Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Default Is there a master list of Blu's that come with HD digital copies?

Looking for a master list of HD Digital copies included with Blu's.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy71 View Post
Looking for a master list of HD Digital copies included with Blu's.
It's called UltraViolet and why would you even want HD Digital Copy crap when you have the Blu-ray disc in the first place?
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Power Member

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
It's called UltraViolet and why would you even want HD Digital Copy crap when you have the Blu-ray disc in the first place?
what kind of question is this?

do iPads, phones play blu-ray discs? i didn't know you were able to put a disc inside of a iPad.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #4

Dec 2008
Missouri

For me I like it when the hdx copy is included in vudu. I'll be laying in bed not wanting to get up after not wanting to watch whatever the 99 cent movie of the day is. So I just browse over to my digital collection and choose something. Is the blu ray better? Of course. Is it worth getting out of bed just to watch something I'm trying to fall asleep to. Nah
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->90 SteelBooks™--------->134 UV-------->283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahleb View Post
what kind of question is this?

do iPads, phones play blu-ray discs?
i didn't know you were able to put a disc inside of a iPad.
They do. I explained how easy it was in another thread to make a digital copy from the BD that is uncompressed. All you need is a way to play .m2ts files and an portable external hard drive.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #6

Dec 2008
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
They do. I explained how easy it was in another thread to make a digital copy from the BD that is uncompressed. All you need is a way to play .m2ts files and an portable external hard drive.
I'm not an expert or anything so this is just a question. Wouldn't it take up a lot of the iPads or iPhones memory to do that? Digital copies take up enough as it is.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #7

Dec 2008
Missouri

Ah I guess that's what the portable external hard drive is for. I'm an idiot.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->90 SteelBooks™--------->134 UV-------->283

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksondco View Post
Ah I guess that's what the portable external hard drive is for. I'm an idiot.
You're not an idiot. Most people just don't think about using portable external hard drives as a way to watch BDs without the discs. All you need besides the hard drive is a way to play the .m2ts file. VLC is what I usually recommend to people because it's free, but doesn't contain the features of some of the ones you can purchase such as PowerDVD.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2011
chicago, il

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
You're not an idiot. Most people just don't think about using portable external hard drives as a way to watch BDs without the discs. All you need besides the hard drive is a way to play the .m2ts file. VLC is what I usually recommend to people because it's free, but doesn't contain the features of some of the ones you can purchase such as PowerDVD.
Yea I am kind of new to this stuff but I planned on using a program for mac I forgot what it was but it converts bluray to an MKV then you use handbrake to convert it to an MP4 primarily good for Apple TV. The first thing I had in mind when I started doing this was to start a media center. I order a 2TB hard drive from glyph and I am gonna plug this into my router so I have access across the network with it. Then eventually I want to get a secondary computer so I don't have to leave my mac on and I can have my 2nd computer just as an iTunes server(I don't know if this is the right term) all the time and just run it through there.

I am new to this digital copy stuff as I have alway had a sh*t computer until I got this mac. And buying apple TV now I have become a bit more interested in the whole iTunes thing. I just opened an account like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am downloading my first 2 movies Hunger Games and Jaws now.

My question is can I download/redeem this more than once. I know you can't do it like 10 times but I remember reading something about like 3 downloads allowed or something like that. Or am I mixing this up with Ultraviolet.

Another question is this gonna be in my iTunes account if I some how say lose or erase it can I just go back and re-download it?

However now that I see how easy and kind of cool this is. I think I may need a bigger hard drive. I am putting all my dvd's on it and now I think I am gonna redeem a lot of my iTunes DCs. Now if they are expired do I just email them for a new code and send them the old code to prove it was not redeemed or are those just lost?

Thank You for your help.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

The only movies I know of that come with HD digital copies are Jaws and The Hunger Games.
Last Bought: American Horror Story: Coven, The Walking Dead: Season 4, Detention, The Toxic Avenger Future Purchases: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Game of Thrones: Season 4, Gone Girl, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4, Hannibal: Season 2, True Blood: Season 7.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #11

Jul 2012
Philippines

mmmmmm, this gives me an idea, Blu-Ray portable hard drive
Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim.davidd View Post
mmmmmm, this gives me an idea, Blu-Ray portable hard drive
Is that not what I said?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #13

Oct 2010

The newly released True Blood seasons have HD Digital copies
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #14

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
um, Ipad 3
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #15

Dec 2008
Missouri
Default Vudu ultraviolet

To your original question this is what I have that I've transferred to UVV using Vudu. Some cases using flixter

HDX
Big Bang Theory Season 1 and 2
Hunger Games
Drive
Girl with Dragon Tattoo
Moneyball
Transformers ROTF
Footloose
Hugo
Adventures of TinTin

HD
Lorax
Jaws
21 Jump Street
American Reunion

SD
American Pie 1&2
Bourne Identity
Ray
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Safe House
Ghost Protocol
Hangover 2
Crazy Stupid Love
Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #16

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

What is the difference between HDX and HD for UV copies?

I sold my soul to the Apple machine long ago, so I stick to iTunes...

Jaws and Hunger Games did come with HD iTunes digital copies.
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Rhoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySlasher View Post
What is the difference between HDX and HD for UV copies?

I sold my soul to the Apple machine long ago, so I stick to iTunes...

Jaws and Hunger Games did come with HD iTunes digital copies.
HD is just standard streaming HD like Netflix.

HDX as detailed on VUDU's website is as follows:

HDX - The Benchmark for On-Demand Picture Quality

VUDU delivers movies in HDX™ - the groundbreaking video format that delivers the highest quality true High Definition 1080p content available from any Internet, broadcast or satellite on-demand service.
Experience HDX

o True Cinematic Experience -HDX movies are displayed in 1080p at 24 frames per second, the true cinematic gold standard.

o 2X the Resolution -Ultra-detailed and virtually artifact free on any size of TV screen, HDX movies are displayed at twice the resolution of other Internet HD video formats.

o Immersive High Resolution Sound -HDX technology delivers the best available surround sound quality for Internet delivered movies with immersive, high resolution sound at a 40% higher bit-rate than standard surround sound DVD's.

o Optimized for Larger HDTVs -VUDU's unique TruFilm™ technology optimizes the encoding, transmission and display of HDX movies on 40-inch HDTVs and larger Home Theater screens.

What is TruFilm?

VUDU's unique TruFilm™ technology is at the core of the HDX's groundbreaking picture quality. TruFilm technology optimizes the encoding, transmission, and display of HDX movies on HDTVs and larger Home Theater screens using the following technologies:

• Psychovisual Processing
Improves picture quality by enhancing details in dark areas of the picture, virtually removing the dark area artifacts typical of Internet movies.

• Film Grain Preservation
Improves the cinematic experience by ensuring that the displayed picture remains true to the fine optical texture of the original film.

• Statistical Variable Bitrate
Ensures optimal video quality throughout the film by allocating a higher encoding budget to high detail and high motion segments of the film, while preserving the ability to stream it over the Internet.

• Color Gradient Processing
A unique technology used to tune the picture for optimal display on modern LCD and Plasma televisions.

Why they touch upon, but don't specifically mention is that HDX audio is encoded with Dolby Digital Plus
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

PlayStation Network ID (PS4, PS3 and Vita) / Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): RhoqSolidEnt
Old 09-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #18

Jul 2012
by the beach

did the new lorax come with a digital copy HD?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America