COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
TerrorVision / The Video Dead (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Step Up All In (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
Default Wall mount for 50 inch plasma

soooo, got the new Panny TC-50pu54 from Costco (50 inch plasma, 60 lb's).... I've never used a wall mount. Don't need anything fancy, but need something sturdy. Any recommendations on a good simple wallmount ???
Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
soooo, got the new Panny TC-50pu54 from Costco (50 inch plasma, 60 lb's).... I've never used a wall mount. Don't need anything fancy, but need something sturdy. Any recommendations on a good simple wallmount ???
You will need something to hold 60 and + LB , you can have strait ones tilt ones , my advise is make sure that it is well installed in your wall , use the right screws and make really sure that it is really tight .

I toke 100 lb weight and tried before i put my tv up .

BTW my wall mount only cost me $40 and it's the same as this Monoprice model .

Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
Power Member

Apr 2008

From what I have read on here, the mounts from monoprice.com are very good bang for your buck.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...09&cp_id=10828
46' Sammy 550 LCD
60gb PS3
HD-DVD A2
Sony 5.1 Surround System
Old 07-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

very nice. I was worried I'd have to spend $150-$250 for a decent mount... if the mono price mount's are sturdy that's a definite deal!!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Quote:
very nice. I was worried I'd have to spend $150-$250 for a decent mount... if the mono price mount's are sturdy that's a definite deal!!
i can't remember which model i got....but you can do a live chat w/a tech on monoprice....give them the model # and they'll tell you which mount will work.

i think mine ended up being $35.

if i remember right, they send lag bolts to use when hanging the mount.

i found 2 studs to anchor into and think i used a couple anchors as well in the drywall only areas just to make sure it held.

my tv has been up for almost 2 years now w/no problems.

word of advise, if you get a low profile mount....make sure you get some 90 degree connectors as well for your hdmi and any other cables as well. i ruined a cable trying to bend it and fit it behind the tv.
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
i can't remember which model i got....but you can do a live chat w/a tech on monoprice....give them the model # and they'll tell you which mount will work.

i think mine ended up being $35.

if i remember right, they send lag bolts to use when hanging the mount.

i found 2 studs to anchor into and think i used a couple anchors as well in the drywall only areas just to make sure it held.

my tv has been up for almost 2 years now w/no problems.

word of advise, if you get a low profile mount....make sure you get some 90 degree connectors as well for your hdmi and any other cables as well. i ruined a cable trying to bend it and fit it behind the tv.
yeah, that mount they linked at the beginning was the most expensive one and is about $35 shipped. think I'm gonna go with that one.

as for the right angle connectors.... good advice, I'll grab a couple of those sine I know I'll need em.

talked to the monoprice rep and he recommended THIS one...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

since I wanted it as low profile as possible he said that getting the more expensive ones wasn't a big deal since my TV is only 60 lbs and this one won't even come CLOSE to maxing out the mount's weight capacity

I know I'm being paranoid but I MAY get this one

since it's supposedly made of thicker steel even though it sticks out from the wall a bit more.

Last edited by wormraper; 07-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Feb 2007
Lynchburg,VA

Quote:

since it's supposedly made of thicker steel even though it sticks out from the wall a bit more.
This is the one I have for my 50" Panasonic...you will be fine.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

Quote:
yeah, that mount they linked at the beginning was the most expensive one and is about $35 shipped. think I'm gonna go with that one.

as for the right angle connectors.... good advice, I'll grab a couple of those sine I know I'll need em.

talked to the monoprice rep and he recommended THIS one...

since I wanted it as low profile as possible he said that getting the more expensive ones wasn't a big deal since my TV is only 60 lbs and this one won't even come CLOSE to maxing out the mount's weight capacity

I bought THIS one.

I was wrong…mine was only $18!!

And I have a 50” panny plasma as well.

it's not like they are a fortune and i've only ever heard good things about the mounts from monoprice.
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

sweet.. I think I'll go for the $27.11 ($36 shipped) since it's only about $10 difference shipped between it and the cheaper one. thanks for the info guys

Last edited by wormraper; 07-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

well, I grabbed this one

installed it on my wall in about 1/2 an hour. 2 bolts onto each stud like the directions said. hot DAMN are those big screws. 1/2 inch threaded 4 inch long bolts. I think that will hold an elephant let alone a 60 lb tv lol. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Norway

Quote:
hot DAMN are those big screws. 1/2 inch threaded 4 inch long bolts. I think that will hold an elephant let alone a 60 lb tv lol. Thanks for the advice guys.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I haven't put my TV on the wall, but if I did, I would buy a mount that could handle double the weight of my TV, just to be sure, since I just picture it falling down and breaking.

Last edited by Prim; 08-03-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim View Post
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I haven't put my TV on the wall, but if I did, I would buy a mount that could handle double the weight of my TV, just to be sure, since I just picture it falling down and breaking.
lol, yeah, I'm paranoid about that too. that's why I got their heaviest duty one that can hold a 165 lbs. that should hold a 60 lb tv pretty easily . I'm just happy with the results. looks much much cleaner now that it's wall mounted.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Norway

Quote:
lol, yeah, I'm paranoid about that too. that's why I got their heaviest duty one that can hold a 165 lbs. that should hold a 60 lb tv pretty easily . I'm just happy with the results. looks much much cleaner now that it's wall mounted.
That's one that can hold a lot, I think it will serve you well.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

great to hear worm!! any pix?? q

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs