Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
El Baz El Baz is online now
Expert Member
 
El Baz's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
733
87
1
4
Default SDM: Recent (January) blu-ray releases $14.99 each

I was at SDM today loading up my cart for 20x points when I noticed a movie display of recent (January) blu-ray releases.
I was surprised to see these titles already at such a low price considering they are still over $25 in other stores.

Killer Elite
50/50
Shark Night
Dream House

They were all tagged at $14.99 each. I bought Shark Night and it's the blu-ray/dvd combo.
I believe it was the same for the other 3.

Plus today being 20x, you buy a few of these and you will get your bonus
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
andy5463 andy5463 is offline
Expert Member
 
andy5463's Avatar
 
May 2009
850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post
I was at SDM today loading up my cart for 20x points when I noticed a movie display of recent (January) blu-ray releases.
I was surprised to see these titles already at such a low price considering they are still over $25 in other stores.

Killer Elite
50/50
Shark Night
Dream House

They were all tagged at $14.99 each. I bought Shark Night and it's the blu-ray/dvd combo.
I believe it was the same for the other 3.

Plus today being 20x, you buy a few of these and you will get your bonus
Nice, I might have to pick up 50/50 for that price. Too bad they don't seem to be listed in the flyer or online, there would have been some nice PM opportunities.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
sharanium sharanium is online now
Special Member
 
sharanium's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Canada
10
757
28
104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post
I was at SDM today loading up my cart for 20x points when I noticed a movie display of recent (January) blu-ray releases.
I was surprised to see these titles already at such a low price considering they are still over $25 in other stores.

Killer Elite
50/50
Shark Night
Dream House

They were all tagged at $14.99 each. I bought Shark Night and it's the blu-ray/dvd combo.
I believe it was the same for the other 3.

Plus today being 20x, you buy a few of these and you will get your bonus
Thanks for the heads up, will check if any of my local SDM's have Dream House.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1189
138
12
Default

got dream house at the downtown london sdm. they had couple copies left. they all had slipcovers with them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
Rhylliam Rhylliam is offline
Contributor
 
Rhylliam's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
11
1490
804
44
81
Canada

None yet at the Polo Park store..
2051 DVDs,
1296 Blu-rays,
166 HD DVDs,
38 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
Big_White Big_White is offline
Active Member
 
Big_White's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
2934
313
68
Default

I picked up Shark Night, Dream House, Killer Elite and 50/50. They all had the $14.99 price tag, however 50/50 scanned at $9.99. I'm happy.

Thank you, El Baz.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #7
Trifid Trifid is offline
Special Member
 
Trifid's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Gallifrey/Earth/?
5
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_White View Post
I picked up Shark Night, Dream House, Killer Elite and 50/50. They all had the $14.99 price tag, however 50/50 scanned at $9.99. I'm happy.

Thank you, El Baz.
awesome!
-> My Home Theater <-
TV: Samsung UN60F6300 60"
BD Player: Sony BDP-S360
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1019-AHK
Media Player: WDTV Live Plus
PVR: Rogers Nextbox 3.0
Remote: Harmony One remote
Game Consoles: XBox 360 250GB with Kinect, Wii U Deluxe, Wii
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
El Baz El Baz is online now
Expert Member
 
El Baz's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
733
87
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_White View Post
I picked up Shark Night, Dream House, Killer Elite and 50/50. They all had the $14.99 price tag, however 50/50 scanned at $9.99. I'm happy.
Argh! Had I known it was only $10, I would have grabbed it.
Blind buy for me but for $10 and great rating on blu-ray.com.

Maybe I will go back tomorrow and snag it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #9
rana09 rana09 is online now
Special Member
 
rana09's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Hamilton, Canada
2070
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_White View Post
I picked up Shark Night, Dream House, Killer Elite and 50/50. They all had the $14.99 price tag, however 50/50 scanned at $9.99. I'm happy.

Thank you, El Baz.
is it scanning $9.99 for everyone or did it only happened at the store BIG_WHITE went to?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #10
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
18
Default

They are all scanning at $9.99. I went to two locations and both of them scan in at that price.

The others all scan in at $14.99.

Picked up 50/50 and KILLER ELITE. With the 20x points, it is effectively 20% off as well, so that drives the price of 50/50 down to $7.99.

Blind buy for me, but with the high ratings and the $7.99 price, it's pretty good gamble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
rana09 rana09 is online now
Special Member
 
rana09's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Hamilton, Canada
2070
1
2
Default

also i just noticed on the flyer it says MARCH 1 senior's day (save 20%)..

so im guessing its better to wait until THURSDAY to pick all these blurays with 20% OFF? not really sure how senior's day sale work..

i mean do i really need to bring my grandma to SDM on Thursday to save 20% lol

Last edited by rana09; 02-26-2012 at 06:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Steel Panther Steel Panther is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Steel Panther's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada
735
18
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana09 View Post
also i just noticed on the flyer it says MARCH 1 senior's day (save 20%)..

so im guessing its better to wait until THURSDAY to pick all these blurays with 20% OFF? not really sure how senior's day sale work..

i mean do i really need to bring my grandma to SDM on Thursday to save 20% lol
dude... if you drag your grandmother out to save 20% .....
TV: LG42LM6200 3DTV / Panasonic Viera TC-P50UT50
Blu Ray Player: Seiki BD 660 / Sony BDP-S590
HTPC: Running Ubuntu w/ XBMC
Consoles: Wii / Xbox 360

I'm Ron Burgundy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #13
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
18
Default

If you're from Hamilton, you can have your pick of seniors...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
rana09 rana09 is online now
Special Member
 
rana09's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Hamilton, Canada
2070
1
2
Default

went to SDM at 8 a.m and picked up

*KILLER ELITE 14.99
*SHARK NIGHT 14.99
*50/50 (last copy) 9.99
*DREAM HOUSE 14.9
9

grand total was $62.10 (not bad) it averages out $15 a movie after taxes, thanks "El Baz"

Last edited by rana09; 02-26-2012 at 10:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
andy5463 andy5463 is offline
Expert Member
 
andy5463's Avatar
 
May 2009
850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
They are all scanning at $9.99. I went to two locations and both of them scan in at that price.

The others all scan in at $14.99.

Picked up 50/50 and KILLER ELITE. With the 20x points, it is effectively 20% off as well, so that drives the price of 50/50 down to $7.99.

Blind buy for me, but with the high ratings and the $7.99 price, it's pretty good gamble.
I think it is a mild price error for 50/50. I picked up a copy for myself and noticed that all 4 movies were 9.99 for DVD and 14.99 for blu-ray. However there were no DVD copies of 50/50 left when I went. I think they screwed up the attached the wrong price to the blu-ray upc
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
wingsfan1340 wingsfan1340 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2009
Default

Picked up Killer Elite ($14.99) and 50/50 ($9.99) in St.Catharines. Thanks OP
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #17
Corey31 Corey31 is online now
Expert Member
 
Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada
390
2
Default

Hoping they still have 50/50 for $9.99 tomorrow, will definitely be making a stop
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
Rhylliam Rhylliam is offline
Contributor
 
Rhylliam's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
11
1490
804
44
81
Canada

Ah dammit, I hit 3 more SDM stores today in Winnipeg, & nothing!
2051 DVDs,
1296 Blu-rays,
166 HD DVDs,
38 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #19
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
Ah dammit, I hit 3 more SDM stores today in Winnipeg, & nothing!
If you have an RCSS nearby, they have the same deal (though I don't know about the $9.99 50/50).

Each SDM I went to had exactly four copies of each movie in each format -- just enough to fill the display.

I only went with two of the four. If you missed out, I wouldn't worry because I have a feeling they will be going down even more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
El Baz El Baz is online now
Expert Member
 
El Baz's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
733
87
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
If you have an RCSS nearby, they have the same deal (though I don't know about the $9.99 50/50).

Each SDM I went to had exactly four copies of each movie in each format -- just enough to fill the display.

I only went with two of the four. If you missed out, I wouldn't worry because I have a feeling they will be going down even more.
For sure this is probably the first wave of price reductions for these titles.
I'm sure we'll see them at $15 on the Walmart display (Easter?) soon enough.
It was just surprising that SDM was the first and of course, the added bonus was the 20x points on Saturday.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.