COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Lincoln (Blu-ray)
$15.43
The Wicker Man (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Power Member

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada
Default Brother Bear / Brother Bear II (March 12 2012) Review

Brother Bear / Brother Bear II Blu-ray

According to that one article floating around, Brother Bear is one of the titles set for an October 2012 release to Blu-Ray:
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu...-release-26706

Out of the newer DACs (post Lion King), this is one of my favourites. Since a bunch of these are being fast-tracked, I wonder what bonus features there will be or if it will just be whatever was included on the DVD. Maybe the sequel will be packaged with it?
"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and doughnuts. We wanted strong drink." -Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Last edited by Deciazulado; 12-15-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Woo Hoo! This is one of my Top Disney movies of all time.

So it's a first day buy for me. Hopefully it'll be a 2-Pack (like Fox/Hound) with the pretty damn good sequel as well.
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Legend of the Dark Mite.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Nov 2008
On the sofa

Love the commentary by Rutt and Tuke, funny stuff.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 42
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Barrie, Ontario

This ones mandatory, since I know one of the writers, I don't want him to think I don't like his stuff
Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
Power Member

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Wow. Is Disney opening the floodgates this year or what? I do hope that they are quality releases in so much as they can be.
"Someone once told me, that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. And I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal."-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Speak for yourself sir. I intend to live forever." - Number One
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
Power Member

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Woo Hoo! This is one of my Top Disney movies of all time.

So it's a first day buy for me. Hopefully it'll be a 2-Pack (like Fox/Hound) with the pretty damn good sequel as well.
I still haven't seen the sequel, so, if it also gets released, I'm looking forward to watching it.

With all these releases, I'm thinking, Cinderella's and Aladdin's sequels will probably be out next year, since they are the next two Diamond Editions?
"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and doughnuts. We wanted strong drink." -Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Canuck View Post
I still haven't seen the sequel, so, if it also gets released, I'm looking forward to watching it.
It's one of the few Disney sequels that actually is almost if not as good as the original. It's a good one.
Quote:
With all these releases, I'm thinking, Cinderella's and Aladdin's sequels will probably be out next year, since they are the next two Diamond Editions?
Probably. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the Beauty and the Beast sequel come out the following year?
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Old 03-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Power Member

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
It's one of the few Disney sequels that actually is almost if not as good as the original. It's a good one.

Probably. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the Beauty and the Beast sequel come out the following year?
Yes it did. It came out the following November just in time for Christmas. Belle's Magical World wasn't even deemed worthy of a Blu release. I can't blame them on that. And yes indeed, Brother Bear 2 was a good one. The songs by Melissa Etheridge as well as the top notch voice cast really sold it. It didn't hurt that the animation was above par for the course.
"Someone once told me, that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. And I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal."-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Old 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar Will Rise View Post
Yes it did. It came out the following November just in time for Christmas. Belle's Magical World wasn't even deemed worthy of a Blu release. I can't blame them on that. And yes indeed, Brother Bear 2 was a good one. The songs by Melissa Etheridge as well as the top notch voice cast really sold it. It didn't hurt that the animation was above par for the course.
Well, Belle's Magical World was just the remains of a cancelled Television Series. So there's really no point in giving it a Blu-ray release.

But agreed. I just watched Brother Bear I and II the other day. So I hope we get both on Blu-ray this year.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
Power Member

Mar 2007
Chicago, IL

I like this movie! I remember taking my niece to go see this. Day one for me.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
Power Member

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Well, Belle's Magical World was just the remains of a cancelled Television Series. So there's really no point in giving it a Blu-ray release.

But agreed. I just watched Brother Bear I and II the other day. So I hope we get both on Blu-ray this year.
That would be cool. I would not be surprised if they did it as a 2-pack like Pocahontas and Fantasia though, as Brother Bear is sadly one of their least successful features. I just saw a pic of the upcoming Treasure Planet Blu. Oh yes, that is mine. This is quite a year for Disney. Now they just need to get some of their live action catalogs out.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #12

Feb 2011

Tree?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Power Member

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrunter View Post
Tree?
They are everywhere.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #14

Dec 2010
Los Angeles

Great movie and look forward to buying it.
TV: Samsung 42" TOC 1080p HD LCD
Blu-ray players: PS3 (Launch 60GB - Nov. 2006) / Samsung BD-C6500
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
it's the highlight of the supplementary material
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #16

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Honestly, that's prolly the main reason I'd buy the blu-ray. If it's not on there, I'm waiting a looooooooooong time to upgrade.
Favorite Movies: Rio Bravo, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Apocalypse Now, GoodFellas, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bambi, The Adventures of Robin Hood, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Taxi Driver, North by Northwest, American Graffiti, Dazed and Confused, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Singin' in the Rain
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #17

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar Will Rise View Post
I would not be surprised if they did it as a 2-pack like Pocahontas and Fantasia though, as Brother Bear is sadly one of their least successful features.
I'm pretty sure it will be released (in the US) packaged with its sequel, because it seems like all Non-Diamond releases now get this treatment. It is however untrue, that Brother Bear wasn't successful. Just compare the box office with the one of Lilo & Stitch, which is considered to be one of the most successful Disney animated feature of the 00's:

Brother Bear: $250,397,798 (worldwide)
Lilo & Stitch: $245,800,000 (worldwide)
Old 07-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
Special Member

May 2009

Any news or cover art for this release? It's been a while.....
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

I look forward to upgrading my dvd of this!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #20
Special Member

Jun 2012

Great movie with a terrific soundtrack. No doubt in my mind it'll be a 2-pack like Pocahontas & The Rescuers. Really hoping for an $8 coupon like those titles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America