or are they different?? Oddly enough, I think they are all printed in Mexico anyway!??! I'm baffled at this point. I suggest bringing the disc to a friend's house or maybe a store and asking them if you can try it out. Good luck man. ~LD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #58
FrutiValandil FrutiValandil is offline
Member
 
FrutiValandil's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Update:
Okay my friend. I just tried The Thing In the Pits on both my Blu-ray player and my PS3 and the subtitles work. I tried selecting subtitles from the main menu and that worked. I ejected the disc...played it again outright and then cycled through the subtitles on my remote and THAT worked. I put the disc back in my PS3, started from the beginning of the first episode with subtitled from the main menu and then skipped and fast forwared around until I got to your episode and it still worked.

Are you using a Blu-ray player or a PS3?? What kind of copies do you get in Mexico?? Are they the same as ours in The States or are they different?? Oddly enough, I think they are all printed in Mexico anyway!??! I'm baffled at this point. I suggest bringing the disc to a friend's house or maybe a store and asking them if you can try it out. Good luck man. ~LD
I was using a Pioneer Blu-Ray player...BDP-120.
The copies are supposed to be the same as in The States, because certainly, they're printed here. I followed your advice and went to a friend's house to try it on his PS3, and wow...it worked, the subtitles appeared.
I was really surprised, so I came back to my house and tried it on my BD player, and...they didn't appear. I was really mad, but I ejected it and tried again...and this time it worked, the subtitles appeared.
Kinda weird...I wonder why they disappeared in the first place.
Thank you very much for your kind help, I hope it wasn't too much of a nuisance Cheers, my friend!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #59
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.
911
21
2
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrutiValandil View Post
I was using a Pioneer Blu-Ray player...BDP-120.
The copies are supposed to be the same as in The States, because certainly, they're printed here. I followed your advice and went to a friend's house to try it on his PS3, and wow...it worked, the subtitles appeared.
I was really surprised, so I came back to my house and tried it on my BD player, and...they didn't appear. I was really mad, but I ejected it and tried again...and this time it worked, the subtitles appeared.
Kinda weird...I wonder why they disappeared in the first place.
Thank you very much for your kind help, I hope it wasn't too much of a nuisance Cheers, my friend!
Not a problem. It can be very lonely when things don't work the way they should.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #60
JamesKurtovich JamesKurtovich is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
JamesKurtovich's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Alaska
6
227
4
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Still getting used to Liam as Spartacus. Also still upset about Naevia being recasted as well. Kinda miss Bartiartis as well but the show is coming along so far and I just hope it takes off like season one did after 4-5 episodes. Got Em!!
Episode 5 proved to me that this season may not be a flop, even though the new actors are weak compared to what they had. Naevia/Spartacus are the epitome of "generic" and have no presence in the show.

I miss Batiatus as well. I wish they did something so he could come back. He kept season 1 exciting and made the final episode so awesome.

Some great things about the episode:
[Show spoiler]Violent masochists meet their end.

Ilythia's father killed. We're shown a new side of Gaius.

The perverted prick gets a spear in the heart thanks to Spartacus!

Last edited by JamesKurtovich; 03-02-2012 at 04:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 PM.