Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$91.03
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$20.60
Juan of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Old 02-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2007
USA
-
-
Default George Lucas is mocking us.... Again.

Remember the photo of George wearing that "Han Shot First" t-shirt? There's no doubt he was mocking the OT fans who hated the changes that he made with the special editions.

Well, it looks like he's at it again. Check out this shirt: http://www.80stees.com/products/Nooo...ader-Shirt.asp
You better believe that shirt is officially licensed. George is trying to profit off of your hatred of him. In a way I kind of admire him for this. He's like the ultimate troll.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

make up your mind george!!
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"

Last edited by Blu-Benny; 02-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

I've never seen him wearing the Han Shot First shirt before. That's classic. It cracks me up.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Good lord, lighten up folks. While I'm not a fan of Han shooting first(I thought it took away his redemption by the end of ROTJ), I'm loving that shirt. I'd wear that and the "Nooo!!" shirt
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Let's see if the fans who hate him stay home next weekend when the 3D cash grab begins.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

What are you talking about? What scene?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
What are you talking about? What scene?
are you serious??

Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

The real crime in that video, is that the uploader said the prequels were awesome in one of the annotations.
Hates:
3D
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

Ehm, I dont pay that much attention to bad movies.
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
I've gone into outer space to destroy another race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Let's see if the fans who hate him stay home next weekend when the 3D cash grab begins.
I'm a fan, I don't hate him (I despise some of the changes he made, but I don't hate him) and I still won't go watch TPM next weekend. Although I'm really not a fan of TPM or AOtC.

By the way, I think that shirt is great (Iv'e seen it before) and I think it is hillarious that he is actually wearing it.
"If your apartment is hit by a dolphin, don't go outside to see if the dolphin is okay. That is how the hurricane tricks you into coming outside."

I'm feeling Megatronic. Give me a colonic.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

I would wear it, I think it's cool. I actually own the Han shot first plus I also have shirt with Han on it saying You're damn right I shoot first.. I think people need to stop at being offended with everything they see, it's getting ridiculous, being all PC is so 1990's
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 02-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
Ehm, I dont pay that much attention to bad movies.
i sure hope u're not talking about star wars!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Good lord, lighten up folks. While I'm not a fan of Han shooting first(I thought it took away his redemption by the end of ROTJ), I'm loving that shirt. I'd wear that and the "Nooo!!" shirt
But is that a Revenge of the Sith "Noooo!", or a Blu-ray Return of the Jedi "Noooo!"? It's so hard to keep the fan-whines straight.

(And it's not "mocking" so much as that contemptuous mix of pretending you're "going along" with your mass-consensus fan whines to be One of the Gang, like the times he makes unspontaneous Holiday Special jokes, in the hopes we'll all forgive him for kidding us about it like good manly fellows--Remember Michael Bay daring us $10,000 to find the Ghetto-bots in Transformers 3?
It's the sort of literal, if disgruntled, "If you can't beat 'em, cash in on 'em. ")
Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

If only the fans had as great a sense of humor as George. They're movies folks, chill out.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
It's not that hard to stay away; this is TPM we're talking about here.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
(And it's not "mocking" so much as that contemptuous mix of pretending you're "going along" with your mass-consensus fan whines to be One of the Gang, like the times he makes unspontaneous Holiday Special jokes, in the hopes we'll all forgive him for kidding us about it like good manly fellows--Remember Michael Bay daring us $10,000 to find the Ghetto-bots in Transformers 3?

It's the sort of literal, if disgruntled, "If you can't beat 'em, cash in on 'em. ")
I'm surprised that more fans haven't picked up on this. There is an emotional and behavioural contempt in his actions and statements, and I believe it's calculated, i.e. he says and does just enough to incur the ire from fans, but it's translucent, so he doesn't spurn them or their dollars outright. It's almost akin to a Sith Lord exercising a Jedi mind trick.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Under your bed

Whenever I see or hear people complaining about something from Star Wars I automatically think of this:

And i'm sure George thinks the same aswell. Thus the said mocking of you.
My Blu rays for sale Thread I forgive. But I never forget.
The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Special Member

Sep 2010
Minnesota

Is this real? No really? Photoshop trickery here?

If it is real... wow...

Yeah I embrace my inner nerd.
JVC DLA-RS20U D-ILA Projector || Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-ray player || Dishnetwork DTVpal DVR || Onkyo PR-SC5508 AV Controller || Mackie HR824 MKII (LCR) , HR624 MKII (rears)
Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Haha, I would wear that shirt! Go George! I am finding it enjoyable that he is milking people that hate his changes
Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

You know, for all things you could ever say about George Lucas, the man has a great sense of humor. He enjoys it when people poke fun at him and Star Wars. I don't see the wearing of this shirt as much more than that.
Tru Blu

Thank you, Blu-ray.com for the Schindler's List Giveaway!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities