COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #221

Jan 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgame View Post
Let's get the other movies released already. I can't think of one reason why they would not release them. Let's also get Phantasm V moving along. There is definitely interest in another film, and with CGI today someone could come up with some cool effects with the spheres.
As long as the CGI isn't like scifi channel movies.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #222
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
Someone stated in the main Scream thread that Shout was trying to work out a deal with Anchor Bay
I'm pretty sure that was just BS.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #223
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I get the feeling there isn't a whole lot of other stuff coming from Shout for the remainder of the year, not that there's anything wrong with that since they have quite a few titles forthcoming. But anyone wishing/hoping for a flood of new announcements I think will be disappointed. Now, 2014 is another story. Personally, I don't want to think that far ahead - I want to enjoy what's coming out now.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #224

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpw50 View Post
As long as the CGI isn't like scifi channel movies.
I wonder if using a model of a real sphere would have better results and have a retro look like the first movie. With imaginations today they could come up with some cool results.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #225
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom1 View Post
It's during the universal logo, the movie title, and the beginning of the first scene. But exactly the same (and maybe slightly worse) on the DVD. Its like someone's recording it with a camera and the camera is moving slightly. So given its on both, I can live with it.
That sounds like telecine wobble from before the era of pin-registered film scanners.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #226
Blu-ray reviewer

Aug 2009
-

Phantasm II Blu-ray Review
Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #227
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

When I read reviews I want to know about the PQ and the extras - leave the opinions of the films to the viewers.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #228
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Agreed.

Also. how did this only get a 3.5 for extras!? It's stacked, including a commentary, an almost 1 hour documentary, deleted and work print scenes, a short film, a few other featurettes, trailers, still galleries, ect. This is a 4.5-5 if I've ever seen one.
The extras are at least worthy of a 4.0.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #229

Sep 2012

I think reviews should be about the video, audio and extras. A movie score makes no sense to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #230
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

Screencaps look fantastic.

Is the telecine wobble inherent to the original HD scan or an "external", additional fault of the compression/downscaling related to the BD release?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #231
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Redding, CA

I personally like the synopsis for the film but I don't need to hear personal opinion of the film because people will always differ in views of a picture. But then again, we live in America. Freedom of speech works two ways. They can say whatever they would like and so can I . We at least also can hear anothers take on a film and decide for ourselves what we think and so on. I myself have an open mind and I love reading other sides on a movie. I might not agree but so be it. Some people have a more, for lack of a better word, narrow minded view and only hold up a liking for more realistic film, or original, or artsy, outside of Hollywood, etc. I find it hilarious how peopld would critique say PROMETHEUS for its flaws but turn around and rave on about countless other oddball 70's ,80's films with far more plot holes then can be counted. The reviews I do love on this website but their logic in the extras rating is not always consistent. Every other disc that has an review with only a trailer for an extra will get 1 star. But a loaded disc with everything( commentary, documentary, etc.)can get a 3-3.5, turn around and a Criterion with half that and not involving key players from the film can get a 4.5 -5. Opinions differ and it can get annoying but oh well. Thanks for the review. I, like many others, will be enjoying this bluray next Tuesday and the review won't deter us from doing so.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #232
Power Member

Aug 2010

6 more days.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #233
Expert Member

Jun 2012

I'm looking at the screenshots and they don't look that bad, they look fine.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #234
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

I love the movie and series, and to me, only my opinion matters as opposed to any review. Just my thought on that. to me reviews are good for pq, aq and extra content... Opinions on the film are best left to people buying it...and I used to be a reviewer.
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #235
Power Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
The extras are at least worthy of a 4.0.
Glad to see you quoted soem of what I said. No clue why the mods deleted my post but I stand by what I said.

They almsot always give Criterion releases a 4.5-5 for extras even when there is barely anything on them, while this disc is completely stacked (Really what more could you ask for?) and it gets a 3.5. They should get a different reviewer for Scream Factory's discs, as it just isn't people on this forum who have been complaining about the reviews for their discs on here. Just because the reviewer doesn't like the film, or genre in general for that matter, it should't affect the rest of the reviews scores.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #236
Power Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I love the movie and series, and to me, only my opinion matters as opposed to any review. Just my thought on that. to me reviews are good for pq, aq and extra content... Opinions on the film are best left to people buying it...and I used to be a reviewer.
I agree with this. The problem is this reviewer lets his thoughts on the film affect the scores he gives for the PQ, AQ, and extras.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #237
Banned

Jan 2013
Default Phantasm 1 blu ray

When will this be announced this is getting lame. will this be like the rest of the friday the 13th movies. it seems like its always the same movies getting released on blu ray how many versions of casablanca does one need lol i say none. Give us real guy movies and no i dont work for tbs movies for guys that like movies lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #238
Power Member

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromc69 View Post
When will this be announced this is getting lame. will this be like the rest of the friday the 13th movies. it seems like its always the same movies getting released on blu ray how many versions of casablanca does one need lol i say none. Give us real guy movies and no i dont work for tbs movies for guys that like movies lol.
Right now, it's whenever Anchor Bay decides to release it, and seeing their catalog output the past few years, I wouldn't hold your breath...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
1300 Blu-Rays as of 6/29/14: The Beatles: A Hard Day's Night: Criterion Collection
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #239
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I don't think Anchor Bay/Starz has any interest in releasing practically anything. They've basically pulled up shop on Blu-ray for anything that is not a new release in certain narrow genres.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #240
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromc69 View Post
(the original Phantasm) When will this be announced this is getting lame. will this be like the rest of the friday the 13th movies. it seems like its always the same movies getting released on blu ray how many versions of casablanca does one need lol i say none. Give us real guy movies and no i dont work for tbs movies for guys that like movies lol.
I agree. I only want the first. And I won't wait forever.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America