Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #1

Sep 2010
Default LG BD670: Player problems

To all users of the LG BD670 3d player,

I'm currently living abroad and recently bought this player specifically for 3d. When I tried to play my first batch of bluray movies, I got an "Error" message on the screen and none would play. Turns out that the movies I bought from the local store were actually pressed on BD-R media.

Thinking that this player can't play BD-Rs, I then went to the local bookstore to purchase a legitimate official bluray of Transformers. Came back home, placed the newly bought disc into the player and still an error message. Funny thing, the player does play dvds and mkv/divx files perfectly. Perhaps the laser to play blurays is damaged? Anyway, I finally called LG and they'll send someone to come over to take a look at my player. In the meantime, here is my question for everyone:

Question:
Can this player play BD-R media?

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #2

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskmeva View Post

I'm currently living abroad and recently bought this player specifically for 3d. When I tried to play my first batch of bluray movies, I got an "Error" message on the screen and none would play. Turns out that the movies I bought from the local store were actually pressed on BD-R media.

Thinking that this player can't play BD-Rs, I then went to the local bookstore to purchase a legitimate official bluray of Transformers. Came back home, placed the newly bought disc into the player and still an error message. Funny thing, the player does play dvds and mkv/divx files perfectly. Perhaps the laser to play blurays is damaged? Anyway, I finally called LG and they'll send someone to come over to take a look at my player. In the meantime, here is my question for everyone:

Question:

Thanks for reading.
Hi dude.... did you try unplugging it and plugging it ? This may sound silly but might work . If you do this is going to reset.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100

Last edited by banibale; 09-16-2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typi
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

Oct 2012
Default LG BD670 problem - not playing .MTS files

Hello to all,
this is gonna be a long long post.
I am from Prague, Czech Republic, so be patient in case of my bad english. Thank you.

The BD670 was given to me 1,5 years ago with a very old firmware, badly I do not remeber the version.

I have problem playing AVCHD videos I shot using HD digital camera. The files have .MTS extension, 1920x1080 resolution, the AVCHD video codec.
I have got both players BD660 and BD670.
The model BD660 plays everything perfectly fine.

The problem is with the higher model BD670. Now I have upgraded the firmware version to:
MAIN ver: BD.8.97.413.E
SERVO ver: H90378 (H09LGN)

With the old firmware everything played OK, with the new one I DO NOT SEE those MTS files in folders at all. When I have renamed the extension to M2TS or Mp4 or AVI or MKV, those files were visible, but playback did not start and a message appeared "Video resolution not supported"

Other films, such as MKV 1920x1080 resolution are played OK without problems.
Probably it is a bug in the new firmware, the older firmware was OK, files were visible and played back OK.
I think that engineers from LG willingly or unwillingly omited the .MTS suppot !!!!!
What do you think???

And at this point my other BD660 comes on stage, and what do you think????
YES, the. MTS files are visible and are playing OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This drives me CRAZY !!!!
I was emailing Czech, British and internetionall support, but only stupid and "empty" replyes came back.

My BD660 has:
MAIN ver: BD6.198.00
SERVO ver: H10LGN0607

What actually is the MAIN firmware and the SERVO firmware???? Is the servo only the firmware fot the blu-ray drive? And the MAIN is the actual software, simply said something like linux version of system, or Android system for cellular phone?

I have done already some research and testing:
- have read several forums dealing with this
- have installed all versions of MAIN 413; 382; 376; 337
- have installed SERVO versions H90377 and H90378

Nothing helped !!!!!
What I saw, 337 version had one icon less, only "Premium" icon was there on the main page (5 icons), the newest firmware has one icon more, all together 6 icons.
This makes me thing, that maybe even older firmwares could help me to "see" and to play back the .MTS files, because the first firmware I had in the player had 5 icons too.
OR, maybe this is a matter not with the MAIN ver, but the SERVO ver, in other words, I should flash some older SERVO firmware and .MTS files will be visible at once !!!

Unfortunatelly I have only 377 and 378 SERVO versions, do you have some older ones???

So this is my problem, please help me if you can.
I thought even to flash the BD660 firmware to BD670, and maybe I will try it. What do you think?

Thank you, Martin
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #4

Aug 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskmeva View Post

Question:

Thanks for reading.
I don't know
Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP
Integra DTR-30.3
Pioneer BDP-51FD
Furman M-8DX Power Conditioner; Harmony One
Athena Technologies AS-F1.2 Mains
Athena Technologies AS-R1.2 Surrounds
Athena Technologies AS-C1.2 Center
Elemental Designs A3-300