Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which Disney animated film is the one that you want most in BD in 2013?
Aladdin 360 46.63%
Hercules 57 7.38%
Tarzan 26 3.37%
101 Dalmatians 57 7.38%
The Jungle Book 60 7.77%
Tarzan 15 1.94%
The Sword in the Stone 33 4.27%
Robin Hood 56 7.25%
Oliver & Co. 8 1.04%
The Black Cauldron 30 3.89%
Other 70 9.07%
Voters: 772. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #2161

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by taei View Post
Hi!

So I need some help from the Disney fandom!
I've decided to start working on a series of Blu-Ray covers using iconic scenes from Disney movies. It'll be the canon Disney animated movies.

I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me determine them. I wanted the opinion of people who actually knew Disney better than me

Of course, I must ask that if the scene involves a kiss, please give me the second most iconic. Having a kiss on a cover is too awkward. lol.

Thanks!
First five, something along these lines;

[Show spoiler]

Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #2162

Aug 2012
New York, NY

Quote:
Hi!

I've decided to start working on a series of Blu-Ray covers using iconic scenes from Disney movies. It'll be the canon Disney animated movies.

I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me determine them. I wanted the opinion of people who actually knew Disney better than me

Of course, I must ask that if the scene involves a kiss, please give me the second most iconic. Having a kiss on a cover is too awkward. lol.

Thanks!
and this has to do with this thread topic *how?*

like, I hate to be that guy but it's frustrating to check the thread in hopes of news of a title announcement or pics of the newest releases only to be bombarded with people asking random things like "Did you prefer Aurora's dress pink or blue?! discuss! Why did they never make it green??". I get that the thread can drag some days but that doesn't justify going off on tangents for the sake of wanting to hear the sound of your fingers hitting the keyboard. Puh-leeze keep it on topic, s'il vous plaît et merci

Last edited by BenAndrewsNYC; 06-02-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2163
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

I know that this is DVD related and I apologise if it's already been posted, but I thought it might be worth mentioning in case anyone was interested. "Gargoyles: Season 2, Volume 2" and "TaleSpin: Volume 3" are due to be released on June 25th as Disney Movie Club exclusives.

http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/05/2...t-dmc-release/

http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/05/3...ith-gargoyles/
Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #2164
Expert Member

Jun 2010
Homestead, FL

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Here's what I would say for the Walt-era films (couldn't find screencaps online for Saludos Amigos):

[Show spoiler]

I may do another post later with other films.
"Mustard?! Don't let's be silly!"
Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #2165
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Kiwi View Post
Here's what I would say for the Walt-era films (couldn't find screencaps online for Saludos Amigos):

[Show spoiler]

Bravo! Each of those are great picks.

As for the thread topic, I plan to pick up Lilo & Stitch from this upcoming wave and Robin Hood later this summer, and really can't wait for The Little Mermaid this Fall!

Also look forward to seeing an eventual announcement for Aladdin and 101 Dalmations.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #2166
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemj View Post
[Show spoiler]You'd have to include the kiss from lady and the tramp!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
That I found ok.. I don't know why, it's just weird when it's people.. lol

like Sleeping Beauty. Though the scene where he bends down is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
[Show spoiler]First five, something along these lines;

[Show spoiler]

1. Snow White when she dances.
2. Blue Fairy and Pinocchio
3. Mickey on the cliff
4. Dumbo is perfect, but I picked one where you can see all his legs.
5. Bambi's most iconic one is the butterfly I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGaGa View Post
[Show spoiler]I have one for Tarzan.... the scene where he takes off Jane's glove and they touch hands... that's pretty iconic and also from Mulan I was thinking when she cut off her hair or something like that when she decided to join the army... The Lion King should be obvious... "The Circle of life" scene ... ummm Pocahontas you could use the ending where she's standing on the cliff ... that's all I can think of fro now... hope this helped:
)
The Tarzan one is perfect.

Mulan, The hair one is pretty good, but theres also the scene in Reflection when she's in the temple/shrine.. and when she is walking next to the pond. I'll see which works best.

The Lion King is pretty obvious yeah, but... I feel like Hakuna Mattata is also iconic. but I will use the Circle of Life.

Pocahontas is a few scenes, I need to watch the movie since I haven't seen it in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
[Show spoiler]Just to get the big four out of the way clearly these are the most iconic scenes from each.

The Little Mermaid: Part of your World Reprise
Beauty and the Beast: Ballroom Scene or Belle in the west wing
Aladdin: Magic Carpet or Cave of Wonders
The Lion King: Pride Rock at the beginning or the end.
[Show spoiler]
Some other movies:
Pocahontas: Standing on the rock as John's leaving
Snow White: Snow white after she eats the poison apple
Sleeping Beauty: Phillip finds Aurora
Hunchback: Holding esmerelda screaming santutuary
Peter Pan: Arriving to Neverland
Alice in Wonderland: The Tea Party
Lady and the Tramp: Spagetti
Tangled: Lanterns
Pinocchio: Being turned into a real boy
Fantasia: Of course, Sorcerer Mickey.
Cinderella: Cinderella's shoe as she escapes.

