Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Underworld: Blood Wars 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$19.00
Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cars 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Tangled 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.03
Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.75
IMAX: Born to Be Wild 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.89
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.39
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel
Default Warcraft 3d

Boom! This looks epic in every way, should be an absolute blast in 3D.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (11-07-2015), EVERRET (11-07-2015), Impossible (11-07-2015), Paul H (11-07-2015), Zivouhr (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Cool! Glad to hear it'll be in 3D and it looks like a fun fantasy genre movie. I never played the WarCraft Games but they look like they focus on Orcs, medieval warriors, magic, monsters and other things fans of JRR Tolkien's Rings books offer.

If they crank out strong 3D, this could look amazing. Hopefully they don't settle for mild 3D.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Atlantis

I soooo cant wait for this!!!!! Very nice to see a 3D release for this movie.
Blufans VIP
R.I.P TOP GEAR 2002-2015 #Clarkson #Hammond #May
My Set up
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
Xbox One /PS4/ Region free OREI BDP-M2 3D BD player

I Love Taylor Swift
R.I.P Paul Walker 11-30-2013
Old 11-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

This is 3D ? Man thats awesome another movie to add to the 3D blu-ray collection
Old 11-08-2015, 04:44 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, this could be something. 2016, what month is it released?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_%28film%29

Yikes, WarCraft 3D is in theaters June 10, 2016. 7 months away, but it gives hope for next summer's slate of 3D.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:38 AM   #6
Expert Member

Nov 2014

I'm not a fan of the game, and generally skeptical of game-based movies, so I'm probably not their target audience. The initial scenes gave me a Lord of the Rings ripoff vibe, and when it cuts to the animated characters, I get an Avatar vibe. It feels like that's the last time we saw a world with so many photoreal fantasy characters like that that weren't just monsters.

I can see it having a lot of commercial appeal. The director has a solid reputation, so it might be good too.
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (05-26-2016), infiniteCR (07-26-2016)
Old 11-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Yeah this looks in the realm of Avatar easily, even if it doesn't have as high a budget.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

The trailer to me looked awful, the acting seems stilted and whilst some effects look very good, others just look poor (the baby in particular and the horse being thrown).

With that said it is from the director of Moon and Source Code, so it likely will either be brilliant like his past films or a complete disaster with him biting at more then he can manage.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Reportedly the budget for this is only $100 Mil which i find frankly unbelievable, considering the scale of this movie. Bear in mind Avatar cost upwards of $300 Mil as far as i know. A lot of people have been slating the CG in the trailer for this citing the relatively low (for a huge movie) budget as being the reason.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #10
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Reportedly the budget for this is only $100 Mil which i find frankly unbelievable, considering the scale of this movie. Bear in mind Avatar cost upwards of $300 Mil as far as i know. A lot of people have been slating the CG in the trailer for this citing the relatively low (for a huge movie) budget as being the reason.
It seems very strange to think that $100 million could be considered a low budget, especially for a film with no star power. It seems low by Avatar standards, but James Cameron budgets are never the norm. Although comparatively speaking, you're probably right.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 AM   #11

Aug 2009

It premiered in France last night and is released in lots of European countries today. Has anyone seen it yet? What's the 3D like?

Has anyone read any interviews with Duncan Jones in reference to his approach to 3D in this film (there are past interviews where he briefly talks about 3D, but not in relation to this film)?
Old 05-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyrockard View Post
It premiered in France last night and is released in lots of European countries today. Has anyone seen it yet? What's the 3D like?

Has anyone read any interviews with Duncan Jones in reference to his approach to 3D in this film (there are past interviews where he briefly talks about 3D, but not in relation to this film)?
The preview trailer of Warcraft has a mix of strong 3D and some medium 3D shots. Very promising for the 3D.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:44 AM   #13
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
The preview trailer of Warcraft has a mix of strong 3D and some medium 3D shots. Very promising for the 3D.
Every time I've seen the first trailer for the movie in 3d , the 3d quality has dropped my jaw every single time. Every shot looked strong to me and the movie just looks like a glorious fantasy epic!
Old 05-27-2016, 01:15 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Yes, here's hoping the whole movie lives up to the trailer's 3D, Mseeley. June will be a very crowded month for 3D releases in theaters. July most of all.

MAY
Captain America 3: Civil War 3D
Angry Birds 3D
Alice: Looking Glass 3D
X-Men Apocalypse 3D

JUNE
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shadows 3D
Warcraft 3D
Finding Dory 3D
Independence Day 2 3D

JULY
Big Friendly Giant 3D
Legend Tarzan 3D
Secret Life of Pets 3D
Ghostbusters 3D
Ice Age 4 3D
Star Trek Beyond 3D
Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

The 3D in the trailers for this is gorgeous and i'm sure the rest of the movie will follow suit. Looks lie it'll probably flop though. It seems very hard for studios to get new franchises off the ground these days.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:44 AM   #16
Expert Member

Jul 2013

I didn't know Blizzard was making or financing movies. 100 million seems high for them.

I wish they had started with Diablo (the story of D1-D2-LoD would be amazing).

StarCraft would also be cool, but I guess they're hoping millions of WoW fans will go see this...

Don't laugh, but Nintendo has also said it wants to start making (animated?) movies.

Last edited by Frank@Chicago; 05-27-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 PM   #17

Nov 2010
Thumbs up

I have seen the movie in Germany and the 3D is the best I have seen in the cinema yet. Only have seen Avatar in my home cinema I should add.
You shouldn't expect something flying right at you. But there is a great sense of depth in almost every scene. Magic is one of the highlights of the movie and the spells benefit dramatically from the 3D.
The cleverly chosen camera angles also help to make the most out of the 3D.

I saw the movie is getting pretty bad reviews in the US. The recpetion of the audience in Europe ist great and the box office here is rather promising. For me it was the most fun I had in the cinema for years. But the movie might not be to everbody's taste and it definitely helps if you know the lore of warcraft.
But if you only want to see a spectacle and enjoy a feast for the ears and eyes with great 3D you should definitely give it a chance.
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (06-03-2016), dartfrog298 (06-06-2016), EVERRET (06-01-2016), kingDeeCee (06-03-2016), levcore (06-01-2016), MercurySeven (05-31-2016), Paul H (05-31-2016), Rickyrockard (06-01-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by daScorp View Post
I have seen the movie in Germany and the 3D is the best I have seen in the cinema yet. Only have seen Avatar in my home cinema I should add.
You shouldn't expect something flying right at you. But there is a great sense of depth in almost every scene. Magic is one of the highlights of the movie and the spells benefit dramatically from the 3D.

I saw the movie is getting pretty bad reviews in the US. The recpetion of the audience in Europe ist great and the box office here is rather promising. For me it was the most fun I had in the cinema for years. But the movie might not be to everbody's taste and it definitely helps if you know the lore of warcraft.
But if you only want to see a spectacle and enjoy a feast for the ears and eyes with great 3D you should definitely give it a chance.
Great to hear.
I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty. Elle Fanning- The Neon Demon
Old 06-01-2016, 01:40 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
The 3D in the trailers for this is gorgeous and i'm sure the rest of the movie will follow suit. Looks lie it'll probably flop though. It seems very hard for studios to get new franchises off the ground these days.
Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, though they were under Marvel, were comedy action hero movies that were big risks that could've flopped, so word of mouth helps. But yeah, I can't imagine World of Warcraft will last long without positive feedback from fans to prod others to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
I didn't know Blizzard was making or financing movies. 100 million seems high for them.

I wish they had started with Diablo (the story of D1-D2-LoD would be amazing).

StarCraft would also be cool, but I guess they're hoping millions of WoW fans will go see this...

Don't laugh, but Nintendo has also said it wants to start making (animated?) movies.
Diablo would be cool to see as a movie.
I can imagine they're hoping the fans will show up for opening week. I haven't played the games, but will check it out as a fan of the genre and 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daScorp View Post

Thanks, glad you liked it and the 3D. The movie sounds promising.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #20

Sep 2015
England

Warcraft has the best 3D I've seen at the cinema this year. Medium to strong throughout, with excellent layering, it gave a textural, palpable, immersive quality to this fantasy world that really brought it to life for me. Not quite Avatar 3D. More along the lines of The Hobbit.

The movie was better than I expected. While it never quite lumbered out of Tolkien's (and Jackson's) shadow, the filmmakers went all-out with the world-building and at least tried to make a serious fantasy film. It never fully engaged me emotionally like LOTR did, and the story lost steam somewhere in the midsection, but I was entertained all the way through.

Recommended for fantasy fans.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (06-03-2016), bud_brigman (06-03-2016), dartfrog298 (06-06-2016), EVERRET (06-04-2016), kingDeeCee (06-03-2016), levcore (06-04-2016), Paul H (06-03-2016), Zivouhr (06-04-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies