COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Inspector Lavardin Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Dexter: The Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Drive Hard (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Paperboy (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dexter: The Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Best Pricing

Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX
Default "Batman: The Animated Series", Vol. 2 & 3...Any Deals?

Hey, all.

I finally started buying the DVDs for this, after realizing they weren't on flipper discs. I found the first one at Wal-Mart for $20, and Amazon usually has the fourth listed for around that as well. But everywhere I go, it seems like the second and third sets are between $35 and $40, which is ridiculous. Anyone know where to find them cheaper?
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~Helen Keller~
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #2

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Hey, all.

I finally started buying the DVDs for this, after realizing they weren't on flipper discs. I found the first one at Wal-Mart for $20, and Amazon usually has the fourth listed for around that as well. But everywhere I go, it seems like the second and third sets are between $35 and $40, which is ridiculous. Anyone know where to find them cheaper?
I think you would have a beter chance of replies if you ask in the DVD forum and not the Blu-Ray forum. That being said, you may want to check Wal-Mart as I think I have seen them there for around $20
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Warner has never really dropped the price on these sets because demand has always been so high for them. I don't think I have ever seen them below $14.99 a volume, and those were prices using coupons in conjunction with a special sale price. Once or twice a year WB will temporarily drop the price on them and you will see better prices. You might want to wait until The Dark Knight Rises is released, as Warner tends to package all the various Batman properties for special discounts to retailers when a new movie comes out.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4

Jul 2011
Pittburgh, PA

I've seen them reasonably priced on ebay...
Ebay feedback: ForsakenCM (575)
Currently Watching: Blood Brother
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Banned

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatthews11 View Post
I've seen them reasonably priced on ebay...
You have to watch out for bootlegs though. Anyone selling the complete limited edition for cheap for instance is selling a bootleg version.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

I remember seeing the complete set in stores when it was rleased. I hesitated to pull the trigger since I had the episodes stored on my computer.
There simply is no other place on the internet. Blu-ray.com
If you are not paying for the best you are getting ripped off by the worst.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo

i bought the sets when they were released. one of the best purchases i ever made. love the series and the joker. i know its been said a million times, mark does an excellent job as the joker. cant see anyone else doing it.
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

Why is there a DVD thread on the bluray bargins area.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Special Member

Mar 2008

Hot
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Warner has never really dropped the price on these sets because demand has always been so high for them. I don't think I have ever seen them below $14.99 a volume, and those were prices using coupons in conjunction with a special sale price. Once or twice a year WB will temporarily drop the price on them and you will see better prices. You might want to wait until The Dark Knight Rises is released, as Warner tends to package all the various Batman properties for special discounts to retailers when a new movie comes out.

I got V1, V2, V3 for 3.00 or less at Big Lots in the great WB fiasco of July 09.

These have been priced at Walmart.com for 9.00 or so, but it's been a couple of years. That's when I got my V4.

Right now 20.00 is probably the best price, but patience always wins in this game, especially for products from WB or Fox, as they tend to discount more frequently.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Slow and steady wins the race most of the time. I tend to dvdpricesearch.com occasionally when I'm looking for a deal too. Just type in what you are looking for and it will usually give you the best price on the net. It isn't perfect, but it catches most of the sales. Have these gone out of print BTW or is this something I can still find in stock? I'll check my local Fred Meyer's if it isn't. They tend to have older box sets, along with Wal-Mart(which is more miss than hit these days).
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
I got V1, V2, V3 for 3.00 or less at Big Lots in the great WB fiasco of July 09.

These have been priced at Walmart.com for 9.00 or so, but it's been a couple of years. That's when I got my V4.
Ah yes, the great WB blowout sale at Big Lots. I went to Big Lots a lot during that time and never saw these sets included there. That is a great score but unlikely to ever be repeated. Now that you mention it, I do remember the price dropping to around $9 a volume on Walmart.com, but it kept going in and out of stock so quickly that it was not easy to get at that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Slow and steady wins the race most of the time. I tend to dvdpricesearch.com occasionally when I'm looking for a deal too. Just type in what you are looking for and it will usually give you the best price on the net. It isn't perfect, but it catches most of the sales. Have these gone out of print BTW or is this something I can still find in stock? I'll check my local Fred Meyer's if it isn't. They tend to have older box sets, along with Wal-Mart(which is more miss than hit these days).
These sets are not going out of print. Batman: The Animated Series is one of WB's best catalog sellers. If they had a usable master for HD, the show would have already been released on Blu-ray.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
NJ

It's interesting to me that Superman: The Animated Series, on the other hand, can be found for very, very low prices. I wonder why that is..
Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopFilm View Post
It's interesting to me that Superman: The Animated Series, on the other hand, can be found for very, very low prices. I wonder why that is..
Doesn't sell as well I imagine.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopFilm View Post
It is simply not as good as Batman: The Animated Series and has never been as popular. Bruce Timm had a much better take and understanding of what makes Batman tick than he did with Superman. Batman: The Animated Series might be the definitive version of the character in modern times.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

I wouldn't say not as good. Superman TAS is quite excellent and I love it. Sits right along side Batman ATS as far as I'm concerned. Just simply not as popular.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjmichael View Post
You have to watch out for bootlegs though. Anyone selling the complete limited edition for cheap for instance is selling a bootleg version.
Or they really want to get rid of it - that's a possibility!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
I wouldn't say not as good. Superman TAS is quite excellent and I love it. Sits right along side Batman ATS as far as I'm concerned. Just simply not as popular.
I've seen various episodes, but I haven't bought the Complete Series DVDs because I know there's some flippers in there (rented a copy once from the library). Dual-sided discs suck; plain and simple.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I've seen various episodes, but I haven't bought the Complete Series DVDs because I know there's some flippers in there (rented a copy once from the library). Dual-sided discs suck; plain and simple.
Be that as it may, for the price, you can't really complain. Plus none of my sets have had any playability issues.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
Be that as it may, for the price, you can't really complain. Plus none of my sets have had any playability issues.
I just had a ton of bad experiences during my DVD days with flippers (lost count of how many I returned), so now I avoid them on principle.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Best Pricing