Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
2 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
7 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #501

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
So you go on telling me how I think, because you know me oh so well. Or is your issue the same problem 95% of people on this site struggle with? Namely, you overemotionally identify with the movies you like, and thus to justify your purchases to yourself, must come down on anyone that says anything that you do not want to hear.

I am fine with you buying this for yourself, eastx. How about you show me the same respect in return.
It's just my judgment based on the evidence presented in this thread. I could tell you weren't going to get it (at least not at launch), so it seems the pieces fell into place.

It is okay for you not to buy the individual season of course, though naturally that's disappointing from a 'support future releases by voting with your wallet' perspective.
-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #502

Dec 2009

My local BB had 4 copies. Well 3 now.

Also happy to see the 1988 Reading Rainbow Special. I remember watching that when I was a kid.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #503

Jan 2008
Salt Lake City, UT

I received my copy from Amazon. Watching it now. Looks and sounds amazing!
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim 120GB
Sony BDP-5200
Sony BDP-S350
Sony BDP-S300
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #504

Oct 2006
Chicago

You can definitely tell the film stock changed in season 2. It's grainier but gives the show a more cinematic look and less video like. One episode down!! Gonna be a long wait for season 3!!!
Pioneer Kuro 6020-FD, Oppo BDP-93, Marantz SR-7005, Emotiva XPA-3, Klipsch RC-62 Center, Klipsch RF-62 L&R, Velodyne DLS-5000-R Subwoofer, Polk Audio Monitor 40 Surrounds, DarbeeVision Video Processor,TiVO Premier, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, Wii U, Apple TV

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-Sucker Punch
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #505
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Season 3 trailer now on Youtube, looks every bit as good as I hoped.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #506
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Season 3 trailer now on Youtube, looks every bit as good as I hoped.
Oh it's good. It's damn good!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #507
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

yeah, just saw it over at trekcore.com. awesome

I never really noticed it before but i love how Picard's skin is already turning grey when we see Locutus on the viewscreen for the first time. that really jumped out at me. next season is going to be the one where things really start to kick in.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #508
Special Member

Nov 2009

This is the shot I was referring to earlier when I was talking about the grain.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #509
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Better grain than dnr imho.

Love the season 3 trailer. I'm not a huge Q fan, but that last bit made me laugh.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #510

Jun 2011

I notice that the episode listing/descriptions is part of the sleeve again. That is one of the things that truly annoyed me for season 1.

Is it too much to ask/expect to package a small booklet giving this information?

Last edited by Hobbun; 12-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #511

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMind View Post
I received my copy from Amazon. Watching it now. Looks and sounds amazing!
Supposedly HTV made some mistakes with certain shots in this set, such as elements being incorrectly layered, shots being misframed, etc. I don't know if it's just nitpicking or anything significant, but I was wondering if you'd spotted anything that wasn't done correctly. My copy is on its way and I'm really looking forward to not seeing those horrible wood grain panels from S1 in HD on the bridge.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #512
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

that was what i loved about "The Child" - it was almost an entire reboot of the series. sets were changed a little, people changed their appearance, etc. it felt like you had been away for while but the Trek universe just kept going while you were away. that whole opening sequence is sort of "yeah, we're back for a second season. bet you never thought it would happen."

Brilliantly acclaimed episode - someone smashed too many ideas into that sentence unless the reviews of the episode were actually brilliant.
and as for the Borg being the most omnipotent villain - huh?
They both sound good until they actually sink in and then you start scratching your head.

Last edited by blonde_devil; 12-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #513
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbess View Post
Better grain than dnr imho.
I think the reason why it bothered me (or why it seemed so apparent) is because one moment you see the grainy far shot and the next it is a very clear and detailed close up of one of the actors, then back to the grainy far shot.

Luckily this only happens a few times in the beginning of the episode. Ironically this bothers me more then the exterior shots everyone seems to be in an uproar about.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #514
Expert Member

Oct 2011

Agreed Dasretrokid. Im not into too much grain myself. The movie 300 really bothered me. At least in the beginning. The exterior shot is short lived, but grain like that is gonna be in my face...
4K? Really? Why? 720P looks pretty good projected @ 120"!!! I haven't seen 1080P(projected), but I imagine it's GREAT!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #515
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Colorado, USA
-

Wow.......

As I mentioned yesterday, my copy from Amazon shows as shipped, but there's no tracking activity. When I contacted them yesterday, they just told me to give it a few more days. I wasn't satisfied with that answer as I ordered for release date delivery with Prime months ago. So I went to Best Buy and bought it there.

I sent another email to Amazon today just asking for a refund and that I would return the set if/when it shows up. They responded quickly stating that they are processing a full refund of $79.99 (which was the preorder price at the time) and that when the set arrives, I don't need to return it....just keep it for the inconvenience! WAAAAAY above and beyond customer service! Of course, if the set does show up, I will return it to Best Buy with the receipt from yesterday.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #516
Expert Member

Oct 2011

SOunds like Amazon cares about customers more than Walmart.com. They more or less said they don't price match, except with other walmart stores. Pretty pathetic really...I guarantee they're making a stupid amount of profit. Sickening!

So go ahead and keep price gouging walmart. Good luck taking advantage of intelligent people. Once people realize they've been stiffed, they'll shop elsewhere. Groceries, I have little choice but to shop there, but you'll receive nothing more for tech. I've pretty much known this for some time though. Online shopping is pretty much the only option for my area
4K? Really? Why? 720P looks pretty good projected @ 120"!!! I haven't seen 1080P(projected), but I imagine it's GREAT!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #517
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Amazon is awesome when it comes to customer service. Finally ordered the Metropolis bluray but when it arrived, the disc was missing. emailed them and they sent me out a new one right away, priority shipping. would have had it within 2 days if it wasn't for some bad weather. ordered mine through there.

checked out walmart yesterday and of cource, no copies of it for sale. considering the first season sold their first month's estimate in the first week, you would think walmart would be smart enough to try and get some of that cash. guess not. hopefully mine is here for the weekend.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #518
Expert Member

Oct 2011

Our Walmart is REALLLY bad about inventory. Would not surprise me if ours does not have TNG season 2. Which is fine. I'm sure it's overpriced deluxe...

I may run into town, just to check LOL!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #519
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Once people realize they've been stiffed, they'll shop elsewhere. Groceries, I have little choice but to shop there, but you'll receive nothing more for tech.
I buy some groceries on Amazon as well - you save a ton that way, especially with subscribe and save. I laugh at the prices Stop and Shop or Star Market charge for espresso or coffee pods - I get them for roughly 33 cents each on Amazon.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #520

Apr 2011

When is the absolute latest someone has gotten a pre-order price guarantee email from Amazon? I haven't gotten one yet and am hesitant to call, because the last couple times I have the guarantee email arrives and I end up getting a double rebate. I don't like taking advantage of a company that's been awesome to me in the past... so I'm curious. Thanks!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America