Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dexter: The Complete Series 1-8 Collection Exclusive Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$340.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kite (Blu-ray)
$17.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #1

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada
Default GREATEST 3d popout effect ever!

Title says it all, this is an ABSOLUTE must have clip for any of u out there who want to add quite possibly the greatest 3d pop out effect to their collection. YES it even beats the potato COD fish from that imax under the sea. Go to this link and make sure u download the 1080P MP4 file to your pc, then simply play it on your pc through DLNA. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://save
Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #2

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

open that clip in youtube and just open this website http://saveyoutube.com/ after that copy and paste the video's url and make sure to save as the 1080p mp4 file and ur all set..!!!! ENJOY
Old 03-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #3

Feb 2012

That was really a lot of fun. Shows you what 3d can be. It got in my face, and
I felt like it was real at times. Will save that, and show that to people to show off the 3d system.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #4

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

yeah man this kid really does a better job then alot of directors out there.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
Not even close. Window violations galore and overdone parallax made it a pretty uncomfortable experience for me. The guy and the chainsaw had extremely unnatural anterior-posterior dimensionality, and the tip of the chainsaw diverged into two images when he stuck it right in front of my eyes. The kid uses lots of negative parallax, but he has no idea what he's doing. He's just messing around with a 3D camera.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #6

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

yeah i can see your point. I can ignore the minor faults just because of how godly that pop out is. Besides his 300$ bucks sony camcorder cant compete with a $50,000 panavision camera!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Not even close. Window violations galore and overdone parallax made it a pretty uncomfortable experience for me. The guy and the chainsaw had extremely unnatural anterior-posterior dimensionality, and the tip of the chainsaw diverged into two images when he stuck it right in front of my eyes. The kid uses lots of negative parallax, but he has no idea what he's doing. He's just messing around with a 3D camera.
I guess it depends what kind of 3D one is looking for. I would agree though, that compared to Wrath of the Titans 3D which I just saw, I'd take a movie with this style of strong 3D over it, errors and all. I'm tired of conservative 3D efforts.

Thanks for posting. As far as the double image, this is best viewed far away, so in that regard, post converging in a 3D editing program would've lessened the eye strain at that point, and corrected the window edges.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 03-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #8

Mar 2012

3D that is somewhere in between shallow 3D (where there is hardly any sense of depth) and this type of 3D (where objects become unnaturally stretched and distorted) would suit me just fine.

Getting the balance just right though is proving to be very difficult, if not impossible.

Gae

Last edited by Gae; 03-31-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae View Post
3D that is somewhere in between shallow 3D (where there is hardly any sense of depth) and this type of 3D (where objects become unnaturally stretched and distorted) would suit me just fine.

Getting the balance just right though is proving to be very difficult, if not impossible.

Gae
Yes to a smooth combination of the two for strong 3D.

With continued trial and error, not impossible in this case. For new 3D stereographers getting started on their first 3D movie, there are a lot of careful parameters to measure within EVERY 3D shot, and live action, compared to computer animation which is easier in a virtual world, makes it that much more difficult to get right on the day of filming.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Special Member

Jul 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand.

Quote:

Gae
Its called Sammy's adventure and every film that claims to be 3d should have that level of 3d then people wouldn't mind paying the price difference from 2d to 3d because they would actually be getting a tangible, enjoyable extra.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #11

Aug 2009

This was fun but that guy really pushed it way to much into the face of the people watching, at some point on my PC screen I had the feeling I had to cross my eyes because it was simply to much. It was very uncomfortable to be honest
''The world is like a dream, Not bigger then a grain of sand, But bigger then an invisible reality.''
Old 04-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #12

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
This was fun but that guy really pushed it way to much into the face of the people watching, at some point on my PC screen I had the feeling I had to cross my eyes because it was simply to much. It was very uncomfortable to be honest

i see, well i watch it on a 55inch panny and its about 12 feet away from the sofa, for us there was no cross talk nor uncomfortable.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

Watched a few minutes of "Monster vs. Aliens" in 3D last night. At the beginning of the movie, there was a scene a guy was bouncing a ball with a paddle. I thought that was pretty cool as far as pop-outs go.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopee room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV (which is also in the whoopee room)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #14

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
some of the theatrical movies also have stereo window violations galore.

Nothing wrong with some objects being in front of the stereo window. However, when they're in front and touching the edges of the screen at the same time,

it sort of ruins the illusion.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #15

Oct 2011

Quote:

Gae
actually, that unnatural stretching goes both ways, into the screen also as well as out of.

and depends on where you sit.

sit further back and watch what happens.

sit closer and watch what happens.

further back, the depth increases in both directions.

closer, the depth flattens in both directions.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #16

Jan 2011

I wish movie maker will make those kind of pop out. The darkest Hour was nothing campare to this. THere was no pop out at all.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #17

Jan 2012
Sweden

Wow thanks for that clip bro, that was sick. Watched it on my 50" VT30 with USB stick. Looked really awesome.. man I can't wait for Hugo to arrive.. should be today.. plz god give it to me now!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #18

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post
Wow thanks for that clip bro, that was sick. Watched it on my 50" VT30 with USB stick. Looked really awesome.. man I can't wait for Hugo to arrive.. should be today.. plz god give it to me now!

you're welcome. u have my dream tv. i have gt30 but 5 inches bigger then yours
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #19

Jul 2010

If he held the items still, the 3D effect would look better. With them moving around so fast the images blur and the cams don't have time to focus.

Try this one, the flowers will come out at you.

Sony Bravia LX-900 3D 46" active 3D & LG 55 LW6500 passive 3D set
Sony HMZ-T3 with Comfort 3 Cushion Pads
Sony BDP-S570 3DBD player
Bose Surround System
PS3
Fujifilm Finepix W3
Sony Alpha 55
JVC GS-TD1

Last edited by Bravia3D; 04-09-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #20

May 2009
London, UK

apart from the slight flaws as decribed above, this video wowed my wife and her sister.

deffo a demo to show off the TV with.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies