Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Monsters University (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tinker Bell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oliver & Company (Blu-ray)
$11.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #121
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post
What do you mean, is it true? It was a wish, not an insider tidbit!
I meant whether it came down to Pitt vs. Legros for the role.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #122
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Is this true? I usually take IMDb info with a grain of salt:
That info is true
Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #123
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
That info is true
Ah, interesting. I'm sure if Pitt had gotten the role we would have seen a million Phantasm II covers with his mug plastered all over them once he hit it big, so I'm glad that the Tall Man was able to keep his central star stature! I always thought James LeGros was an extremely underrated actor anyway - his Pitt take in Living in Oblivion is absolutely priceless. Plus nice supporting work in Safe, Drugstore Cowboy, and other indie standouts.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #124
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

As long as you're here Cliff, any possibility of a Phantasm II workprint as an extra?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #125
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
As long as you're here Cliff, any possibility of a Phantasm II workprint as an extra?
The work print doesn't exist anymore. It wasn't kept.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #126

May 2009

I have the work print from the german dvd.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #127

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
The work print doesn't exist anymore. It wasn't kept.
So the original print doesnt exist,

But there are some VHS quality ones floating around. Any chance of one of those being included?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #128
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
So the original print doesnt exist,

But there are some VHS quality ones floating around. Any chance of one of those being included?
Nope, it's gone.

I'm not too crazy about putting a VHS quality print on our release.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #129
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

I didn't see anyone complaining that the TV edit of Halloween II was fullscreen and near-VHS quality. The point is, if there's a workprint available, in whatever shape/condition it's in, it would be nice to be able to see an official version of it on any Phantasm II upgrade. I'm sure you guys have a nice little disc planned but it just wouldn't feel complete without an opportunity to see this footage.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #130
Power Member

Mar 2009

The workprint that was with the German DVD was horrendous quality. I couldn't make it through more than half an hour. I don't know if better versions exist but that one just isn't worth the effort. http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=944 tells you all you need to know without causing yourself eye strain
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #131
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I didn't see anyone complaining that the TV edit of Halloween II was fullscreen and near-VHS quality. The point is, if there's a workprint available, in whatever shape/condition it's in, it would be nice to be able to see an official version of it on any Phantasm II upgrade. I'm sure you guys have a nice little disc planned but it just wouldn't feel complete without an opportunity to see this footage.
I agree, you could always put a disclaimer before the workprint. No one is expecting it be remastered or even particularly watchable. Obviously it will look lousy regardless, but you'd be satisfying the completists by including it.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #132
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Cliff, it's fine if the workprint isn't included. I'm going to love this release.

Though, second case scenario; you can do a composite of the workprint utilizing the workprint (wherever you get it from) and a high quality transfer of the film plus the first Phantasm for the opening sequence and Phantasm III since it featured the alternate/extended ending at its beginning. All those from unmatted full screen transfers.

But like I said it's fine if it's not included.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #133

Feb 2012

I didn't ever expect the workprint to be included, but I would've enjoyed having it as an extra. I'm in the same boat, just toss it in there as bonus or extra feature, regardless of the quality.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #134
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

I'd love the workprint...but it's not required for me to buy this. I've got 5 copies ordered at amazon, birthday and xmas shopping for 4, and 1 for me....
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #135
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
In Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
I can't wait for this one. Definitely one of my more anticipated Blu-Ray releases.

Funny how, for the longest time, Phantasm II was the only one unavailable on DVD in the US, and now it'll be the first one with a Blu-Ray release (and with Anchor Bay being Anchor Bay, it's unlikely the others will get released anytime soon...).
That was my 1st thought. Then I was curious if this was some kind of limited release like christine I should jump on...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #136
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Funny how, for the longest time, Phantasm II was the only one unavailable on DVD in the US, and now it'll be the first one with a Blu-Ray release (and with Anchor Bay being Anchor Bay, it's unlikely the others will get released anytime soon...).
I wouldn't say that. Anchor Bay is gonna want to cash in on the Phantasm II CE and I wouldn't be surprise if we get the first one this year too (I wouldn't say March cuz it might be too late).
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #137
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I wouldn't say that. Anchor Bay is gonna want to cash in on the Phantasm II CE and I wouldn't be surprise if we get the first one this year too (I wouldn't say March cuz it might be too late).
As much as I'd love that, I sadly don't see it happening. Don Coscarelli has been doing a lot of interviews promoting "John Dies at the End" and he's been asked about "Phantasm" coming to Blu-ray and he said he knows of no movement on it but spoke briefly about Shout's "Phantasm II" release. I'm sure if Don knows nothing at this point, seeing any release of the original film or III and IV probably won't happen in time to coincide with part II's release.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #138

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

I think Anchor Bay is waiting for 5 to come out, seeing as that's in development, before releasing the others on blu ray.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #139
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I'd love the workprint...but it's not required for me to buy this. I've got 5 copies ordered at amazon, birthday and xmas shopping for 4, and 1 for me....
If you're a die-hard fan, you might want to order it directly from Scream - you'll get a nice poster and it'll arrive a few days early.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #140
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

This is the original horror film series I remember from my youth but how the hell do they release Phantasm II before the first one is released? This really sucks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America