COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Thalía: Viva Tour (Blu-ray)
$13.48
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #1

Apr 2009
Default Iron Maiden: En Vivo! 3/26/12 Review

Iron Maiden: En Vivo! Blu-ray

Iron Maiden: En Vivo! Blu-ray Review

Kick ass.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/envivo/

DVD DISC ONE “LIVE AT ESTADIO NACIONAL, SANTIAGO”
(approx running time 120 mins)

1. Satellite 15
2. The Final Frontier
3. El Dorado
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight
5. The Talisman
6. Coming Home
7. Dance Of Death
8. The Trooper
9. The Wicker Man
10. Blood Brothers
11. When The Wild Wind Blows
12. The Evil That Men Do
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Running Free

DVD DISC TWO / BLURAY “BEHIND THE BEAST”
(approx running time 102 mins)

1. Behind The Beast documentary
2. Satellite 15…The Final Frontier promo video (director’s cut)
3. The Making of Satellite 15…The Final Frontier promo
4. The Final Frontier World Tour Show Intro

Last edited by Deciazulado; 03-30-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

If there is one band I want to get a Blu from it's Maiden.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #3

Jul 2009

I have Flight 666 already and would gladly add this to my collection. Day One for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UP THE IRONS
Old 01-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #4

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
If there is one band I want to get a Blu from it's Maiden.
I'm with you on that. But at the same time I would love buy the steel book version. Its strange how they will put out a 2 DVD disc steel book but not offer the same on Bluray. You would think it would be cheaper going Blu than DVD?? Either way I'm getting one of them. Not surre how limited this really is, but the price isn't to bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-Vi...7157381&sr=8-2
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #5

Apr 2009

I'm just going to grab both versions.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #6

Apr 2009
Virginia
Send a message via MSN to madmojo

I was wondering when they were finally going to release this. They mentioned it was coming out in 2011, but it never did. My favorite band, so of course I'm picking this up day one!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Power Member

Sep 2009
Texas

I saw Maiden on this tour when they were in Albuquerque New Mexico. Got my preorder in and can't wait for this to arrive on blu ray.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Power Member

Aug 2010

Day 1 Buy. One of my favorite bands! Up the Irons
and "Scream For Me Long Beach"
Old 01-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2009
Des Moines, IA

Flight 666 was awesome!

Hope this is the same or better,nice to see it one full concert with some nice track lisitings.

Iron Maiden still has it,they don't seem to have slowed down a bit and neither has Bruce's voice which i am surprised
Old 01-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Hm, Iron Maiden is a huge thing to me, really, just massive. My number 1 band and musical influence.
But I'd rather have older stuff in HD, like 'Live After Death', IF that would even be possible, but it's just an example.
Or 'Rock In Rio' actually, that one kinda sucks video-wise on DVD...
And I also don't really like the "Final Frontier"-album... sparked no interest at all...
Seeing that a bunch of songs are from that album, this BD might not be interesting for me.
And most of the rest of the setlist looks like they're all the same ones again, which is so tiresome. (Why do they do that??)
Then again, who knows, maybe this BD CAN spark me an interest in their latest album.

I also don't like "Eddie" at all by the way, that's just not Eddie.
I'm not one who's nitpicky, but that's just... not at all Eddie...

Sorry to seem all negative here. But I'm more than a little disappointed about the older stuff not coming to BD (yet)...
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
Old 01-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
Hm, Iron Maiden is a huge thing to me, really, just massive. My number 1 band and musical influence.
But I'd rather have older stuff in HD, like 'Live After Death', IF that would even be possible, but it's just an example.
Or 'Rock In Rio' actually, that one kinda sucks video-wise on DVD...
And I also don't really like the "Final Frontier"-album... sparked no interest at all...
Seeing that a bunch of songs are from that album, this BD might not be interesting for me.
And most of the rest of the setlist looks like they're all the same ones again, which is so tiresome. (Why do they do that??)
Then again, who knows, maybe this BD CAN spark me an interest in their latest album.

I also don't like "Eddie" at all by the way, that's just not Eddie.
I'm not one who's nitpicky, but that's just... not at all Eddie...

Sorry to seem all negative here. But I'm more than a little disappointed about the older stuff not coming to BD (yet)...
I also want Live After Death on blu.....and you're right about this release (and also right about "Eddie" looking terrible on this new release) . It does nothing for me.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #12

Apr 2009

Live After Death is a classic and I would love to see it on Blu. Really, any and all of the previous Maiden releases would be welcomed.

As far as Eddie goes, people were complaining the same way in the 80's. He changes every time. Maiden fans should know this.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
I also want Live After Death on blu.....and you're right about this release (and also right about "Eddie" looking terrible on this new release) . It does nothing for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutato View Post
Live After Death is a classic and I would love to see it on Blu. Really, any and all of the previous Maiden releases would be welcomed.

As far as Eddie goes, people were complaining the same way in the 80's. He changes every time. Maiden fans should know this.
But, I meant that this is just a whole different thing, also on the album-cover, not just this BD.
I loved the whole changing thing about Eddie, giving him a theme and all, but they were recognizable.
When I first saw the album-cover of their last album, I was WONDERING where Eddie was at all.
I was looking and looking, only to find out that the huge Alien-thing was Eddie.
And I went something like "What? Really? That should be Eddie?".

I mean, I'm not even someone who was bothered by the "BNW"-Eddie, I even bought it as a flag.
The "Death"-Eddie was appropriate, except the album-cover was messy.
And the "AMOLAD"-Eddie, was... OK, but it was still just Eddie, that corpse-ish zombie-like Eddie.
Now, he's a space-monster... I have to be honest about it...

Giving it another look, he also kinda looks like an "Abomination"-ripoff from 'The Incredible Hulk'.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HJf-jafT...l+Frontier.jpg
http://www.incredible-hulk-library.c...he-movie-l.jpg

Also, I'm not sure if anyone here has technical knowledge about the 'Live After Death' and 'Rock In Rio' concerts?
But I really hope they have it on actual film for an HD-transfer.
I have my doubts on 'Live After Death', but 'Rock In Rio' should be quite a bit more modern, being shot 15 years later.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 01-23-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

The Live after Death DVD was released in 2008 after the previous formats VHS/Beta/LaserDisc/VHD/Hi-8 , am i'm with you on the same wagon why the hell Steve Harris diden't released in BR . BTW this is a only North American release in NTSC , but as usual someone mess it up on the mixing ( Live After Dead , Rock In Rio , 666 ) as far the CD's no complains here but from the few DVD's/BR that i own , only the Visions of the Beast dosen't have any hiccup's .
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
The Live after Death DVD was released in 2008 after the previous formats VHS/Beta/LaserDisc/VHD/Hi-8 , am i'm with you on the same wagon why the hell Steve Harris diden't released in BR . BTW this is a only North American release in NTSC , but as usual someone mess it up on the mixing ( Live After Dead , Rock In Rio , 666 ) as far the CD's no complains here but from the few DVD's/BR that i own , only the Visions of the Beast dosen't have any hiccup's .
You mean 'Live After Death' is? Cause I actually have it as a proper DVD from the UK.
But yeah, it's strange that it was released on DVD so very late,
so late that there was even some kind of Brazilian "official bootleg DVD" or something.
Again, the reason might be that it's not actually on film, which I don't know.
It says on IMDb that it was shot in 4:3 on 35mm film. I'm not sure what to believe of that...

Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #16

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio

Just watched the trailer for this. Just like Flight 666, slipt screens and tons of audience shots . Why can't they have a live DVD/Bluray and show just the band performing on stage without every2 or 3 seconds showing the crowd? Makes me dizzy. Is that so hard to ask for or do? I think not. I may end up buying not sure yet. May want to see more trailers first. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #17

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

I'll take what I can get when it comes to Maiden, but I wasn't impressed with the set list on this tour. Maybe it would be refreshing if they already had a few shows from different eras on blu already. I'd love to see this one get the blu treatment. The classic Di'Anno footage would rule!
"Every beast ought to lick his own wounds."
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Just watched the trailer for this. Just like Flight 666, slipt screens and tons of audience shots . Why can't they have a live DVD/Bluray and show just the band performing on stage without every2 or 3 seconds showing the crowd? Makes me dizzy. Is that so hard to ask for or do? I think not. I may end up buying not sure yet. May want to see more trailers first. Just my 2 cents.
I agree, it's kind of a "ripoff" too, when you put a lot of audience-shots in there.
Sure, it's probably to show some more action and also appreciation towards the fans by putting them on there.
But of course from our side, we like to see the band, as we buy a product of THEM.

It's probably a result of Harris' editing? As I've read before, his playful editing was quite criticized upon.
However, seeing that trailer on the linked page, it seems like they did something completely different this time around.
It looks like they did this "comic" kind of thing, à la 'Hulk' or 'Sin City'(?), seeing they also made a comic-styled artwork for the first single.
Looks interesting actually, that multi-shot kinda thing. But I'm not sure if this style is in the final product? :S
Then again, I just don't think it's "Maiden" altogether, with the album included, but the editing-style does complement the album I guess.

Today I had another look at Godsmack's 'Changes'.
Now, I don't know if any of you would be a fan of their music, but you should check out that DVD, it's really awesome.
The shots are great, and why I come up with this is, they could really take an example of the editing on this DVD.
Note, though, that they branched the concert through a documentary on the band.
But, as I pointed out it's branched, you can watch the concert separately, only you have to choose that in the menu.

Might be on a different topic, but I would love to see thát concert in HD.
The DVD's video-quality is not so good, it's pretty messy compared to what DVD can be.
I think 'Live After Death' is still even better, also newer on DVD at that, but I'm not sure anymore.

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 01-24-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

Im kind of not digging the set list
Old 01-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #20

Sep 2011

i love maiden but i wish they would go back to the sound they had from the period of time between number of the beast and Seventh son albums...my favorite being Powerslave.. im not saying i dont like anything off of the Cds they have released since 2000 but alot of these albums sure the songs are longer but alot of em are slow slow slow till maybe halfway through the song... and the setlist on this Dvd is well kinda blah... there is a reason why the classic songs are considered classics i just wish maiden would figure it out and go back to that sound..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America