Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
The Girl Hunters (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Mask of Zorro (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #2

Mar 2011

We lost a bunch of discussion. Including the fact that different countries had different number of Blu-ray titles in their collections. Japan even has a mix of blu-ray and DVD's in their collection

US collection is the 7 titles listed at the top of the thread.

One thing posted is that Fox's site (http://www.foxconnect.com) has all the individual titles and the collection up. At the moment Fox connect is priced $5 less for the collection at $64.99. Hopefully Amazon and others will start matching the price.

http://www.foxconnect.com/forever-ma...ullscreen.html

Note also a once a year coupon for 10% off an order makes this $58.49.

Last edited by Tns49; 06-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tns49 View Post
One think posted is that Fox's site (http://www.foxconnect.com) has all the individual titles and the collection up.
Yeah and so do we ^^
Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #4

Sep 2009

Thanks for the pre-order links!
Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Power Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

So is it confirmed that Misfits and Some Like It Hot are not remasters but just the already released discs with different cover art (I'm assuming)?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Smile

I like 2 of the movies, the others I havent gotten around to seeing, but am going to rent a few to see if the set is worth getting or just buy them individually if only a couple are keepers for me
Old 06-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Power Member

Oct 2009
United States

As I already have "Some Like it Hot" and really am not interested in "The Misfits", I'll probably go for the individual offerings.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post
So is it confirmed that Misfits and Some Like It Hot are not remasters but just the already released discs with different cover art (I'm assuming)?
I would almost bet the Discs are the same for those titles in fact I think those transfers are fine. Aren't they? )

Still the box set price is decent and didn't need to include Misfits and Some Like It Hot... and the price tag would have still been reasonable. I consider SLIH and Misfits bonus to the set.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Power Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
I would almost bet the Discs are the same for those titles in fact I think those transfers are fine. Aren't they? )

Still the box set price is decent and didn't need to include Misfits and Some Like It Hot... and the price tag would have still been reasonable. I consider SLIH and Misfits bonus to the set.
Yup. I just meant that if the discs are the same, that mean the content is the same...which means no special features for Misfits and same special features for Some Like it Hot.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Loma Linda, CA

Ordered 7 Year Itch
Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I'm not sure if I'll get the whole set or get the individual titles over time. It really depends on what the packaging ends up being. It looks like it could be nice, but you can't really tell what all of the packaging for the set will be right now based on the current pictures.

Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 7 & 8)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-10-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: don't know why you posted pic from other site when we had the same/better pics right here^^ :)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I'm not sure if I'll get the whole set or get the individual titles over time. It really depends on what the packaging ends up being. It looks like it could be nice, but you can't really tell what all of the packaging for the set will be right now based on the current pictures.

They're calling them "Book 1" and "Book 2" and this is from Fox who are known for their book/disc slot packaging (Star Wars, Mel Brooks collection, Alien Anthology, Bond 50 etc..) So I would expect something along those lines. With just 7 movies though you'd think they'd put them all in one book, rather than 2.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Is this the kind of set that might hold its price much longer than most and not be discounted during the holidays because of Marilyn's stature as an icon?

I regrettably don't know a lot about her films and didn't enjoy a few of them when I've tried before, but I do want to grab this, maybe when it's a DOTD or during the Black Friday period.

But, while something like the Lethal Weapon set is a lock to be in one of those sales (I'm getting mine now anyway from the UK), I wondered if maybe this set might not be a part of that because it's Marilyn Monroe.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #14

Aug 2009
Sartell, MN

I'm going to buy the singles as I need to have my Marilyn Monroe films on the shelf in chronological order. And I can do without There's No Business Like Show Business as it's really more of an Ethel Merman Movie.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
They're calling them "Book 1" and "Book 2" and this is from Fox who are known for their book/disc slot packaging (Star Wars, Mel Brooks collection, Alien Anthology, Bond 50 etc..) So I would expect something along those lines. With just 7 movies though you'd think they'd put them all in one book, rather than 2.
True. It's just hard to tell exactly what it will be right now. If each book in the set is like their Star Wars and Alien Anthology packaging, then I'll just buy them individually since I don't like that.
Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 7 & 8)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMEZFAN69 View Post
I'm going to buy the singles as I need to have my Marilyn Monroe films on the shelf in chronological order. And I can do without There's No Business Like Show Business as it's really more of an Ethel Merman Movie.
I feel totally opposite. If you're buying for the cover-art, and there's nothing wrong with that, then I'd get them as singles. If you don't want them all, then I'd get them as singles. But I like my boxsets to go on my shelves with the other boxsets. I'd want a set of films like this to stand out from my separate releases for easier access to each film.

Even my Bourne Trilogy is not in the B's. I keep it along with Die Hard, Ultimate Matrix and other sets. And I've considered putting some of the "normal" sized sets in with the individuals, but if I changed my mind and did it, I definitely wouldn't want the larger sets to be mixed in with normal bds.

With this set, I guess I wouldn't want so many Marilyn movies spread out over so many shelves. I want them to be together, which is why I'll probably go for the box set instead of just putting the normal sized releases all together out of order.

I'm not obsessive, I swear.

ps: If each disc doesn't have its own hub, then I will not get the set.

Last edited by Veronica Mars; 06-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #17
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

I wish there was some sort of incentive for buying the collection over the individual releases. Aside from the differences in packaging they appear to have the same content. It would have been nice to see a hardcover book, or perhaps an exclusive bonus disc with extras or something for this collection. Marilyn deserves as much.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #18
Banned

Jun 2012

excellent
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #19

Feb 2012

I pre ordered Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

I already have the eighteen movie DVD box set from the UK. Apart for GPB and All About Eve - which I absolutely love - I probably won't upgrade her other movies which I by and large only watch for Marilyn's stellar performances.

I think Marilyn was such a strong character actor that she really needed other strong actors to play off and her movies can be problematic because she is rarely cast opposite equally strong actors. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes has her with Jane Russell and The Misfits had an exceptionally strong cast as well with Clark Gable/Montgomery Clift/Thelma Ritter (and her small role opposite George Sanders in All About Eve).
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #20

Mar 2011

The current prices make the purchase of the collection more likely than the individual movies if you want more then a couple of the titles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America