COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Spy Game / State of Play (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Blu-ray)
$18.79
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
WWE: Ladies And Gentleman My Name Is Paul Heyman (Blu-ray)
$17.29

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #21

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

I'll double dip for Kubrick, but I really hope they add some of the making of footage shot by his daughter as a bonus. There was a few minutes seen in the documentary 'Kubrick's Boxes', and there are apparently lots of reels sitting there collecting dust.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I'd rebuy it in a heartbeat for a proper 'making of' that uses Vivian Kubrick's footage. If it's just a repackage in Digibook packaging then Warners can go **** themselves.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #23

Jan 2008

It'll be the same as Clockwork's Orange's re-release. It'll be a blu-ray book with the same audio and video as the previous release with 1 or two more extras. ZZZZZZZZZZ......
Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #24

Oct 2008
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonski View Post
I imagine so, look what happened with the Unforgiven 20th Anniversary book, they couldn't even be bothered fixing the lossy audio.
And Goodfellas.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

I try not to criticize WB too much. At least they still release catalog titles.
Welcome to blu-ray.com, where slipcovers are more important than Blu-rays.
MY HDNA
LG 55" 1080p LED 55LN5700
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony STR-DG820
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 System
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

I'm pretty much caught up with Kubrick since I have the Limited Edition set and Paths/Killing Criterion. All I really need are Criterion releases for Spartacus and Fear and Desire and I'll be happy.
DVD Aficionado - quickdraw_ltd's DVD Collection

Bedroom Theater
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E3 42-Inch
Sony PlayStation 3 160GB
VIZIO VSB200
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
I try not to criticize WB too much. At least they still release catalog titles.
This. And they're consistent in their restortation work on older classics. I just wish they wouldn't just tender to the likes of Casablanca all the time; I'd love me some House of Wax on Blu and from what I gather, they also own the original Thing from Another World.
DVD Aficionado - quickdraw_ltd's DVD Collection

Bedroom Theater
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E3 42-Inch
Sony PlayStation 3 160GB
VIZIO VSB200
Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

they should call it the "ME SO HORNY EDITION"!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #29
Power Member

May 2011

It almost certainly won't be a new transfer.. The best we can hope for is what they did with the A Clockwork Orange 40th Anniversary: A new disc/package design and a couple of new extra features.. And since they called this an anniversary edition, there's no doubt that they'll include SOMETHING extra. Hopefully, that something isn't as useless as what they included with the Goodfellas "anniversary edition". EDIT: Damn, I forgot that the Unforgiven is also an anniversary edition and they didn't include anything new whatsoever.

A nice quality transfer of the Vivian Kubrick documentary plus a new HD retrospect featurette and it will be worthy of a re-release.

Last edited by I KEEL YOU; 03-14-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #30
Expert Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Q View Post
I'm pretty much caught up with Kubrick since I have the Limited Edition set and Paths/Killing Criterion. All I really need are Criterion releases for Spartacus and Fear and Desire and I'll be happy.
Fear and Desire is a SUPER long shot. It's on youtube already. I caught a screening of it in LA about a year and a half ago and it was basically film student quality and offers little to glean in terms of Kubrick-ness. In fact, it's so weak you just kind of wonder how he turned into The Killing's filmmaker in such a short time.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #31

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

The documentary was never edited, so they'll have to go through some 18 hours or so to do this. It's possible to get some of it anyway, so I'll hope.

A Clockwork Orange Anniversary edition did at least add the Kubrick A Life in Pictures doc, although I'm disappointed the didn't use the newer restoration transfer.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #32
Power Member

Oct 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjmichael View Post
Assuming it's the exact same disc, releasing a movie that retails for like $5 now for $25 doesn't seem that stupid to me. Seems pretty smart actually considering they'll no doubt reel in new buyers with this release, and perhaps some who are willing to double dip.
Not pretty smart, but rather pretty greedy. BIG SAD DIFFERENCE THERE.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #33
Banned

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
Not pretty smart, but rather pretty greedy. BIG SAD DIFFERENCE THERE.
You do realize being Smart and being greedy aren't mutual exclusives right. We already have at least 2 people here who said they're going to double-dip. Last I heard, more $$$$ = Smart business, and they're surely to make more off of FMJ than having just a cheapo edition around.

Oh and for the whiners, I must have missed the gun that Warner has to your head forcing you to buy this, or re-buy it. If you don't want this, get the $5 one. If you own the $5 one, then who gives a **** if you're not re-buying this one?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #34
Power Member

Oct 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjmichael View Post
You do realize being Smart and being greedy aren't mutual exclusives right. We already have at least 2 people here who said they're going to double-dip. Last I heard, more $$$$ = Smart business, and they're surely to make more off of FMJ than having just a cheapo edition around.

Oh and for the whiners, I must have missed the gun that Warner has to your head forcing you to buy this, or re-buy it. If you don't want this, get the $5 one. If you own the $5 one, then who gives a **** if you're not re-buying this one?
Spare me your sermon...............
Old 03-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
Special Member

Jul 2009
Minnesota, USA

Third release of this movie? I'll have to check out the packaging/whether there's any new features/extras... this is one of my all-time favorite movies.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #36
Banned

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
Spare me your sermon...............
I'm sorry that my common sense was too much for you. Let's just fill this thread with people saying the same shit in different ways.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #37
Special Member

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzfan View Post
It'll be the same as Clockwork's Orange's re-release. It'll be a blu-ray book with the same audio and video as the previous release with 1 or two more extras. ZZZZZZZZZZ......
Not quite. The re-release of Clockwork had a number of new features plus Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures. And if we want to get technical, the audio wasn't the same. The codec was changed to DTS-HD MA instead of PCM. That's not simply a repackaged item.
Equipment:
RCA 39" LED 39B45RQ 1080P
PS3 80 GB
SONY 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM STR-K660P
DIGIX BLU-RAY PLAYER BD-500
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #38

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyHitchFan View Post
The documentary was never edited, so they'll have to go through some 18 hours or so to do this. It's possible to get some of it anyway, so I'll hope.

A Clockwork Orange Anniversary edition did at least add the Kubrick A Life in Pictures doc, although I'm disappointed the didn't use the newer restoration transfer.
Yes, as I mentioned before above regarding ACO. Technically, I did a triple dip
on this one as I bought the U.K. Kubrick box set as it was only $40 USD.

The first issue of FMJ was bad, so they did the right thing and redid it with a new cover to tell the difference. Now a 25 anniversary is cause for a digibook edition, and I would really hope that WB doesn't just repackage the existing disc. I know they did that for Unforgiven, and that's just shoddy and lazy, not to mention an obvious cash in at oscar season.

Now, Lolita will have a 50th Anniversary digibook release to be announced soon. That one was a bare bones release as far as bonus features, so I would imagine they'll include a making of doc and hopefully some interviews with those that are still with us. Will I buy it? Yep. Do I have to? Nope.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
Not quite. The re-release of Clockwork had a number of new features plus Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures. And if we want to get technical, the audio wasn't the same. The codec was changed to DTS-HD MA instead of PCM. That's not simply a repackaged item.
funny Clockwork gets a digibook, but 2001 did not, well 2013 will mark the 45th ann, so maybe we
will get one then
Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->126 UV-------->249

I have the Canadian steelbook, which is beautiful by the way, so there's no reason to buy the digibook. Sorry, but steelbooks supersede digibooks.

Last edited by HD Goofnut; 03-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America