Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Girl Hunters (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Power Member

Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA
Best Buy The Terminator Anthology

The Terminator Anthology Blu-ray

Seen this posted in the latest news section for today and wanted to get some dialogue going. Maybe we could get some info on transfer and packaging or overall thought on double-triple dipping or more. I only own Salvation on BD so packaging and transfer are my buying factors. Lets talk Terminator Anthology Best Buy Exclusive folks!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9233

picture courtesy of HDDigest via GaragePoet link:
[Show spoiler]
"Any movie strong enough to give birth to an entire genre should be viewed as a masterpiece." - Quenton Watts

Last edited by Deciazulado; 08-25-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Probably just a repackage of the current discs. I'd like a US rerelease of the first film....
Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Day One buy for me.

I love the Terminator films and I love Blu-Ray collections even more, especially when they're store exclusive.

I typically buy DVDs, but I will buy Blu-Ray movies for some films that I enjoy or deserve to be seen in Blu-Ray. I usually buy all the exclusive SteelBooks (whether it be Best Buy Exclusive or through Amazon Canada) as well as the DigiBooks (whenever I find a sale).
Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Power Member

Oct 2009

Just what the world has been waiting for... more repackaged Terminator BDs!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

If this ends up offering a remaster of either/both of the first two films, I'll be in quite a quandry as to whether to buy it or not. For me, T3 and T4 do not exist but, man, would I kill for remasterings of the James Cameron films!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #6

May 2010
Knoxville, TN

If the discs are indeed new releases, and not just a repackaging of older releases, count me in!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanasaurus0077 View Post
If the discs are indeed new releases, and not just a repackaging of older releases, count me in!
Agreed!
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Kind of a short notice considering it's coming out in less than a month. I don't really expect anything new about this, but I do think it'll come in some sort of interesting packaging to tempt people to buy it
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Kind of a short notice considering it's coming out in less than a month. I don't really expect anything new about this, but I do think it'll come in some sort of interesting packaging to tempt people to buy it
the big is that they are together for the first time. they are owned by differnt companies. mgm owns the rights to terminator 1. liongates owns t2, and warner bros owns both t3 and t4. who knows if it will have anything more extra on it or not.

Jacob
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
Power Member

Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Packaging! If anything this maybe a nice trading chip considering its a store exclusive and may not be widely available. If anything I would pick one up for later sale or barter.
"Any movie strong enough to give birth to an entire genre should be viewed as a masterpiece." - Quenton Watts
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

why wouldn't this be the remastered version?

release date very close to remastered releases in uk and europe
Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Power Member

Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
why wouldn't this be the remastered version?

release date very close to remastered releases in uk and europe
Now that is great news, I didnt even realize that the play and germany versions were remastered. Now thats something to think about!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB0967 View Post
I typically buy DVDs
Why would you do that? If you have a BD player, why would you buy an obsolete format, no matter what the film. And not to mention a lot of BD releases have a DVD copy included.

I haven't bought a DVD since I upgraded to Blu in Fall '09...and yes, that means I've passed on a lot of potential TV releases that I might have gotten had they been in Blu.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln6Echo View Post
Why would you do that? If you have a BD player, why would you buy an obsolete format, no matter what the film. And not to mention a lot of BD releases have a DVD copy included.

I haven't bought a DVD since I upgraded to Blu in Fall '09...and yes, that means I've passed on a lot of potential TV releases that I might have gotten had they been in Blu.
I understand that, but it's just what I do. They're typically cheaper and the quality doesn't really bother me. I'm used to it lol.

I have some Blu-Rays though, mostly consisting of Best Buy / Canada SteelBooks and DigiBooks. I have a few collections coming in soon that I ordered on sale and I have a few movies in mind for Blu-Ray when they come out.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Power Member

Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln6Echo View Post

Cmon, you have to respect DVDs even Blu-ray's will be obsolete one day. I still buy both by the way! But this is not the thread for this. Lets talk more Arnie and Worthy! T-1000s and Exos baby!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
Special Member

Sep 2011
San Diego

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7495...anthology.html

i think the price will determine how badly i want this, as i'd never purchase the 3rd or 4th film on their own...

also, the special features on the original "Terminator" which weren't included on the first BD release lead me to believe this will be the remastered version everybody's waiting for...
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
Power Member

Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7495...anthology.html

i think the price will determine how badly i want this, as i'd never purchase the 3rd or 4th film on their own...

also, the special features on the original "Terminator" which weren't included on the first BD release lead me to believe this will be the remastered version everybody's waiting for...
Picture added above! Thanks for the info & link!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #18
Expert Member

Jan 2010

do the other terminator 2 blu-rays feature all 3 cuts of the movie?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

I'm confused. Why 5 discs?
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

All the special features listed are already on the individual releases.

The fifth disc is because Salvation was a 2-disc set. This is clearly just repackaging.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America