COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Les Misérables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Power Member

Mar 2009
United Kingdom Demons (Lamberto Bava) Pre-orders

Demons / Demons 2 Blu-ray

Demons Blu-ray

Demons 2 Blu-ray

Coming on April 2nd from Arrow with the sequel a week later.
The original is a bit pricey at £18 but Amazon have the sequel at a very reasonable £12. These must be among the titles I've bought most times, Anchor Bay, German Box, Japanese Box, Starz, PMD DVDs, I hope this is the last time I'll be buying them for a while.
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"

Last edited by Deciazulado; 03-07-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

i'll wait until they come down in price.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #3

Feb 2010

Arrow's website are showing 1 and 2 as limited editions so get your orders in!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #4

Aug 2010
Bodø, Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
Arrow's website are showing 1 and 2 as limited editions so get your orders in!
Yes, that is because after a while when the limited editions are sold out, they wil be re-released as Unlimited editions and lose the windowed slipbox, 2 artwork panels, booklet and poster.

Last edited by Jompa; 01-31-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

$46 US Dollars for both of them off of Amazon UK. Worth it in my opinion. Loved these movies.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

Nov 2009
SRB

Got an email from Amazon today saying that Demons 2 was pushed forward so release date is now the same as for Demons - 2 April.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

are they region free? thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBlu View Post
It's 50/50. Some Arrow titles are Region Free and some are Region B locked.

Also, guess what I am as fast as? A SHARK!!!

George slicing up Demons to this awesome song.

Last edited by OrlandoEastwood; 02-05-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #9

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBlu View Post
Yes, they've already been confirmed by Arrow to be region free.

Arrow's releases, unless noted, tend to be region free. The only ones I can think of that are not region free happen to be Battle Royale (post-Limited Edition), Bicycle Thieves, The Funhouse and Rififi. Those releases tend to be region locked due to the studios they're licensing the content from (Toei for Battle Royale, Universal for The Funhouse, etc).
Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
Special Member

Sep 2010

Random helicopter falling through the building + samurai dirtbike demon massacre= entertainment.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #11

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompa View Post
Yes, that is because after a while when the limited editions are sold out, they wil be re-released as Unlimited editions and lose the windowed slipbox, 2 artwork panels, booklet and poster.
So... they get actually better if we wait?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
It's 50/50. Some Arrow titles are Region Free and some are Region B locked.

Also, guess what I am as fast as? A SHARK!!!

Fast as a Shark

George slicing up Demons to this awesome song.

If only they had this soundtrack as an extra. I'd buy it.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
Expert Member

May 2011
The Black Lodge

Full specs outlined below:

[Show spoiler]Demons (Arrow Video) Limited Edition Blu-ray

Live and direct, straight from HELL!

Lamberto Bava and Dario Argento bring you THE Gonzo Horror movie of the 1980s with Demons, a frenzied slice of gore heavy shock cinema that gives up on logic and instead assaults the screen with a riot of X-Rated violence, face chewing Zombies and pounding Heavy Metal.

In a mysterious cinema, an audience are watching a brutal horror flick when the horror rips out of the screen, unleashing a swarm of slathering Demons who are intent on spreading their evil plague across the globe.

Time to tool up and take no prisoners... The Demons are coming!

THIS AMAZING EDITION INCLUDES:
- Four option reversible sleeve with original poster and video artwork with additional fifth artwork panel featuring all-new Jeff Zornow artwork
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Collector’s Booklet featuring brand new writing on Demons by Calum Waddell
- Collector’s Comic: ‘Demons 3’ Part 1 of 2! Not 'The Ogre'. Not 'The Church'. Not even 'Black Demons'! For the first time ever, Arrow Video presents an original sequel to the cult classics.
BLU-RAY CONTAINS
- Remastered from a brand new HD restoration of the film
- Optional English and Italian audio
- Optional English subtitles for Italian and English (SDH) audio
SPECIAL FEATURES:
- The audio recollections of director Lamberto Bava, Special Make-Up Creations Artist Sergio Stivaletti and Journalist Loris Curci
- The audio recollections of the cast and crew, a brand new commentary [2011]
- Dario’s Demon Days: Producer Dario Argento discusses the inception of Demons
- Defining an Era in Music: Composer Claudio Simonetti on the Demons Soundtrack
- Luigi Cozzi’s Top Italian Terrors: Cozzi discusses the highpoints of Spaghetti Splatter
- Original trailer

