Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #21
Expert Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post
+1... and i've heard somewhere about him marrying ekta kapoor. so he isn't gay then!!
Don't want to encourage further discussion on a topic that is totally irrelevant to both movies and blu-rays. But I can't help but point out, that in a conservative society such as India, there are many gay people who have married simply due to social pressures. Thus, him marrying Ekta, or anyone else for that matter, is not conclusive evidence of anything.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

And Ekta Kappor marrying him or anyone else is not conclusive evidence of anything either
Old 02-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmajic2000 View Post
when we say 'gory' we mean by indian film standards..well thats what i meant anyway...hollywood has reached a level of gore the indian film industry will probably never get too...
so dont go into the movie thinking GOREFEST..think of it as gory,rough,in your face....as per indian standards..
Ah ok. Thanks.
"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
Michael Corleone to Tom and Rocco about Roth - (The Godfather 2)
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #24

Oct 2009
Santa Monica, California
Default Lot of gay people in hollywood / bollywood

Lots of directors, wardrobe, in bollywood and hollywood are gay, we have matlaab with their movies and their creative genius, and their sexuality is their private business, like mine is to my customers. I think we should respect that, he is one of the greatest directors. My cousin is gay i don't love him less, i love him for who he is.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #25

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
Lots of directors, wardrobe, in bollywood and hollywood are gay, we have matlaab with their movies and their creative genius, and their sexuality is their private business, like mine is to my customers. I think we should respect that, he is one of the greatest directors. My cousin is gay i don't love him less, i love him for who he is.
indeed! gay johar, SLB , VVC are all gay or gayish lol
Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #26

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
indeed! gay johar, SLB , VVC are all gay or gayish lol
you need to grow up
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
I think we should respect that, he is one of the greatest directors.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #28

May 2010
Bangalore

i just watched it and agree with the audio visual excellence part. The individual components being impressive for e.g. Rishi kapoor's performance and Sanju's presence in particular, the movie however, was not at all impressive for me . Guess i cant stand regressive films anymore in which every sad and happy situation is supposed to have a song to enhance the feel of it, especially in an action thriller. I thought the makers had a very good hold on score and cud have easily achieved the emotional enhancement with score itself. Songs were killing the narrative for me which otherwise cud have been an engaging one. Overall, the movie is just a one time watch for the only reason of sporting a 'great and impressively restrained visual look' for an indian film- very nicely filtered in consonance with the core theme of the story. The only thing that can save an 80's style film from sounding cliched is to use modern technology in the right way to make it feel more realistic; and in parts, Agneepath almost seems to succeed in that endeavour.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

We watched Agneepath yesterday.

The Good - It is not a scene by scene remake, few good performances, few well done scenes, excellent PQ (can't say about AQ as the cinema I went was not the best for Audio)

The Bad - lack of coherent narrative, several plot holes, over the top performances, Hrithik wrongly cast as Vijay, what was Priyanka doing by the way, under developed characterisation of several lead roles, too long and winded, too much background music.

The Ugly - Songs thrown at randam for no reason adding nothing but pain in watching through, testing the intelligence of audience with logic that is illogical at its best, pacing (at times I was wondering what the hell is going on). Why do we need an item song for every movie? Another hideous practice that is becoming more of a standard in Bollywood, too loud at times.

Overall, experience was like a soft drink that had too much fizz of different kinds, yet it fizzled out in no time. Wife being a Hrithik fan was disappointed as well.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery

Last edited by anibap; 02-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
Overall, experience was like a soft drink that had too much fizz of different kinds, yet it fizzled out in no time. Wife being a Hrithik fan was disappointed as well.
How were Hrithik's thumbs - did they play well or did they stay hidden throughout the film?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I was not looking for it but IIRC, it was neither deliberately shown nor there was an attempt to hide it. Hrithik was shown having food with his left hand which many might find strange but I found it quite natural if someone is left handed.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 02-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #32
Expert Member

Mar 2008

I saw the movie yesterday in the theater and the only good thing about the experience, was the fact that after a long time I was lucky to watch a Hindi film in a non digital projection. So for once, the picture quality was great and not marred by digitisation as has become the bane of theatrical presentations of bollywood movies. The audio quality was also quite good but the experience was somewhat marred by the jarring overdose of loud and continuous background score. As for the movie itself, let's just say "खोदा पहाड़, निकली चुयिया" ("khoda pahad, nikli chuyia" similar to "making a mountain out of a mole hill").

When I had first heard of Karan Johar wanting to remake 'Agneepath', my immediate thought was, why in the world would anyone want to make a remake of an absolutely crap and more importantly in the case of bollywood, a totally flop movie. But then, most bollywood producers/directors/actors generally live in a delusional world of their own, in which even the most mediocre work and at times even the crappiest of their work, is projected as great cinema. Thus, with the right packaging, enough marketing and furthermore, backed by the typical Indian media hyperbole, the project did seem like a great commercial prospect. So from Karan Johar's perspective, "why not"? When the movie finally got released and the film makers quite actively pointed out that the new Agneepath had very little in common with the original, I too got suckered into going to watch the movie in a theater. Which by the way, for me is a rarity now and very seldom do I venture out to the theaters. Although, taking into account 'Don 2', this is the second time in two months and if compared to my experience with 'Don 2', I suppose this one compares rather favorably since unlike with 'Don 2', I did not sleep through the movie and also the picture quality was immensely better, as it was not a digital presentation at PVR theaters as 'Don 2' was.

Honestly, I had watched the original 'Agneepath' back when it first came out in my college days in the US and I don't really remember much of it other than the fact, that I had found the movie to be absolutely crap and had had a very tough time even sitting through it. I also remember, unlike what bollywood would have you believe now, it to be one of the worst, if not the very worst performance of Amitabh's career. Therefore, I cannot really make much of a comparison between the two movies and in that context, all I will say is that, if memory serves me right, this movie is definitely a vast improvement over the absolute crap directed by 'Mukul Anand'. Did that guy ever make even half a decent movie? Please don't bother to answer that one, for it's a rhetorical question as far as I am concerned.

Coming back to Karan Johar's 'Agneepath'. My take:

The Good: Still racking my brains on this one. Maybe the fact, that it is better than the original.

The Bad: The script. Poorly etched characters. Major inconsistencies in characterization. Huge plot holes. Bollywood, cliched concepts, such as, a romantic angle for the main lead.

The Ugly: Jarringly loud & continuous background score. Too many and to make it worse, bad songs intruding into the narrative of the movie.

PS: Although not for the first time, but I am still shocked to see, seemingly educated parents, bringing their young children, ranging from toddlers to early teens, to a movie such as 'Agneepath'. By the way, it wasn't just a stray incident of one misguided family, rather there were numerous such families in the the theater. Mind you, this was for a late night show, on a school night. But then, this is a movie depicting the rape of a handicapped girl child, several scenes of young and minor girls being auctioned for sex, rampant blood shed, bloody butchering of human beings and with a base theme of revenge. Wow, with such great family entertainment at stake, how could such mundane things such as school in the morning be allowed to come in the way of a loving family outing. I suppose the Indian censor board too, deserves special praise for NOT rating this movie as appropriate for 'adults only'. After all, they did insert a 'Cigarette smoking is injurious to health' on the screen, when someone in the movie lit up. Hmm.. I wonder which genius politician's brain child, this idea is. Honestly though, based on many past experiences, I am quite sure in any case, that an 'adult only' rating would also not have been a deterrent for many parents in India. For I recall the same scenario, for many other movies in the past that have been rated 'Adults Only'.

Last edited by sanjay0864; 02-10-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

LOL, talk about one man's wine being another man's poison. I like the original Agneepath. To be sure, it's an overlong, plothole-laden and cliched film and Mithun Chakraborty's Krishnan Iyer YemYay was atrocious, but I thought it was a decent masala Amitabh film. Unlike you, I liked his performance and remember several of his scenes from the film (especially the "survival of the fittest" monologue).
And while it may have bombed at the BO, the movie gained a cult following in the video and cable circuit, so it's not all that illogical for it to be remade. The re-makers have been proved right too, given its handsome collections
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #34

Sep 2011
Ny

finally saw Agneepath in the theater it was fanastic i rate it 4 and a half stars out of 5 just simply loved this movie sanjay dutt deserves an award for this movie he did such great acting... hritik roshan has never performed better in my opnion in any of his other movies compared to this one he was amazing oh and ofc rishi kapoor hats off !!! priyankas cute as always overall me my mom n dad all loved it if any of you havent seen it yet go for it you guys just cant afford to miss out on this one!! now i cant wait until eros releases its bluray btw i saw ek main aur ek tu in the theater to i rate it 0 stars out of 5 complete rubbish man avoid this film only 1 gud thing of the movie was kareenas cute looks dats it n maybe 1 or 2 songs dats it.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #35

Oct 2009
Santa Monica, California
Default Sanjay dutt should get best actor

I liked Sanjay Dutt's acting so much, it was so " out of the box", well carryed out, he really got into this demon, i nominate him for best actor next years filmfare awards, this beats Deniro, Pacino its in that league

Hrithik bi kum nahi tha, he was able to play a withdrawn sad forlorn charecter , like i have never seen. When the song Gun Gun gunha, was on, he still didnt do his usual ephoric dance, he was withdrawn, solemn, drunk sad, and knowing Hrithik's dancing prowess this says a lot for the director and the movie. this movie maintained its theme and was very well done.

9 stars, 10 stars for Sunju's acting

Last edited by bollywood karim; 02-20-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #36

Sep 2011
Ny

i think sanjay dutt should get best actor in a negative role award :] but only thing is when i went to watch the movie the song o saiyyan was not in it
Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
When the song Gun Gun gunha, was on, he still didnt do his usual ephoric dance, he was withdrawn, solemn, drunk sad, and knowing Hrithik's dancing prowess this says a lot for the director and the movie. this movie maintained its theme and was very well done.
It says a lot more on general expectation of viewers of Indian cinema. The director should have done a lot more than not allowing Hrithik to show his dancing prowess.
My Theater Gallery
Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #38

Oct 2009

so getting back to release dates/aq/pq, do we know of any dates for this release??
Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #39

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
I liked Sanjay Dutt's acting so much, it was so " out of the box", well carryed out, he really got into this demon, i nominate him for best actor next years filmfare awards, this beats Deniro, Pacino its in that leagur!!!!!.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #40

Apr 2009
Thumbs up Reply

I was thinking if we could have Agneepath 1 and 2 in blu ray combo pack with posters of Agneepath 1 and 2 to be included. Please be reminded to those who are going to work on this movie is "they must bring this movie in great picture and audio quality." If they mess up with this one it will be hugely dissapointed for all fans. Great movies are meant to be in great quality.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India