Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Hell in the Pacific $14.75 (4 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.77
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$12.85
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$18.44
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.29
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.70
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$14.31
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.05
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.99
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$21.98
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #461
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Sandy Hook, CT PS3-PSNetwork ID: Pelican170 PS4-PSN Network ID: TheAngryRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
I started playing this last night, and got to the
[Show spoiler]Navajo chapter and just did the incantation.
I am absolutely loving the game so far for what it is, which is a story driven drama--not a twitch shooter or hack and slash. The prompts are engaging and the VA is much better than HR. Graphics, animations, backgrounds are almost photorealistic in areas.

So far for me it's easily an 8.5. Can't wait to continue this thing. I had a really hard time putting the game down last night.
Thats funny you mention Navajo. After playing that level I almost wanted to stop completely. I thought it was the worst one ever. I guess I have a totally different feeling for that game vs. other people. I have 3 chapters left and just cant get it in me to finish the game lol.
PS4 500 GB---> 1TB
Marantz SR7002
Cambridge Soundworks
Old 02-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #462
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Sandy Hook, CT PS3-PSNetwork ID: Pelican170 PS4-PSN Network ID: TheAngryRager

I must say though, i finished up this game last night and I was happy with the ending. It does make me want to play it again to make different decisions..
PS4 500 GB---> 1TB
Marantz SR7002
Cambridge Soundworks
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #463
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I got the platinum on this last night. Great game overall, glad it's over though. Cage's games get progressively worse with each playthrough, a lot more so than any other game. Having to play Navajo and Black Sun so many times was really getting annoying.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 03-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #464
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Austin, TX

Finished this a few days ago, absolutely enjoyed it! My ending went like this:

[Show spoiler]After deciding to end the suffering for Jodie's mom and putting a stop to Ryan's torture before he lost his eye, I managed to save every character and decided that Jodie and Ryan were the best choice for a conclusion, so I got the relaxing island ending.
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."

"Go, now. Go."
Old 03-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #465
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
I got the platinum on this last night. Great game overall, glad it's over though. Cage's games get progressively worse with each playthrough, a lot more so than any other game. Having to play Navajo and Black Sun so many times was really getting annoying.
I find it funny that you decided to play through the ending over and over for trophy purposes and then say you had to.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 04-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #466
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

I thought this game was better than Heavy Rain, especially the acting and not just the main cast, but minor characters were better as well. Also, unlike Heavy Rain, the graphics still hold up really well. They honestly look better than some PS4 games. I loved the Aiden mechanic and the stealth sections where you're avoiding/killing enemies were easily my favorite part.

The writing could still use some work, some more choice in the gameplay would be nice, and the entire Navajo section could have been excised as far as I'm concerned, but I would be more than happy to get some more of Cage's "interactive dramas."
to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed
Old 06-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #467
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

I played this a few months ago when I still had an SSD in the PS3 and the game ran great. Kids played it yesterday with the PS4's stock HDD in it, and was shocked by how much stuttering there was during action sequences where you get switched between the 2 characters. And then, when it auto-saved, it would just grind to a complete halt.
to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3