Directed by Lamberto Bava
Starring Urbano Barberini, Natasha Hovey, Karl Zinny

Restored from the original camera negative by Cineteca di Bologna
Original Aspect Ratio- 1.66:1 (16x9)
Region- ABC
Blu-ray RRP £27.99
Released 02/04/12
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #14
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Can anyone CONFIRM whether or not the extras will be playable on region A machines (I have a PS3)? I emailed Arrow but have not heard back from them :-(

Saw Demons on the big screen in 35mm a few months ago and was blown away. I am hoping Arrow knocks the transfer out of the park!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #15

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
Can anyone CONFIRM whether or not the extras will be playable on region A machines (I have a PS3)? I emailed Arrow but have not heard back from them :-(
Yes. Arrow usually encodes all bonus material at 1080p. Even when they mess it up and encode it at 1080/50i, they fix it with future pressings (i.e. Tenebrae and The Funhouse).
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdarlington View Post
Yes. Arrow usually encodes all bonus material at 1080p. Even when they mess it up and encode it at 1080/50i, they fix it with future pressings (i.e. Tenebrae and The Funhouse).
I want to believe that, but I have read that extras on Inferno and City of the Living Dead do not play on Playstation 3 in the US.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #17

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
I want to believe that, but I have read that extras on Inferno and City of the Living Dead do not play on Playstation 3 in the US.
Inferno's bonus material, on the Blu-ray portion, are 1080p. The bonus materials on disc two, which happens to be on a (region free) DVD, are unfortunately encoded for PAL (very similar to Arrow's release of Battle Royale). However, Arrow encoded City Of The Living Dead's bonus material at 1080/50i, which also will not work on a PS3. IIRC, Arrow never fixed that issue.

A lot of customers flipped out due to the release of City Of The Living Dead as many were importing their titles into the US and most Blu-ray players sold here don't support 1080/50i. Arrow vowed that all future releases would have their bonus material encoded in 1080p. When Tenebrae and The Funhouse were released, an error during the production process caused all the bonus material to be encoded at 1080/50i rather than at 1080p. Arrow fixed that issue with future pressings as it also happened to correspond with the 2011 England riots that destroyed all of Arrow's existing inventory.

However, I can tell you as it's sitting on my shelf, I own a corrected copy of Tenebrae that plays all of the bonus material just fine on my PS3.

Also, I'd pick up an Insignia Blu-ray player and follow the instructions on this very forum to set the firmware back to make it become Region Free. I picked mine up for $79 over a year ago and it has no problem playing PAL or 1080/50i content. I keep my PS3 connected to my home theater in the living room and I use my Insignia in my bedroom.

Last edited by dickdarlington; 02-16-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdarlington View Post
Inferno's bonus material, on the Blu-ray portion, are 1080p. The bonus materials on disc two, which happens to be on a (region free) DVD, are unfortunately encoded for PAL (very similar to Arrow's release of Battle Royale). However, Arrow encoded City Of The Living Dead's bonus material at 1080/50i, which also will not work on a PS3. IIRC, Arrow never fixed that issue.

A lot of customers flipped out due to the release of City Of The Living Dead as many were importing their titles into the US and most Blu-ray players sold here don't support 1080/50i. Arrow vowed that all future releases would have their bonus material encoded in 1080p. When Tenebrae and The Funhouse were released, an error during the production process caused all the bonus material to be encoded at 1080/50i rather than at 1080p. Arrow fixed that issue with future pressings as it also happened to correspond with the 2011 England riots that destroyed all of Arrow's existing inventory.

However, I can tell you as it's sitting on my shelf, I own a corrected copy of Tenebrae that plays all of the bonus material just fine on my PS3.

Also, I'd pick up an Insignia Blu-ray player and follow the instructions on this very forum to set the firmware back to make it become Region Free. I picked mine up for $79 over a year ago and it has no problem playing PAL or 1080/50i content. I keep my PS3 connected to my home theater in the living room and I use my Insignia in my bedroom.
Thank you very much for clearing that up. I had heard so many different things and was not exactly clear on what was what.

There are so many Blus from overseas that I can't play I just may invest in the Insignia player in the near future.

Can't wait for Demons and Demons 2 in high def!
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #19

Jul 2011

Arrow posted a poll on their website about making a Demons tshirt. Wonder if anything will come of that, I'd probably stump up the cash for a blu-ray/tshirt combo.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #20

Oct 2010
Worthing, UK

Just to let you all know it's been confirmed by Arrow that Demons and Demons 2 will be Region B Locked releases, bad news for many I guess
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland