COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Step Up All In (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Terror Train (Blu-ray)
$12.49
The Wicker Man (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #1

Jun 2009
Default connecting blu ray player to bose system

Quick question, i currently own a bose lifestyle 18 series II theater system. im wanting to connect a blu ray player to take advantage of the bose sound. is it possible? if so, what do I need to do to accomplish this. Please no bashing as to "i should have bought a different system". I already have owned it for a while so lets just stick to the question. thank you everybody for your advice and input.....
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #2

Oct 2008
Default Connect to back Optical Input

This URL is for forum fellows' reference:
http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/...e_18/page.html

Your Blu-Ray player should at least have an optical output besides HDMI. Connect the optical output to Bose optical input. Set up your blu-ray player that the sound goes to optical output according to the blu-ray player manual.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechandesign View Post
Quick question, i currently own a bose lifestyle 18 series II theater system. im wanting to connect a blu ray player totake advantage of the bose sound. is it possible? if so, what do I need to do to accomplish this. Please no bashing as to "i should have bought a different system". I already have owned it for a while so lets just stick to the question. thank you everybody for your advice and input.....

Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Looking at Page 16 of the Installation Guide for this unit, I noticed that you have an optical input. You should connect the optical output of your blu-ray player to this input via toslink optical cable. Hope this helps; if not, send me a PM and I'll try to explain better.
The Alamo, Black Rain (Jp), Far from the Madding Crowd, Gray Lady Down, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Interrupted Melody, Lust for Life, Mississippi Burning, Moby Dick (Gregory Peck), The Other Sister, Ryan's Daughter, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Sink the Bismarck, Swing Kids, Testament, Them, They Died With Their Boots On, The Thing from Another World, War of the Worlds (Orig.) & When Worlds Collide
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #5

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
Be nice Almadacr

My question for anyone that might know. Will the Bose system output to the speakers like it would say to a sound system like we all have, Separate receiver that reads the codecs with say a 5.1 speaker setup ?
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #6

Jul 2010

The BOSE sound system would be an upgrade if he was using the speakers in a 19" flat panel computer monitor.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Poindexter View Post
The BOSE sound system would be an upgrade if he was using the speakers in a 19" flat panel computer monitor.
Very nicely put.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechandesign View Post
Quick question, i currently own a bose lifestyle 18 series II theater system. im wanting to connect a blu ray player to take advantage of the bose sound. is it possible? if so, what do I need to do to accomplish this. Please no bashing as to "i should have bought a different system". I already have owned it for a while so lets just stick to the question. thank you everybody for your advice and input.....
Does this system support HDMI?
Quote:
Yes. The VS2 video enhancer integrates other video sources—including HDMI—with your system and enables the synchronization of audio and video at the push of a button. The VS-2 video enhancer is included with the Lifestyle® 48, 38 and 35 systems, but is compatible with all Lifestyle systems
Quote:
Simplay HD™ testing assures HDMI compatibility. Some devices featuring HDMI may not
work well with others. Many manufacturers submit HDMI devices to Simplay, an independent
certifying organization, which conducts tests to assure the compatibility of the electronics
products with HDMI. All certified devices carry the Simplay HD label. Bose has submitted this
Lifestyle® product to Simplay, which has verified consistent performance between this and all
HDMI-enabled devices. This Lifestyle® product has met the standards necessary to bear the
Simplay HD label.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #9

May 2011
St. Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
This URL is for forum fellows' reference:
http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/...e_18/page.html

Your Blu-Ray player should at least have an optical output besides HDMI. Connect the optical output to Bose optical input. Set up your blu-ray player that the sound goes to optical output according to the blu-ray player manual.
Please let us know if Cooley's solution did the trick. If not, could you tell us what Blu-ray player you're using?
‎"Since you are about to die anyway, I may as well tell you the entire plot."
-Benedict, Last Action Hero
Old 02-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Be nice Almadacr

My question for anyone that might know. Will the Bose system output to the speakers like it would say to a sound system like we all have, Separate receiver that reads the codecs with say a 5.1 speaker setup ?
I am . i am but the OP should re-frase that part ppl will have a chuckle by reading that .

But answering your question yes you can do that since in the back of the speaker it's like a clip connector like a lot of the cheaper speakers that we know today and it uses a 20AWG wire with a RCA connector that plugs on the sub , basically it looks like a connection on a 100$ Logitech 5.1 system , so yes they can be plugged on a normal receiver minus the sub , but don't plug it on yours ... you might blow the drivers on the speakers .

Now we have a Bose store here in Montreal and i went to check it out and have some fun with the sales guy's . They were selling the Lifstyle V-35 for $3000 . I asked one guy how many Ohms the speakers were rated and the guy diden't knew what the hell i was talking about but he showed me how cool the remote was since it glows in the dark
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion