Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$91.03
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$20.60
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
Juan of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 08-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #1

Aug 2014
Default No One buy the new transformers unitil 3d release!!!

I have a vizio 55 inch 1080p led 3d smart tv I bought in 2011
Also just bought a sony xbr x900a 65inch 3d 4k uhdTV this year, I also bought the fmp-x10

We neef more content to support these expensive tv's we bought. 3d is really popular in theaters and 3d tech as far home TV's is too new to give up on or to start limiting content.

If there was a theater that released a movie in 3d (transformers) then there should be a home release of what we saw in theaters.

What if people bought 3d 4k tv's and 3d smart Tv's based of seeing transfotmers 4 3d and anticipated a blue-ray 3d version?
If your not going to release a home version in 3d then dont release a 3d version in theaters. We also need a 4k version of this for all who shelled out 3-4 grand for uhd tv's.

If we come together we can send a message, we dictate what the trends are but sometimes corporate does things for a money grab at our expense.

So im asking all 3d tv and 4k uhd tv owners to cone together and not support transformers: age of extinction until a 3d blue ray release, if they dont release a 3d blue ray then dont buy it. We can send a message if we stand together and not give them our money.

Even if only 20,000 of us do this thats 20,000x 24$ blue ray disc=thats almost a half million loss in sales, I bet it only cost a fraction of that to make a 3d conversion probably less then 100k

If we dont stop this now you might see no home 3d versions of gardians of the galxy, hercules, maybe edge of tomarrow which were really incredible in 3d

Last edited by ultraflexed; 08-11-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #2

May 2009
London, UK

Or just buy the UK 3D version?

Transformers: Age of Extinction [Blu-ray 3D] [Region Free]
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA8HB8K
Old 08-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
London, UK

Stick it to The Man !
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
So im asking all 3d tv and 4k uhd tv owners to cone together and not support transformers: age of extinction until a 3d blue ray release, if they dont release a 3d blue ray then dont buy it. We can send a message if we stand together and not give them our money.
You don't even have to ask me. I only buy what I want when it's released. After YEARS of having this hobby, I have learned that if the studios don't release what I want at an affordable price, I don't buy it. Period. If studios don't want to give us 3D BDs here in the US when they do so in other parts of the world, then I have two options: Buy Region Free from out of the country (usually more expensive and I've only done it once with Frozen 3D) or not buy at all. I don't consider 3D streaming, renting or even downloading to own an option. Those are much inferior products to an actual 3D BD.

I also didn't allow the 3D hardware manufacture exclusives to keep me from owning those BDs (I won't get into how I became an owner of those titles.) But, they eventually were released and I eventually purchased every single one of them.

In summary, I have been doing what you suggest since 3D BDs came out.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

Sorry OP, but it's taking a lot of effort on my part to suppress the grammar Nazi within... (why is there an "e" at the end of the Blu in Blu-Ray?!)

Quote:
If we come together we can send a message, we dictate what the trends are but sometimes corporate does things for a money grab at our expense.
They'll do that regardless of what we as consumers do. The last three Transformers have already had an ungodly number of releases (and #3 even had a 3D release, in the form of a "Limited Edition"). Chances are that if we wait, a 3D release for Age of Extinction could still happen.

I'm personally doubtful that any boycotting will have an impact, especially with a title like this that could potentially sell really well (even despite critical acclaim). But, hey, there's no harm in trying.

Quote:
Even if only 20,000 of us do this thats 20,000x 24$ blue ray disc=thats almost a half million loss in sales, I bet it only cost a fraction of that to make a 3d conversion probably less then 100k
I'm not sure how it works for authoring 3D releases specifically; I've always heard that all optical discs cost very little to print, but I'm not sure what other associated costs are involved (such as licensing, distribution, marketing, etc). I'm sure some corporate decisions are made depending on what they perceive the video marketing trends are (and right now, 3D is not as widely adopted among consumers, so 3D may not be getting as much attention as we'd like, unfortunately).

Regardless, I'm pretty sure it'd take more than 20,000 to affect sales. I wouldn't be surprised if this sells in the millions, given the number of fans Transformers has, and I'm sure a good chunk of them will buy this regardless of critical acclaim or release quality (I wonder how many of them will be blind-buys). Boycott the film in the hundreds of thousands, then we might see results.

Quote:
If we dont stop this now you might see no home 3d versions of gardians of the galxy, hercules, maybe edge of tomarrow which were really incredible in 3d
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on there slick. Who said these other movies aren't getting 3D releases? I'll bet GOTG will get a 3D release promptly, because most Marvel movies have been getting 3D releases; everything else comes from all different studios, so boycotting Transformers may not really affect any of these other ones. It makes as much sense as boycotting iPods to affect Microsoft or something.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:18 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

They may delay the 3D version (as they did in the last Transformers blu release) but I still expect them to release a 3D version.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
They may delay the 3D version (as they did in the last Transformers blu release) but I still expect them to release a 3D version.
I agree with this, say what you will about Mr Bay, but he does seem to care about the quality of his films for home releases. Not to the extent that James Cameron is, but he still seems to care (see his comments on transofrmers 1 only getting released on hddvd at first).
Old 08-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #8
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Default hmmm.

Why couldnt this go in the TRANSFORMERS thread?

Also, just an idea...spellcheck.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I buy UK 3D blue ray on release, i like, is good.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I buy UK 3D blue ray on release, i like, is good.
lol....
My mancave:

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 08-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
Or just buy the UK 3D version?

Transformers: Age of Extinction [Blu-ray 3D] [Region Free]
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA8HB8K
If for some reason Paramount decides to delay or not release a 3D blu version stateside...I'm so all over the UK version. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.
My mancave:

Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

I understand the reasoning behind creating this thread, in that we own a 3DTV and want our favorite 3D movies to also be offered in 3D on blu ray 3D. When it doesn't happen and our movie gets skipped over, it's disappointing. But there is hope. As others have recommended, we could always send emails requesting the company reconsider their decision and hope for results, or check the world market and import it as a last resort, which I had to do with some movies that never made it to the US for what ever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
Good point. The prior Transformers 3D blu rays released so there is still a chance we'll get this new movie on blu ray 3D also, considering it made a lot of box office dollars (though a big percent of that goes to the theaters, it's still very good).

I didn't see this one yet, but heard the 3D was very good/medium to strong 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies