Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #1

Sep 2009
Default Best place to sell used Blu-rays...

So I have about 15 used blu-rays that I'd like to sell quickly. I've tried starting a thread in the trading forum here, but I haven't had a lot of luck. Do you guys have any advice on where I could sell all these blu-rays at once for the best price? They are all in mint condition and have only been watched once. Would you try eBay? Or maybe a local used CD store (I have CD Tradeposts near me)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimbored View Post
So I have about 15 used blu-rays that I'd like to sell quickly. I've tried starting a thread in the trading forum here, but I haven't had a lot of luck. Do you guys have any advice on where I could sell all these blu-rays at once for the best price? They are all in mint condition and have only been watched once. Would you try eBay? Or maybe a local used CD store (I have CD Tradeposts near me)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Honestly, here probably is the best place since you don't have to pay any kind of sellers fees like on ebay, and anywhere local that takes in movie trade-ins usually give crap for cash (they usually give higher value for store credit instead).

Just have patience in the selling thread, unless the stuff you are looking to sell is either very common or too highly priced, I'm sure you will sell them.

PS: What are you looking to sell?
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

it' been my experience that you tend to get more for blu's on here than you do on ebay.

just have to find the right price to get people to bite.
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Craiglist would be good if you want to unload all of them at once.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.

I've had great experiences here, probably because 98% of the people on this site are serious about their blu.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #6

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
I've had great experiences here, probably because 98% of the people on this site are serious about their blu.
i would also think the disc's would be in better shape comming from someone here.

you should change your bluray's from owned to for sale on your list so others can see what you are selling.

Last edited by zx_6r; 03-11-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

I also agree with the other members, the forums are a great place to sell your unwanted blu's. Just price them competitively and give it some time, they should sell. Also in my opinion, eBay has to many fees and rules lol.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->88 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->264

I prefer eBay, but that's just me. I have found that a fair number of members on the trading forum want something for nothing.

Last edited by HD Goofnut; 03-11-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

you can post them here at the trading forum
Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I prefer eBay, but that's just me. I have found that fair number of members on the trading forum want something for nothing.
I totally 100% agree with this statement. Watch out for the lowballlers. They usually want 3 blu's for $6 and free shipping lol.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #11
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240C View Post
I totally 100% agree with this statement. Watch out for the lowballlers. They usually want 3 blu's for $6 and free shipping lol.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #12
Special Member

Jan 2011
North Carolina

Always had good luck on Ebay myself and can get usually at least 50% back on the original cost and usually more, even with Ebay's and Paypal's cut off the top. I've been selling DVD's, PC parts etc. on Ebay for 12 years. I also like getting my money up front and then mailing the item. If you go the Ebay route, you'll normally make more money selling item's individually rather than in a lot. Selling individually will mean wrappping up 15 Blu's seperately and many trips to the post office, depeding on how you choose to ship. When I converted to Blu I sold most of my DVD's in a lot, and sold the ones I knew were worth more such as boxed sets and Out-of-Prints individually. Good luck which ever way you go ...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #13

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I prefer eBay, but that's just me. I have found that a fair number of members on the trading forum want something for nothing.
Agreed. Plus a lot of time answering stupid questions with no follow-through. With eBay either it's a sale or it isn't. Done.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Honestly, here probably is the best place since you don't have to pay any kind of sellers fees like on ebay, and anywhere local that takes in movie trade-ins usually give crap for cash (they usually give higher value for store credit instead).

Just have patience in the selling thread, unless the stuff you are looking to sell is either very common or too highly priced, I'm sure you will sell them.

PS: What are you looking to sell?
Despite fees, ebay is probably still the best place for quick sales. Especially if you are starting your auctions at $1.00 and just accepting the market values, you might get what you imagined for all titles, but your auctions will all close with a winner at least.

I tried starting a thread and got almost no replies in a whole week (and the one inquiry I did get, was for a trade that wasn't really going to be an even deal for me).

I pretty much got the prices I wanted on ebay, and was able to set the auctions to all end on the same day. Which meant only one trip to the post office. Even if I had been lucky to get people on here to buy my items, I doubt I would have been able to time them to only have to make 1 trip to the post office.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #15

Sep 2009

Thanks for all the advice guys. Here is my for sale thread in case anybody is interested here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=191029. I thought that I had competitive pricing, but usually the only responses I get are for one-sided trades. Please PM me if you guys are interested in anything, otherwise I might go the eBay route as suggested.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
PA

ebay sucks ass. Amazon Marketplace is the best. Anything you list for a dollar cheaper than anyone else will sell overnight.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240C View Post
I don't understand.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Half.com is better than Amazon as far as the commission fees is concern, because Half.com commission fees are cheaper, but Amazon attracts more business.

Last edited by slimdude; 03-11-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Avoid the Movie Trading Company retailer like crazy; their trade-in program seriously rips people off.
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Half.com is better than Amazon as far as the commission fees is concern, because Half.com commission fees are cheaper, but Amazon attracts more business.
agreed, half.com is usually much faster selling, and much better in terms of fees.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping