Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$95.78
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Gamera HD Bundle Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
America: Imagine the World Without Her (Blu-ray)
$13.28
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$45.22
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Default The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series - Image Nov 13

The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series Blu-ray

The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series Blu-ray review

Since there hasn't been a thread started yet for the news on the front page, I thought I would start so we can comment on it.

I am looking forward to it.

Here's the news
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9080

In the link that goes to Image's page, click on the down arrow on the red box on the right to see the part for Blu-ray.

It's going to be expensive, though. List:$349.98.

But if I can get it on Oct. 30th, the release date, I will watch the classic "It May Look Like A Walnut" episode the next night. Perfect for Halloween!

Last edited by MichaelR; 11-22-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Ummm.... wow. My jaw is dropped and will probably remain so until at least Monday morning. A must have... but so expensive!
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #3

Jun 2010
outside of San Francisco, CA

This is awesome! I would have never expected this in my wildest dreams. That price needs to go way down, though.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Wow!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Texas

I would love to own this classic TV series. I am sure I am not the only one who believes that TV comedys were much better then than they are now. This is a very funny show and one that you can watch with your kids, or in my case, your grandkids. Great news. I am sure the price will get down to less than 200 dollars.
Drink up, me arties, Yo Ho……

Sony KDSR70XBR2 70", Pioneer Elite BDP95FD Blu Ray player, Pioneer Elite VSX92THX Receiver, SVS 5.1 Speaker System: SVS MTS-01 (Left and Right), SVS MCS-01 (Center), SVS MBS-01 (Surrounds), SVS PB13 Ultra (Sub)
Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

A must have if we can get an amazon pre-order price of below $199.99 I will pre-order instantly.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Special Member

Feb 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

This is a delightful jaw-dropper. 99% of all Blu-ray releases are rumoured and hinted-at long in advance. This one is out of the blue (no pun intended).

I saw the news this morning and my first thought was, "Let's wait until somebody starts a thread and see how long it is before people complain about the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price".
Old 07-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskies View Post
But if I can get it on Oct. 30th, the release date, I will watch the classic "It May Look Like A Walnut" episode the next night. Perfect for Halloween!
And remember, blu....thumbs up!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
And remember, blu....thumbs up!
Nice reference!
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
This is a delightful jaw-dropper. 99% of all Blu-ray releases are rumoured and hinted-at long in advance. This one is out of the blue (no pun intended).

I saw the news this morning and my first thought was, "Let's wait until somebody starts a thread and see how long it is before people complain about the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price".
It isnt the MSRP Im concerned about.... it is the price of all the wonderful things that are coming out at the same time! I am in a serious predicament... I will likely have to choose between this or the Hitchcock set!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Power Member

Aug 2010

This is one that is fine on DVD for me. It's not like the Twilight Zone or Star Trek where there was a lot of location shooting and interesting cinematography. I don't need to have perfectly rendered houndstooth on suits and pores on the skin to appreciate this show completely.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Yeah, I'm a little in-between as well. It's a great show and should look great in HD buuuuuuuuut I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to part with for the upgrade.

That said, though, this is outstanding news. Given all the hand-wringing over the supposed death of the catalog market it's always nice to see signs that it's not only alive but apparently quite healthy.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #13
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

I have never seen this show at all...I feel out in the cold...
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #14

Dec 2011

This is such a good step in the right direction.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #15
Special Member

Jan 2011
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
If you like classic comedy you'll love this. Had the series on DVD but parted with it when I went Blu to raise cash. Definitely plan on getting it back on Blu though once the price comes down. As I watched the DVD's, frankly I was amazed at how well the show has held up after all these years although dated, always funny. Had a crush on Mary way back then as well ... very hot.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #16

Dec 2011

I really hope this will innovate more shows coming to Blu-Ray! Even those that were videotaped! I'd buy Carol Burnett, The Muppet Show, etc. on Blu-Ray! And I know up-converting would be the only thing possible, but still. Gotta support this format.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #17
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
If you like classic comedy you'll love this. Had the series on DVD but parted with it when I went Blu to raise cash. Definitely plan on getting it back on Blu though once the price comes down. As I watched the DVD's, frankly I was amazed at how well the show has held up after all these years although dated, always funny. Had a crush on Mary way back then as well ... very hot.
1. I love Classic TV.

2. MTM is dynamite.

I must watch some episodes.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 07-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #18
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
Oh, well, here ya go:

Or, being Image, it's on Instant Netflix, so go rent an episode at random. They're ALL good.
(Although it helps to start with "Don't Trip Over That Mountain", "The Curious Thing About Women", or "My Husband is Not a Drunk", in addition to said Walnut episode....Which latter is essential to know for TV history, on the level of Chuckles the Clown.)

This is, simply, the hippest, smartest sitcom ever to come out of the entire 60's--If all you're picturing of 60's Sitcoms is Bewitched, Hogan's Heroes, and Beverly Hillbillies, prepare to be knocked on your hinder, compared to any of today's "Office" or "30 Rock".
(And I'd easily put "The Flintstones" at second best with "Addams Family" a distant third.)

Last edited by EricJ; 07-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Best - episode - ever !

"Coast to Coast Big Mouth"

Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #20

Apr 2012

This is very appealing news, it's a shame that the price tag is so high but perhaps it will go on sale one day. I'm hoping they release Bewitched on Blu-ray soon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America