Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #41
besi besi is offline
Senior Member
 
besi's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
SIN CITY
9
77
Default

for 19.99$ or less I'm in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #42
slimdude slimdude is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

Isn't it too late to release a Terminator Anthology, since all the movies have been release on blu-ray for years now? Everybody should already have all the Terminator movies on blu-ray in their collection, if they wanted them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #43
Grim Reaper Grim Reaper is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania
984
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Isn't it too late to release a Terminator Anthology, since all the movies have been release on blu-ray for years now? Everybody should already have all the Terminator movies on blu-ray in their collection, if they wanted them.
It's good for people that are just upgrading to blu-ray.
Posts: 11,600 4/16/2014 Wed.
PS3/PS4/Vita: GrimReaper4383
360/Xbone: CMaggotbone
Trophy 6,100 4/15/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 3 games twitter facebook
My Blu-Ray Collection My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
Bluprint Bluprint is offline
Power Member
 
Bluprint's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA
90
669
319
29
114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retablo View Post
The remasters of French Connection and Wall Street were Best Buy exclusives. So it's 100% possible, based by past actions.
Great points, Im a lot more hopeful now!
"Any movie strong enough to give birth to an entire genre should be viewed as a masterpiece." - Quenton Watts
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
Nailwraps Nailwraps is offline
Expert Member
 
Jun 2012
215
681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
It's good for people that are just upgrading to blu-ray.
Or for people who want the whole Terminator series and don't have to waste time getting them individually!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #46
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Expert Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
628
254
23
Default

again, i'm not 100% sure that T1 is the much-anticipated remastered edition, but the fact that it contains all the special features from the DVD that were never ported over to the original BD release leads me to believe that this is indeed the new definitive version... w/ release being just a few weeks away, hopefully we'll get some specs soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #47
I KEEL YOU I KEEL YOU is offline
Power Member
 
I KEEL YOU's Avatar
 
May 2011
188
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
again, i'm not 100% sure that T1 is the much-anticipated remastered edition, but the fact that it contains all the special features from the DVD that were never ported over to the original BD release leads me to believe that this is indeed the new definitive version... w/ release being just a few weeks away, hopefully we'll get some specs soon.
It doesn't even need to be remastered exactly to be clearly better than the first release. Just re-encoded on an AVC codec instead of the primitive MPEG2 of the first release. This, along with a higher bit rate and all the extras, would be reason enough to double dip. But obviously, a new master would be even better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
83
Default

Original mono on the first Terminator or GTFO.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
paper tiger paper tiger is offline
Senior Member
 
paper tiger's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Carlisle, PA USA
1158
15
85
1
Default



I'm sure Best Buy will charge too much, however if there is a new transfer for T1 I will pick up without a doubt.


http://insidepulse.com/2012/08/01/th...buy-exclusive/
"You're a f***ing ugly b***h. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood." ~Patrick Bateman

SONY BRAVIA 55", 240Hz, 3D LED-LCD HDTV ~ OPPO BDP-103 ~ 7.2 ONKYO TX-NR809 Receiver ~ Klipsch Speakers

Wanted Blu's: The Abyss, Panic Room, Stay, True Lies, The Jacket.
Fav Blu's: Inception, Blade Runner, Bond 50, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Game.

Last edited by paper tiger; 08-01-2012 at 06:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
Grim Reaper Grim Reaper is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania
984
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Or for people who want the whole Terminator series and don't have to waste time getting them individually!
good point
Posts: 11,600 4/16/2014 Wed.
PS3/PS4/Vita: GrimReaper4383
360/Xbone: CMaggotbone
Trophy 6,100 4/15/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 3 games twitter facebook
My Blu-Ray Collection My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #51
iamlilc iamlilc is offline
Senior Member
 
iamlilc's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Canada
19
301
13
24
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper tiger View Post


I'm sure Best Buy will charge too much, however if there is a new transfer for T1 I will pick up without a doubt.


http://insidepulse.com/2012/08/01/th...buy-exclusive/
Looks pretty slick. I'm hoping it folds together so that it's in the correct order though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #52
Bluprint Bluprint is offline
Power Member
 
Bluprint's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Westside, ATL, GA
90
669
319
29
114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlilc View Post
Looks pretty slick. I'm hoping it folds together so that it's in the correct order though.
It looks like the digipak is turned on the back side to show the art but I think it will be a Game of Thrones: Season One box set type of fold job.
"Any movie strong enough to give birth to an entire genre should be viewed as a masterpiece." - Quenton Watts
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #53
Blu Reaper Blu Reaper is offline
Active Member
 
Blu Reaper's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Jusleff, Columbia
20
517
221
15
1
USA O Yeah

It's Comeing Home Baby Where It Belongs!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #54
Coligion Coligion is offline
Active Member
 
Coligion's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
USA
175
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Original mono on the first Terminator or GTFO.
Amen to that!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #55
mayday72 mayday72 is offline
Power Member
 
mayday72's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
3
40
Default

How is it that with only 2 weeks till release no information about a Terminator remaster and the price of this set has been released anywhere ? I want details, this is making me nuts
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #56
roseart roseart is offline
Active Member
 
roseart's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday72 View Post
How is it that with only 2 weeks till release no information about a Terminator remaster and the price of this set has been released anywhere ? I want details, this is making me nuts
I agree. This makes no sense that it would not even be on the website yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #57
MTRodaba2468 MTRodaba2468 is offline
Special Member
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Western Kentucky
1
1221
Default

I have T2 and Salvation. I plan on waiting for the remastered T1. I may get around to picking up T3 eventually...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
1200 Blu-Rays as of 4/1/14: Persona: Criterion Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #58
mayday72 mayday72 is offline
Power Member
 
mayday72's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
3
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
I have T2 and Salvation. I plan on waiting for the remastered T1. I may get around to picking up T3 eventually...
Yeah but rumors are flowing that this set has the remaster of Terminator. So I'm just waiting to hear for sure. If it does I'm at BBY first thing that Tuesday morning (price pending of course)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #59
Cortiz Cortiz is offline
Special Member
 
Cortiz's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Sunshine State
192
Default

It occurs to me that if this was in fact a new T1 remaster, wouldn't you think that the studio would have advertised it already as such? I mean, after all this is Terminator we are talking here.....Total Recall it's not on the same level (as far as popularity) as the Terminator series and ever since Lionsgate announced the Mind Bending Edition, their main selling point was the director's approved remastered picture. So, at his point, if the Studios/Best Buy has not made any comments whatsoever on the details of this box set, I just don't think it will contain a remastered edition of any of the Terminator films. Also, if there is indeed a new T1 remaster, where is James Cameron in all of this? Has he said anything about a new remaster?

Last edited by Cortiz; 08-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #60
mayday72 mayday72 is offline
Power Member
 
mayday72's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
3
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
I occurs to me that if this was in fact a new T1 remaster, wouldn't you think that the studio would have advertised it already as such? I mean, after all this is Terminator we are talking here.....Total Recall it's not on the same level (as far as popularity) as the Terminator series and ever since Lionsgate announced the Mind Bending Edition, their main selling point was the director's approved remastered picture. So, at his point, if the Studios/Best Buy has not made any comments whatsoever on the details of this box set, I just don't think it will contain a remastered edition of any of the Terminator films. Also, if there is indeed a new T1 remaster, where is James Cameron in all of this? Has he said anything about a new remaster?
Unfortunately I'm sure ur right. And BBY will probably come up with some off the wall price point anyway like $59.99 or something ridiculous like that. And that's only if they even carry it in stores. Might be an online only exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51 AM.