Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Garfield 1 & 2: Fat Cat Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$9.98
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Man with No Name Trilogy 4K Remastered Edition (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
funny Clockwork gets a digibook, but 2001 did not, well 2013 will mark the 45th ann, so maybe we
will get one then
But it did receive a fantastic steelbook in Canada.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeflick View Post
Fear and Desire is a SUPER long shot. It's on youtube already. I caught a screening of it in LA about a year and a half ago and it was basically film student quality and offers little to glean in terms of Kubrick-ness. In fact, it's so weak you just kind of wonder how he turned into The Killing's filmmaker in such a short time.
There's just something about the timeliness of it's public appearance in theaters and on TCM a while back that has me thinking that Criterion is going to pick this up. It's definitely not my personal favorite of his but it's early Kubrick and a must have in the collection.
DVD Aficionado - quickdraw_ltd's DVD Collection

Bedroom Theater
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E3 42-Inch
Sony PlayStation 3 160GB
VIZIO VSB200
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #43

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Q View Post
There's just something about the timeliness of it's public appearance in theaters and on TCM a while back that has me thinking that Criterion is going to pick this up. It's definitely not my personal favorite of his but it's early Kubrick and a must have in the collection.
I suspect the only way they do that would be to put his shorts on there as well. It's just not a compelling package otherwise. You might be right, at the screening they weren't outright dismissing a release but it was also VERY clear from SK he never wanted it shown, so they're already skirting his wishes - and they know this. Scorcese has a lot of pull on the one good print as well, since he's so involved with the Eastman Archive.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #44

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

The artwork shows a DVD of the documentary "Stanley Kubrick's Boxes" as the second disc. This is a nice addition as it has making of FMJ footage.

Not sure if any additional features are added to the main BD, but it does show 2012 on there.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #45
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I wonder if they'll release the doc separately. I have no need to rebuy the film when I'm sure it's the same disc I already have, but I would be interested in the doc...
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #46
Special Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I prefer steelbooks as well, but when it comes to a digibook with more features I'll take the digibook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I have the Canadian steelbook, which is beautiful by the way, so there's no reason to buy the digibook. Sorry, but steelbooks supersede digibooks.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeflick View Post
I suspect the only way they do that would be to put his shorts on there as well. It's just not a compelling package otherwise. You might be right, at the screening they weren't outright dismissing a release but it was also VERY clear from SK he never wanted it shown, so they're already skirting his wishes - and they know this. Scorcese has a lot of pull on the one good print as well, since he's so involved with the Eastman Archive.
They could also include it as a supplement if their long-rumored Spartacus release ever materializes.

The only rub there is a CC Spartacus release probably wouldn't need much sweetener. The 'whoa, they included Fear and Desire' crowd - if indeed we even are a crowd - would likely snap up a Spartacus release regardless.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
Banned

Dec 2009

Trailer for the doc, looks awesome

Last edited by ssjmichael; 03-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #49

Mar 2011

Incredible, I cant wait to own this!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #50
Special Member

Sep 2009
Los Angeles

lets see
1.the first release
2. the remaster
3. the canada steel book
4. the limited kubrick collection set
5. the 2disc digibook

damn i want the boxes documentary :P

couldnt they have fit that dvd documentary on the bluray? then i could of just swapped the disc in my box set
Tv: Samsung PN63B590
Insignia NS-WBRDVD2
AVR: Denon 2308ci

My Top 3 movies:
1. legends of the fall
2. once upon a time in america
3. full metal jacket
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Michigan

The version I have now is just fine.
"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."- Tyler Durden
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #52

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
They could also include it as a supplement if their long-rumored Spartacus release ever materializes.

The only rub there is a CC Spartacus release probably wouldn't need much sweetener. The 'whoa, they included Fear and Desire' crowd - if indeed we even are a crowd - would likely snap up a Spartacus release regardless.
Ya know, that might actually be the way to go, since it sort of straddles the line between outright release as a stand alone and not in some wiggly fashion. Given that they did that with Killer's Kiss it might not be out of the realm of possibilities - I do still though do not ever forsee a "Fear and Desire" spine in my collection.

And I want that Digibook extras disk for my Kubrick case.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #53
Special Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I'm surprised that people are surprised about this release. Wasn't it announced around the time that the Kubrick box set came out, possibly before? That's why I held off on the steelbook of this film, as well as for 2001. Hopefully 2001 will include the newly discovered footage.

I believe this year will be this film and Lolita 50th.

2013 - 2001: A Space Odyssey (45th)

2014 - Eyes Wide Shut (15th)

2015 - Barry Lyndon (40th), The Shining (35th)
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
Not pretty smart, but rather pretty greedy. BIG SAD DIFFERENCE THERE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
Spare me your sermon...............
So in your opinion whining about greed isn't preachy?

Interesting.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Phew, looks like I won't have to triple dip, seeing as I've got a TV recording of 'Boxes' already.

By the time the Lolita and 2001 re-releases are due Warners aren't gonna have any spare documentaries to include on a 2nd disc to sucker people into buying them; they might have to include some new content on those ones, imagine that!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #56
Expert Member

Jun 2009

Cant wait huge Digibook fan and this will be a day 1 purchase for me. I still need Clockwork Orange.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #57
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I prefer steelbooks as well, but when it comes to a digibook with more features I'll take the digibook.
Normally I'd agree with you if it was a newly put together doc that was in HD, but that is not the case here.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #58

Jan 2012
Philly

"Boxes" is an awesome addition, I am now officially selling my old Blu-Ray and picking this up!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Ugh, the same ugly artwork used for the amaray. I'll stick with the Canadian steelbook with the original poster artwork.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #60
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
Ugh, the same ugly artwork used for the amaray. I'll stick with the Canadian steelbook with the original poster artwork.
Exactly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America