COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Motto to Love-Ru (Blu-ray)
$41.72
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Battleship (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #1

Feb 2012
Dallas, TX
Default Monsters, Inc. 3D Theatrical Release - 12/19/12 | BD 3D pre-order w/ $5 off coupon

Monsters, Inc. 3D Blu-ray

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/d...monstersinc3d/

Source - Verizon FiOS
TV - LG 65LW6500
Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5930
Player - PS3 120GB
DVD Recorder - Toshiba DR430KU
Speakers - JBL
Remote - Harmony 880
Other - Nintendo Wii

Last edited by Deciazulado; 11-16-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnsmills View Post
Recevied an e-mail with a link to the new Trailer. Sweet!

http://disney.go.com/monstersinc/vid...ynMovInTheatM|
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Bumped, now that we've gotten the actual trailer in theaters with Wreck-It Ralph:
I was suprised, I thought data-file re-rendering could create more "solid" 3-D, but the trailer looked more like standard "View-Master" conversion of an existing live-action film.
Naturally, we got plenty of money-shots of the door chase, but the characters in the other scenes still had a flattish look to them; I was expecting a re-rendered Sully to be more round and furry.

Maybe it's just the trailer. (I didn't have the chance to see Nemo 3D on the bigscreen, so couldn't judge.)
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #4

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

I'm looking forward to the chance to see it in the theatre again, but I don't have really high hopes for the 3-D. I'm honestly not sure why Pixar bothers re-releasing their older movies in 3-D (unless it's just for the money) when they actually go out of their way not to use it to its full potential. Monster's Inc is a fun, exciting, and frenetically-paced movie which would really benefit from strong parallax, and yet it's almost a certainty that it won't have it.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I'm looking forward to the chance to see it in the theatre again, but I don't have really high hopes for the 3-D. I'm honestly not sure why Pixar bothers re-releasing their older movies in 3-D (unless it's just for the money) when they actually go out of their way not to use it to its full potential. Monster's Inc is a fun, exciting, and frenetically-paced movie which would really benefit from strong parallax, and yet it's almost a certainty that it won't have it.
Agreed, it's totally pointless them even bothering if they aren't going to do it properly.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Bumped, now that we've gotten the actual trailer in theaters with Wreck-It Ralph:
I was suprised, I thought data-file re-rendering could create more "solid" 3-D, but the trailer looked more like standard "View-Master" conversion of an existing live-action film.
Naturally, we got plenty of money-shots of the door chase, but the characters in the other scenes still had a flattish look to them; I was expecting a re-rendered Sully to be more round and furry.

Maybe it's just the trailer. (I didn't have the chance to see Nemo 3D on the bigscreen, so couldn't judge.)
This is why I've been reluctant to buy any of the animated movies that were not originally made in 3D. Unsure if they would look as good and didn't want to risk wasting money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I'm honestly not sure why Pixar bothers re-releasing their older movies in 3-D (unless it's just for the money) when they actually go out of their way not to use it to its full potential.
Very good point.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Exclamation

I agree that 3D should be pushed as far as it can reasonably go for the strongest, easy to watch 3D we can get (see Open Season, Madagascar 3, Avatar, Hugo, etc).

With that said, in defense of Monsters Inc 3D, the trailer I saw showed good 3D as in Bolt 3D or Wreck it Ralph 3D, but good 3D is still better than weak 3D along the lines of I Robot 3D or Green Lantern 3D. Even so, here's hoping they catch up with the 3D presented in Kung Fu Panda 2 for starters, and eventually increase the 3D shown to a stronger level.

As already known, the main point of 3D is to make it more three dimensional for the use of both eyes, and less flat as if we only had one eye open, as in 2D movies. Disney, as great as they are for the 3D market, needs to stop playing it so safe with their 3D (see Disney's Tron Legacy as an example of conservative 3D). See Avengers 3D (Marvel also under Disney, for an example of strong 3D in the final act).
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #8

Aug 2012
Madison, WI

I have never seen Monster inc.. I'm glad I can see it in 3D..
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
With that said, in defense of Monsters Inc 3D, the trailer I saw showed good 3D as in Bolt 3D or Wreck it Ralph 3D, but good 3D is still better than weak 3D along the lines of I Robot 3D or Green Lantern 3D. Even so, here's hoping they catch up with the 3D presented in Kung Fu Panda 2 for starters, and eventually increase the 3D shown to a stronger level.
yeah, very true. I saw the 3D trailer for Monsters Inc today before Wreck It Ralph. I thought the 3D on it looked good. I plan to go see it. I saw it so long ago on DVD, I don't even remember it very well. I'll likely buy it too.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #10

Feb 2012
Canada

I think the 3D looks quite good. Definitely better than their other converted films.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!

Day one! This is one of my favourite Pixar titles, and I can't wait to check this out in 3D!
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
*New unfinished basement is currently under construction* The new build thread!
64" Samsung PN64D8000 3D Plasma, Samsung BD-D5500 3D Bluray player
Main Floor: Samsung UN55D7000 LED 3DTV, Samsung BD-D5500
Beadroom: Panasonic TC-P50ST30 3D Plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT110 3D Bluray player
Final Fantasy Black Cloud 160GB J-PS3, Xbox 360 Elite
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #12

Jan 2012
Colorado, USA

I missed this on Blu-ray, and now I won't have to double dip when they re-release it on blu ray with 3d!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #13
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia
Default 3D pre-order

Monsters, Inc. 3D Blu-ray
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I have never seen this movie. Is it worth bothering with considering what has been said about the 3D? Bear in mind i'd be buying it for the 3D only as i'm not interested in the movie sans 3D.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #15

Apr 2009
New Jersey

Just put my pre-order in since there is a $5 coupon to clip on Amazon. There isnt even a release date yet so I can make my decision later on.. I always have a tough time double dipping.
Panasonic 55" VT50
Onyko 809
Fronts: Polk 70s, Surrounds: Polk 50s, Sub:PSW505, Center: Paradigm
Optoma HD33
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
(360, PS3, Wii, Wii U)
Xbox One
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #16

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Bear in mind i'd be buying it for the 3D only as i'm not interested in the movie sans 3D.
How do you know, if you've never seen it?

It's a wonderful film, IMO, with or without 3-D. It was my favourite Pixar film before The Incredibles, and then WALL-E, displaced it.

Whether or not the 3-D is worth it is up to you. Based on many posts here on the forums, it's obvious enough that there are many people who seem satisfied by the conservative 3-D efforts we've been getting lately; even going so far as praising them, despite the extremely limited parallax. Most of Pixar's movies usually fall into that category (possibly for different reasons than usual on the part of the filmmakers, but the end result is the same), although it's impossible to say for sure one way or the other until people have actually seen it in 3-D. If I were you, I'd wait to read some reviews of the theatrical 3-D presentation, and make your decision based on that. Whether the 3-D is exceptional, conservative, or downright mediocre, I'm sure we'll hear about it the day it's released theatrically, if not a couple days before from review screenings.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #17

Nov 2010
UK

I imported the Japanese blu ray of this a year or so back...and I'll be buying the 3D version from America! Awesome film..I reckon the 3D will be great with the fur textures etc..
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

curious in knowing if the DTS-HD MA soundtrack will be bumped off for a DolbyTrueHD encode.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
Power Member

Jun 2012
Blackburn, UK
Send a message via MSN to Hussun1 Send a message via Skype™ to Hussun1

Defo gettin this!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #20

Aug 2010
I'm afraid that's classified information.

Really like the cover art on this. Only unappealing thing is how the "NST" looks on the door, but other than that, it's pretty darn great.

Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-BX37 (aka BDP-S370)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies