Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Default Friends With Kids - July 17th

Two best friends decide to have a child together while keeping their relationship platonic, so they can avoid the toll kids can take on romantic relationships.

Starring: Adam Scott, Jennifer Westfeldt, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig, Megan Fox, Chris O'Dowd, Jon Hamm
Director: Jennifer Westfeldt

I loved this movie! Saw it theatrically four times . I've been a huge fan of Jennifer Westfeldt ever since Kissing Jessica Stein (one of my all-time favorite romantic comedies) and have made it a point to see everything she does. Also loved Ira & Abby. I wish this movie had been picked up by, say, Universal, and given a wide release, since they employ most of the cast. After one of the times watching it a friend of mine said, "I can't believe this movie isn't huge." I doubt it would have been "huge," but I certainly think it could have done much better given a bigger push. They should have taken advantage of this cast, and the movie is a crowd-pleaser. I never once saw the trailer theatrically. Wait, that's not true. Funnily enough when I saw Snow White & The Huntsman this was the first trailer shown. But I mean before it was released. I did see several TV spots though.

Anyway, it's a very enjoyable movie. Definitely recommended. Needless to say I will be buying the Blu-ray, which is still shockingly overpriced on Amazon, along with the DVD. I imagine it will be cheaper at Best Buy, especially with U&S going on, so that's where I'll pick it up.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2010

does anybody know if the release comes with a slip sleeve?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

I'm guessing it won't, but hoping it will. I am betting the DVD will though. How shitty that we get punished for buying the Blu-ray.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #4

Nov 2008

Just an fyi, Target has an exclusive deluxe version that contains a dvd copy and additional special features (additional commentary and deleted scenes). Also, looks like a slipcover.

http://www.target.com/p/friends-with...t/-/A-14119253
Old 07-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCuze View Post
Just an fyi, Target has an exclusive deluxe version that contains a dvd copy and additional special features (additional commentary and deleted scenes). Also, looks like a slipcover.

If you look closely on the spine it shows the DVD logo only. It might be a DVD sized packaging
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:

Hmm, I tend to not go for exclusives unless it's a really big want of mine and I'm really just buying this because I'm a huge fan of Kristen Wiig and Jon Hamm and I like a lot of the rest of the cast.

The reviews were mediocre, so I'm pretty sure I'll just get this at BB with the trade in deal. Especially if it's more than $19.99.

But now I'll consider keeping an eye on this release, again because of Wiig. But if it's dvd-sized...forget about it. I'd only buy it if Kristen Wiig came inside of the box.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:

Damn it. Now I want that. We'll see how much they'll have it on sale for.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
Damn it. Now I want that. We'll see how much they'll have it on sale for.
You want it even if it's dvd sized packaging?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #9
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post

As long as it isn't a DVD I'm fine with it. The size is of no consequence. What I refuse to ouch is the Disney DVD nonsense with a BD inside.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #10
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:

Two best friends decide to have a child together while keeping their relationship platonic, so they can avoid the toll kids can take on romantic relationships.

Starring: Adam Scott, Jennifer Westfeldt, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig, Megan Fox, Chris O'Dowd, Jon Hamm
Director: Jennifer Westfeldt

I loved this movie! Saw it theatrically four times . I've been a huge fan of Jennifer Westfeldt ever since Kissing Jessica Stein (one of my all-time favorite romantic comedies) and have made it a point to see everything she does. Also loved Ira & Abby. I wish this movie had been picked up by, say, Universal, and given a wide release, since they employ most of the cast. After one of the times watching it a friend of mine said, "I can't believe this movie isn't huge." I doubt it would have been "huge," but I certainly think it could have done much better given a bigger push. They should have taken advantage of this cast, and the movie is a crowd-pleaser. I never once saw the trailer theatrically. Wait, that's not true. Funnily enough when I saw Snow White & The Huntsman this was the first trailer shown. But I mean before it was released. I did see several TV spots though.

