Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$154.73
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Golden Time: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$35.98
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
USA Rosemary's Baby (The Criterion Collection) - October 30, 2012

Rosemary's Baby Blu-ray

Rosemary's Baby Blu-ray Review

IMDB 8 Rotten Tomatoes 98%

Quote:

Director-approved special edition:

New high-definition digital restoration, approved by director Roman Polanski, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
New interviews with Polanski, actor Mia Farrow, and producer Robert Evans
Komeda, Komeda, a feature-length documentary on the life and work of jazz musician and composer Krzysztof Komeda, who wrote the score for Rosemary’s Baby
1997 radio interview with author Ira Levin from Leonard Lopate’s WNYC program New York and Company on the 1967 novel, the sequel, and the film
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Ed Park and Levin’s afterword for the 2003 New American Library edition of his novel, in which he discusses its and the film’s origins

Last edited by Akijama; 10-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

For cover art it would be hard to improve on this...

I'm more than a little surprised that Paramount isn't releasing it themselves but not at all surprised that Criterion jumped on it.

It's a perfect fit for them. It'll sell like crazy, it's an influential and important classic and they love Polanski.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross

Last edited by octagon; 06-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
England

This needs a BD release.....Now!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2010
Atlanta - SteelBooks™: 16

As a kid seeing this in the 70s, this movie freaked me out.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?! Why can't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
-Oddball

My Blu-ray and DVD collection
Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #5

Oct 2010
Los Angeles, CA

One of my favorite films. Can't wait for this.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!" - The Simpsons
Old 06-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

My favorite horror film. Will be one of the best Criterion titles this year. I can't wait. My guess is early October.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post

I'm more than a little surprised that Paramount isn't releasing it themselves but not at all surprised that Criterion jumped on it.

It's a perfect fit for them. It'll sell like crazy, it's an influential and important classic and they love Polanski.
Correct me if i'm wrong,but Criterion doesn't use original poster art that much these days, so this probably won't be an exception.

Quote:
It'll sell like crazy
True that.I think this will be among their top five sellers like..ever.Ca ching!Nicely played by Criterion.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

I turned six the summer this came out and distinctly remember seeing it at a drive-in. It definitely made an impression* because I badgered my grandfather into buying the paperback for me at a thrift store when I was ten or so.

It's one of my absolute favorite films and has been in the top five of my BD wishlist as long as I've had one. I would have been very happy with a Paramount release (they did a fine job with Chinatown) but seeing that newsletting clue in my inbox was definitely a welcome surprise.

* the only image to clearly stick with me from that first viewing was the
[Show spoiler]suicide. Even by kid standards it wasn't really overly graphic but I thought the impact had popped one of her eyes out. I must have always sort of reflexively glanced away during that scene because it was thirty years before I realized it was the charm laying (lying?) next to her
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 06-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akijama View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong,but Criterion doesn't use original poster art that much these days, so this probably won't be an exception.
They used the Saul Bass title work for their Anatomy of a Murder cover so it's hard to say. You also never know what restrictions/requirements Paramount might have put in place regarding the cover.

And if they don't use it for the cover I hope they'll at least use it for the menu backdrop.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

never seen this. ever.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:

Definately can't compete with classic artwork, when its good its good
Old 06-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
never seen this. ever.
its a horror classic. great ending.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by format916 View Post
its a horror classic. great ending.
[Show spoiler]I know what its about though. The devil gets her pregnant to have his son. Then at the end she likes the baby. Right?
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

Last edited by Michael Bay Fan; 06-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #14

Jul 2009
Warrington, PA

Wrong...it's about someone who doesn't care about spoiling a movie for everyone else who hasn't seen it yet.

Last edited by BluOrbit; 06-14-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
[Show spoiler]I know what its about though. The devil gets her pregnant to have his son. Then at the end she likes the baby.
Right?
Yes that's it,but come on,dude!Use spoiler tags

Last edited by Akijama; 06-13-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #16
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

It's a how many year old movie. So i thought everyone seen it. But I will go back and edit my post for spoilers.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #17
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

maybe stop quoting the spoiler too....
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
It's a how many year old movie. So i thought everyone seen it. But I will go back and edit my post for spoilers.
umm....

Quote:
never seen this. ever.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
umm....
Just cause I haven't seen it doesn't mean I don't know what it's about.

I've seen it on a tv show talking about 100 scariest movie moments and it was on there.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
maybe stop quoting the spoiler too....

Quote:
Thx,dude.Appreciate it

Last edited by Akijama; 06-13-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America