COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Stoker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Blob (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$15.98
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Jules and Jim (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season - September 4, 2012 Pre-order

Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season Blu-ray

Quote:
Warner Home Entertainment will bring Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season to Blu-ray in September. Created by filmmaker J.J. Abrams (Super 8) and writers Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci (Star Trek), the science-fiction procedural follows the adventures of the CIA's Fringe Division as they investigate bizarre - and seemingly unexplainable - global incidents.

Warner's four-disc Blu-ray/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack presents all of Season Four's episodes in their original broadcast ratio of 1.78:1 with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. The set's supplementary materials are still unknown. Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season streets on September 4th.
Last Watched: Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Episode 1)
Last Bought: Sons of Anarchy: Season Six | The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Banned

Jun 2012
kuwait

love this show cant wait wish the 5th and final season is good on fox
Old 06-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #3

Dec 2009
NZ

I'm very happy with that cover art, I always loved that group shot. Very ominous with the Observers tucked in there. And I can't wait for the gag reel, the Fringe ones are always excellent.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Banned

Jun 2012
kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
I'm very happy with that cover art, I always loved that group shot. Very ominous with the Observers tucked in there. And I can't wait for the gag reel, the Fringe ones are always excellent.
yes agree cover art is wonderful it made me remember the 1st season blu ray i wish they make this lenticular the same as the 1st season slip cover
Old 06-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

Aug 2009
Scotland

Day 1 for me.

This and Community are tied for my favourite show on just now and I don't think I've ever been more relieved when they announced it was getting a final season.
My Movies & TV Show discussion group on Facebook. Collecting talk welcome: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReAssembled.Movies/

My youtube channel where I post movie vlogs, show off my collection and post the podcast(s) I'm involved with (also on iTunes.) http://www.youtube.com/user/wooble89
Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooble89 View Post
Day 1 for me.

This and Community are tied for my favourite show on just now and I don't think I've ever been more relieved when they announced it was getting a final season.
They actually did film two endings to the season finale, so if it didn't get renewed, Fringe was still going to get an ending. Still, I'm happy that we are getting 13 more episodes to wrap things up at a better pace.

Since I only watch this show on Blu-ray (can't stand the breaks Fox takes with the show), this release can't get here soon enough.
Last Bought: Sons of Anarchy: Season Six | The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season
Old 06-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

Nice, I hope we get some exclusives too.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Banned

Jun 2012
kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
Nice, I hope we get some exclusives too.
well i did not catch up the show on fox so i bought first 2 seasons on blu and 3rd is on it way so i would not buy this the day its out because i need to re-watch all episodes so it will take time so if there are exclusives i will not be happy because all the good stuf are not avilble for long and i am a little bit short on money recently so
Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
Power Member

Apr 2010
Out There

September can't get here quick enough for me
Old 06-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #10

Nov 2010
Wales, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
They actually did film two endings to the season finale, so if it didn't get renewed, Fringe was still going to get an ending. Still, I'm happy that we are getting 13 more episodes to wrap things up at a better pace.
False. The producers said they considered doing that, but they didn't actually film anything new.

The only thing that would have differed in episode 4.22 was that
[Show spoiler]September's warning to Walter would have been removed

And the cover for this is awful. They should have used this:

Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashetti View Post
And the cover for this is awful. They should have used this:
I disagree. Anna Torv does not even look like herself in that photo. Badly photoshopped.

Current favorite: 37°2 le matin (Director's Cut) *****
Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
Since I only watch this show on Blu-ray (can't stand the breaks Fox takes with the show), this release can't get here soon enough.
Same here! I wait a year for each season to be released and then watch the season in a week with my wife
Blind Buy Count: 213
PSN ID: cvm0305

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #13

Nov 2010
Wales, United Kingdom

Having watched 1GB 720p rips of the entire season, I can vouch that this is going to look very, very nice on Blu-Ray.

Each episode will be about 7-9GB.

According to IMDB they used a different camera for this season. There are a lot of close-ups that capture a lot of detail.

My only gripe is that they squash so many episodes onto one disc. Season 1 looked stunning because there was only 20 episodes and they spread it over 5 discs.

Seasons 2 and 3 had 22 episodes each and were squashed onto four discs. You can definitely see more compression artifacts.

I hope when we get Blu-Ray discs with more capacity on the mass-market that we get updated Fringe sets.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
I disagree. Anna Torv does not even look like herself in that photo. Badly photoshopped.
Same. I think that person is the only one who won't like the cover. It happens, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashetti View Post
Having watched 1GB 720p rips of the entire season, I can vouch that this is going to look very, very nice on Blu-Ray.

Each episode will be about 7-9GB.

According to IMDB they used a different camera for this season. There are a lot of close-ups that capture a lot of detail.

My only gripe is that they squash so many episodes onto one disc. Season 1 looked stunning because there was only 20 episodes and they spread it over 5 discs.

Seasons 2 and 3 had 22 episodes each and were squashed onto four discs. You can definitely see more compression artifacts.

I hope when we get Blu-Ray discs with more capacity on the mass-market that we get updated Fringe sets.
I agree that they put too many episodes on each disc, but there's no chance at all of ever getting these shows re-released on Blu-ray if they ever use higher capacity Blu-ray discs for actual releases. I'd say probably 99% of anyone who has bought these won't pay for it all over again just to get rid of compression artifacts.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #15

Nov 2010
Wales, United Kingdom

In regards to the cover, I dislike the muted colour, especially the Blu-Ray banner at the top, which I hope they fix for the release so it doesn't look out of place next to the others.

I also hate the distorted effect they've used. The only redeeming feature is the Observer silhouettes.

I wish they would use that poster I linked because I think it's time for the other three primary cast members to grace the cover too.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

I don't see anything wrong with the cover. It's very unlikely for WB to put more than the main cast on covers unless it's the final season.

The other mock up's banner is the same as the others. And it's not so washed out looking.

[Show spoiler]

Last edited by hardtosayx; 06-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #17

Nov 2008
Default Fringe season 4

I gotta say I cannot wait for this one does anyone know when it's release date is in the uk?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #18

Nov 2010
Wales, United Kingdom

I will admit that seeing it in that quality and with improved colour it does look much better.

Nothing tops the Season Three cover though, that was amazing.

Edit: This would make a good cover too:

Last edited by Vashetti; 06-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian w View Post
I gotta say I cannot wait for this one does anyone know when it's release date is in the uk?
September 24th

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fringe...Blu-ray/42149/
Old 08-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)

Any news on store exclusives?
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America