Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$15.79
Forks Over Knives (Blu-ray)
$13.71
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #1441
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Sweeet, the set is numbered! I didn't know that was going to happen.
For me, this set keeps getting better and better.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1442
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Warner Bros. are master con artists. This is just as bad if not worse than the Friday The 13th box set re-release!
Link to all my custom covers
Updated: 12/6/2012

Feel free to add / subscribe me:

YouTube: OneUltimateWarrior
Facebook: Slushy The Penguin
Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 09-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #1443
Expert Member

Oct 2012
California

The steelbook trilogy is good enough for me.... I think

Please don't let me buy this... it's not worth $80. It's barely worth $40.

I won't buy this. I won't buy this. They are blantantly trying to rip me off and I won't let them do it. I won't double-dip.... Nope.

I might buy this.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #1444
Special Member

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
The steelbook trilogy is good enough for me.... I think

Please don't let me buy this... it's not worth $80. It's barely worth $40.

I won't buy this. I won't buy this. They are blantantly trying to rip me off and I won't let them do it. I won't double-dip.... Nope.

I might buy this.
NOOOOOO! Don't do that to yourself! Your money is capable for much better blu-rays.
[Show spoiler]
"Funny how sometimes you just find things" - How I Met Your Mother [2005 - 2014]

Favorites Of 2013: The Great Gatsby, The Wolf Of Wall Street, Inside Llewyn Davis, Philomena, Disney's Frozen, Prisoners, Her, and Gravity.
Honorable Mention: Jurassic Park 3D
Old 09-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #1445
Special Member

Feb 2009

Just to make it make a bit more sense to everyone, in regards to this set's price, WB made essentially twice as many copies of this set as they produced for the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection.

There was much more enthusiasm for the Wizard's Collection (even with the amount of complaining that happened at the same time) then there has seemingly been for this collection.

It is currently $80 for this set. The Wizard's Collection cost a lot closer to $500 at it's release. It was recently a deal-of-the-day for $150.

Expect the Dark Knight Trilogy set to drop to $30-40 sometime. It's pretty much a firm guarantee.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #1446

Oct 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts

I'm hoping Best Buy pulls a Black Friday goof and puts this on sale for $10 like they did with the "Ben-Hur" UCE a few years back. I doubt it would ever happen, but it's nice to dream.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #1447

Jul 2011
Philly, PA

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm still very positive and excited to get the set tomorrow. I guess it really helps that I'm not double dipping. I intentionally held off on getting the movies on blu-ray for a trilogy set. instead, I rented the discs via NetFlix, which even then meant I didn't get to see the bonus features.

If I can say something positive about WB, I'm glad they let it be known when The Dark Knight Trilogy: Limited Edition Giftset released that a Ultimate Collector's Edition was in the works. While this UCE didn't quite meet my expectations, I'm glad I knew about it before buying the gift set.

The 6th disc is pretty cool. One thing TDKR's release was sorely lacking was a retrospective, and now that it's confirmed that Ben Affleck is appearing as a rebooted Batman outside the Nolanverse, it's a great time to look back on Nolan's trilogy. From what I've read, and the runtime, it sounds like a great featurette. Not unlike the excellent Harry Potter featurettes exclusive to the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions. The conversation with Donner also sounds great, as well as the 4:3 IMAX scenes.

I do agree that the Hot Wheels toys are the weakest additions. I would have much preferred some prop recreations, like the Joker card from BB, a Dent campaign poster, Bain propaganda, a newspaper clipping. Something like those would have been really cool.

Ideally, the set should be $50-$60, but I'm not bothered with spending $70 for it. If it does drop, no biggie. I'd rather get it now than wait even longer for a hypothetical price drop.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #1448
Power Member

Mar 2009

A decent Batarang would have been far nicer than the toys, The Noble Collection do a hinged metal one in a wall display box for $70 so a one piece with a plastic stand wouldn't have been much more than the cost of the toys. Better still, Warners should just have sold a large coffee table book on the films with the extras disc, I'm sure Taschen could have come up with something amazing
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #1449

Nov 2012
Earth
Send a message via MSN to roycck

This will drop to 29 or somehow it will be a amazon deal of the week for much much cheaper.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #1450
Special Member

Aug 2011

The most important question is: How much new information is in the documentary?

Last edited by Jar Jar Stinks; 09-23-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #1451

Sep 2013
Miami

was able to get this for $68 so not stressing too much over it. Favorite film trilogy that I have seen. Plus I don't have Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray(Only DVD). Its gonna look great on the top of my shelf. I have no doubt that they will be re-releasing this though, and when that happens I'll prob get that as well
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #1452
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm still very positive and excited to get the set tomorrow. I guess it really helps that I'm not double dipping. I intentionally held off on getting the movies on blu-ray for a trilogy set. instead, I rented the discs via NetFlix, which even then meant I didn't get to see the bonus features.

If I can say something positive about WB, I'm glad they let it be known when The Dark Knight Trilogy: Limited Edition Giftset released that a Ultimate Collector's Edition was in the works. While this UCE didn't quite meet my expectations, I'm glad I knew about it before buying the gift set.

The 6th disc is pretty cool. One thing TDKR's release was sorely lacking was a retrospective, and now that it's confirmed that Ben Affleck is appearing as a rebooted Batman outside the Nolanverse, it's a great time to look back on Nolan's trilogy. From what I've read, and the runtime, it sounds like a great featurette. Not unlike the excellent Harry Potter featurettes exclusive to the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions. The conversation with Donner also sounds great, as well as the 4:3 IMAX scenes.

I do agree that the Hot Wheels toys are the weakest additions. I would have much preferred some prop recreations, like the Joker card from BB, a Dent campaign poster, Bain propaganda, a newspaper clipping. Something like those would have been really cool.

Ideally, the set should be $50-$60, but I'm not bothered with spending $70 for it. If it does drop, no biggie. I'd rather get it now than wait even longer for a hypothetical price drop.
You don't have to justify your own purchases. The negativity/shouts of people who feel the need to declare they aren't buying something is always loudest on here. Doubly so for the obnoxious superhero/blockbuster threads.
I never blind buy.

My Ongoing Top Films of 2014 | My Top Films of 2013
Old 09-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #1453
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

I think the bottom line is:

- If this isn't a double-dip for you, then by all means get it.
- If you have to have everything Dark Knight related for collector's purposes, then by all means get it. (I'm in that boat with Halloween, although I'm still getting a new transfer.)
- If you just need the movies, then this is not for you since you're basically getting the same movies with no new transfers.
100th Blu-ray: Predator UHE
200th Blu-ray: Chronicle
300th Blu-ray: Friday the 13th Collection

New home theater gallery updated Nov 2013

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...ember=leem6453
Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #1454
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post

The standard trilogy set should be around $20 - $25 within the next month. So if this set with an extra disc is worth an additional $45 - $50 to you, enjoy it.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1455
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
You don't have to justify your own purchases. The negativity/shouts of people who feel the need to declare they aren't buying something is always loudest on here. Doubly so for the obnoxious superhero/blockbuster threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leem6453 View Post
I think the bottom line is:

- If this isn't a double-dip for you, then by all means get it.
- If you have to have everything Dark Knight related for collector's purposes, then by all means get it. (I'm in that boat with Halloween, although I'm still getting a new transfer.)
- If you just need the movies, then this is not for you since you're basically getting the same movies with no new transfers.
Well said, gentlemen!

There's a 100% chance I fall into the 2nd category.
My set is en route and will be here tomorrow(along with Halloween), and I'm quite happy!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1456

Oct 2010
Moscow, Russia

Are we sure that the set will not be sold out in the next weeks. If it is numbered and it appears only 140k have been made, where is the guarantee that the set will be available and drop in price as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #1457
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPowers View Post
Are we sure that the set will not be sold out in the next weeks. If it is numbered and it appears only 140k have been made, where is the guarantee that the set will be available and drop in price as well.
Is that 140k worldwide, for just the US? If it's just the US, then these should last a good while.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #1458

Oct 2010
Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Is that 140k worldwide, for just the US? If it's just the US, then these should last a good while.
140K sounds very little even for USA. These movies are popular enough. So is it wise to wait for a price drop or just purchase it now while it is available.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #1459
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPowers View Post
140K sounds very little even for USA. These movies are popular enough. So is it wise to wait for a price drop or just purchase it now while it is available.
That decision is up to you. I've got mine ordered, but I don't see this set selling out any time soon.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #1460

Oct 2010
Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
That decision is up to you. I've got mine ordered, but I don't see this set selling out any time soon.
Yeah, I got it ordered as well, although $79 is quite expensive, especially for this set, but I love this trilogy a lot and will double/tripple dip on it. I wanted to wait for the price drop, but the news that it is limited is what made me order it now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America