Anyway, it's a very enjoyable movie. Definitely recommended. Needless to say I will be buying the Blu-ray, which is still shockingly overpriced on Amazon, along with the DVD. I imagine it will be cheaper at Best Buy, especially with U&S going on, so that's where I'll pick it up.
I'm confused Mike, but are you a chick? Just wondering, because I didn't think this movie would have any 'splosions in it. And going to see a chick flick 4 times theatrically??? I don't know any chicks that go see chick flicks that many times.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

I'm a 27 year-old male, but I am gay, so maybe that's why. LOL. Though I love all kinds of movies, with horror being my favorite genre (slashers in particular). I wouldn't say I love "chick flicks" unless they're better than the average one, which I felt this, as well as Westfeldt's other movies, were. It's not likely to be in my top 10 at the end of the year though. Seeing it that many times wasn't a huge deal for me. I've seen many movies 3 or even 4 times each theatrically (not to mention I often see three movies in one day). If I love something I'll see it more than once with different friends/family. Plus I bugged my theater to get this and they finally did a month after it was released so I wanted to support it as much as possible. They don't get a lot of smaller releases. The first time I saw it was in Minneapolis as I was visiting there the weekend it opened. Then I saw it three more times when it actually opened here. Crazy I know. The studio should just give me a Blu-ray copy for as much money as I've spent on it already . I'm not even in a big hurry to watch it again, I just know I do want to have it in my collection.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
I'm not positive it will be, despite how it looks from the picture on the Target site. But if it is I'd still get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
I doubt it. The majority of new Uni releases that have slipcovers are the combo pack releases.
This is actually a Lionsgate release. Can't recall if they ever have slipcovers. Pretty sure they don't usually, not for the Blu's anyway.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
I'm a 27 year-old male, but I am gay, so maybe that's why. LOL.
Well, I didn't want to make any assumptions, but I kind of figured as much.

But as far as going to films theatrically multiple times, I don't think I've done that since the initial 1983 release of Return of the Jedi. When I saw it 3 times with, like you said, different friends and family.

But seriously, I don't go to the theaters any more at all. My last film was Valkyrie, (before that it was LotR:TTT) and it reminded me why I don't go to theaters any more. Too many distractions with everybody else there, and "sticky floors".

Basically with the advent of DVDs and now BDs, I just don't see the need to go to the theaters any more. I figure that if I can wait years for a film to come out theatrically, I can wait another couple months for it to come out on disc. And with home viewing, I can control the quality of the picture and sound, unlike a theater where you really never know what you're going to get.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!

Last edited by Lincoln6Echo; 07-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

I need that slipcover, will probably buy the blu-ray in the future.
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

A year ago (June 2013), I saw Showgirls for the first time and it's changed my life.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Wow, the deluxe combo is going to be only $19.99, but the size of the dvd case in dimensions is the same as this combo, so that would be even more evidence that this is going to come in dvd packaging.

Once that gets confirmed officially, sadly, I'm going to pass.

The only good news is that if BB doesn't have it for $19.99, they'll match the Target price and I can get it for $14.99.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Power Member

Aug 2010

This will be a blind buy as the wife and I both want to see this.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Most likely rent this, seems like something that doesn't have alot of rewatch ability.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Hopefully someone can get their hands on the Target version soon; if it's in blu-ray packaging with that extra commentary, I'll pony up the extra $5 for it. A slipcover would be icing on the cake though.

edit:

Quote:
This is actually a Lionsgate release. Can't recall if they ever have slipcovers. Pretty sure they don't usually, not for the Blu's anyway.
I have 5 Lionsgate slips - Conspirator, Expendables, Kick-Ass, From Paris with Love & Haywire. I'm sure there more Lionsgate slips though.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

Last edited by Trace17; 07-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #19
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

Quote:
Lionsgate owns 60 US slipcovers. That should tell you something.
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #20
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Lionsgate had a slip for Pulp Fiction and Terminator 2.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America