Just a few I could come up with. LOL
When it comes to these movies, I try my best to stay away from spoilers or endings. Like Pinocchio. I know everyone already knows them, but it's common curtesy. As for Cinderella, def the dress scene. One of the most iconic Disney moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAndrewsNYC View Post
[Show spoiler]and this has to do with this thread topic *how?*

like, I hate to be that guy but it's frustrating to check the thread in hopes of news of a title announcement or pics of the newest releases only to be bombarded with people asking random things like "Did you prefer Aurora's dress pink or blue?! discuss! Why did they never make it green??". I get that the thread can drag some days but that doesn't justify going off on tangents for the sake of wanting to hear the sound of your fingers hitting the keyboard. Puh-leeze keep it on topic, s'il vous plaît et merci
I am so sorry. I get your frustration and I understand. It's just that you guys are the only ones I know who are fans of Disney and I wanted your opinions. I couldn't find a general Disney thread and I trust the people on this specific thread. I apologize once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Kiwi View Post
[Show spoiler]Here's what I would say for the Walt-era films (couldn't find screencaps online for Saludos Amigos):

[Show spoiler]

Thank You!!

The one I might change is Peter Pan because all the characters are faceless. lol.

but Thanks A LOT!
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #2167

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
I know that this is DVD related and I apologise if it's already been posted, but I thought it might be worth mentioning in case anyone was interested. "Gargoyles: Season 2, Volume 2" and "TaleSpin: Volume 3" are due to be released on June 25th as Disney Movie Club exclusives.

This is great news but I don't wanna join DMC and be forced to buy 4 dvds at full price just to get this. Now I'll have to get it 2nd hand from people who are probably gonna "scalp" this at some ridiculous price due to its limited availability.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #2168

Mar 2011
France

Quote:

Disney Movie Club Exclusives...
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #2169
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

I am done with a few of them and I wanted your opinion on them:

[Show spoiler]The text is on a plastic slip cover that you take off. So the only thing that remains on the insert is the picture. That is why the text has shadows. Also, The inserts are reversible. Where the other side has the original theatrical poster of each film. So you get to decide which cover you want to use. Also, this "collector's edition" is not bull shitting you. you get 3 discs in the case. 2 Blu-Ray discs (Movie + Special Features) and the DVD version. The Digital Copy will be an insert.

Let me know what you guys think! I am open to criticism. I didn't know whether I should include numbers on the spines. And one big thought i had was to make the slipcover a cutout and have it be white with a square that gives you a peak on the inside...

I couldn't get some made because I didn't have the font for it and editing the title card was too hard for me.

Link to photoset: http://pho.to/2S8w3
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #2170
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
This is great news but I don't wanna join DMC and be forced to buy 4 dvds at full price just to get this. Now I'll have to get it 2nd hand from people who are probably gonna "scalp" this at some ridiculous price due to its limited availability.
Agreed. I also think it doesn't signal good things for any future Disney Channel show releases. I really want the rest of TaleSpin, DuckTales and Lilo and Stitch: The Series, but if their only availability, other than, as you said, outrageous second hand prices, is going to be through DMC, which is how I predict it will be, then I'm out of luck since they don't ship to the UK.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #2171
Power Member

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Agreed. I also think it doesn't signal good things for any future Disney Channel show releases. I really want the rest of TaleSpin, DuckTales and Lilo and Stitch: The Series, but if their only availability, other than, as you said, outrageous second hand prices, is going to be through DMC, which is how I predict it will be, then I'm out of luck since they don't ship to the UK.
i would MURDER for the series!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #2172

Feb 2012
Austria

Just a little update on the german TaleSpin Vol. 3 DVD
To make it short: No new episodes. Nevertheless, here're some pictures from the set:

[Show spoiler]
Foto 2:

Foto 3:

Foto 4:

Credits: Disneyfreund
Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #2173

Feb 2012
Austria

big news!

US Disney Afternoon Releases for Gargoyles S2P2 and TaleSpin Vol. 3!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #2174

Aug 2010

Hercules announced for this fall in France.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #2175
Special Member

Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmouse View Post
Hercules announced for this fall in France.

[Show spoiler]

Nice! A US release can't be far off.
Pre-Ordered: Game of Thrones: S4, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, The Wind Rises, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, 101 Dalmatians, The Boxtrolls.
Twitter.com/maac027

www.a113animation.com
Old 06-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #2176
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodermin View Post
Nice! A US release can't be far off.
I swear to God if Disney doesn't give this a 4.5-5 rate transfer and a few extras..

But knowing them, they'll probably horribly underestimate the popularity of this movie (big!).
Anyway, the transfer will be much better since there's no sequel to take up bitrates and space, so I predict virtually no room for banding, aliasing etc., a Pocahontas-esque transfer so to say.
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #2177
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
I swear to God if Disney doesn't give this a 4.5-5 rate transfer and a few extras..

But knowing them, they'll probably horribly underestimate the popularity of this movie (big!).
Anyway, the transfer will be much better since there's no sequel to take up bitrates and space, so I predict virtually no room for banding, aliasing etc., a Pocahontas-esque transfer so to say.
The Emperor's New Groove has an extremely high bit-rate by Disney standards. Just saying

Last edited by Lnds500; 06-05-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #2178
Special Member

Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador

Quote:

I can see them giving it a nice transfer with great sound. I'm not holding my breath in the extras department though.
Pre-Ordered: Game of Thrones: S4, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, The Wind Rises, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, 101 Dalmatians, The Boxtrolls.
Twitter.com/maac027

www.a113animation.com
Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #2179
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
The Emperor's New Groove has an extremely high bit-rate by Disney standards. Just saying
I looked up the bitrate and you're right..
How strange then. Should we just call it a lack of caring that these major faults in the transfer sneaked through?
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #2180
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:

Hercules did, in fact, have a cheapquel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules:_Zero_to_Hero

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 06-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America