Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Lost World (Blu-ray)
$15.58
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Theory of Everything (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Cousin Vinny (Blu-ray)
$3.99
Miss Sloane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.62
The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Attack on Titan: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
Warner Bros Warner to Take Over Distribution of Part of Paramount's Library

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/war...-library-28494

Quote:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is taking over marketing, merchandising and distribution of a big chunk of Paramount Pictures’ movie library.

The studio today announced a strategic alliance with Paramount Home Media Distribution that is centered on more than 600 catalog titles from the Paramount film library. The deal gives Warner exclusive rights to physical Blu-rayDisc and DVD distribution of those titles in the United States and Canada, and will make Paramount’s UltraViolet offerings available on a non-exclusive basis through Flixster, the Warner Bros. movie streaming and discovery service.

Ron Sanders, president of Warner Home Video, called the arrangement “a good deal for both studios because Paramount can be assured of a revenue stream on their catalog and refocus their resources toward franchises, while Warner can leverage its scale to launch new Blu-ray titles, collections and special editions.”

Dennis Maguire, president of Paramount Home Media Distribution, is equally enthusiastic. “We are bullish on this deal as it firmly supports innovation in a critical aspect of our business, while at the same time it leverages our collective strengths and assets to maximize profits in the present market,” he said. “Flixster provides access to the leading movie discovery application that will promote digital content ownership and aid in expanding our digital business. At the same time, on the physical side, this agreement enables us to manage our profitability in a time of change in the marketplace and to focus more resources on new releases. With its strong infrastructure and track record, Warner will not only safeguard but enhance the long-term value of titles covered by this agreement.”

“We’re delighted that movie fans will now be able to access Paramount titles through Flixster, further expanding the already robust library of UltraViolet-enabled content and making the continued transition to digital much smoother for the consumer,” added Thomas Gewecke, president of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution.

The agreement also grants Warner Bros. manufacturing on demand rights and the ability to include UltraViolet Digital Copy bundled with packaged media. Paramount will retain all digital rights for their titles, including electronic sell-through (EST), video-on-demand (VOD) and subscription video-on-demand. Flixster will offer, on a non-exclusive basis, Paramount titles for sale in UltraViolet EST format, UltraViolet Disc-to-Digital and VOD. Flixster will also act as an UltraViolet Locker Access Service Provider for all Paramount UltraViolet titles, and as a redemption site for Paramount UltraViolet Digital Copies.

The three-year deal, which takes effect January 1, 2013, covers U.S. and Canadian rights only and includes titles such as Braveheart, Gladiator, Ghost, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Chinatown, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Forrest Gump, The African Queen, The Ten Commandments, Hugo, Fatal Attraction, Rango, Terms of Endearment, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Airplane!, according to studio and retail sources.

The agreement excludes approximately 100 cornerstone Paramount titles, including the Transformers, Star Trek and Indiana Jones franchises. Warner also will gain access to select new titles after the initial 26-week release period.

Paramount will receive licensing fees from Warner Bros. and be entitled to various benefits under a long-term strategic cooperation agreement with Flixster.
Wow.Warner really can't keep fingers away from other studios libraries

Last edited by iScottie; 01-26-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Possible Zodiac re-release in the US?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Please let CBS/Paramount rights to MY FAIR LADY go to WB's just so we can get a decent BLU release.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Hopefully Warner got Shane and will release a digibook of it. No chance of that on Paramount's watch.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

It seems that Paramount is new Sony (catalogue titles wise).Hopefully Olive will get a good chunk of their titles too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Hopefully Warner got Shane and will release a digibook of it. No chance of that on Paramount's watch.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=199981
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Special Member

May 2008
Birmingham, AL

Hopefully they get the Friday the 13th movies. I think Warner owns Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X, so they could release a box set with all of them now.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
Hopefully they get the Friday the 13th movies. I think Warner owns Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X, so they could release a box set with all of them now.
I predict it by next Halloween.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
This is the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw this.
Fav discs 2017: Blade Runner 4K, The Dark Knight 4K, The Prestige 4K, Starship Trooper 4K, The Mummy (1999) 4K, Re-Animator, Ex Machina 4K, Logan 4K, Dracula and The Mummy Legacy Collections, Donnie Darko, Planet Eart II 4K, Get Out 4K, Personal Shopper, The Lure, Westworld Season 1 4K
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

I don't get it. All the titles in the article have already been released on Blu. How will we benefit?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #10

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
I think this is every slasher fans' hope now
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Ha - completely reading my mind. Thought of this about 2 seconds after reading the thread title.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2012

Robert Altman's Nashville would go nicely with a box set of the films he did with WB and UA. Oh, and Popeye!!!

Last edited by klauswhereareyou; 10-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Thanks given by:
Schfooge (07-02-2015)
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #13

Feb 2010

Friday the 13th part 4 and i'll be happy
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

I bet Death Wish will be among the first titles released.

It will be interesting to see what titles Paramount will keep to themselves.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I don't get it. All the titles in the article have already been released on Blu. How will we benefit?
They made a deal for 600 catalog titles. The titles mentioned were only a select few of them.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god." - Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill 121790 View Post
I think this is every slasher fans' hope now
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboisvert View Post
Ha - completely reading my mind. Thought of this about 2 seconds after reading the thread title.
Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2012

The original Bad News Bears would be another good pick!
Thanks given by:
Steve Freeling (05-08-2015)
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #18

Aug 2012

1492 please.... PLEASE!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Add me to this list! Held off buying the others on Blu just for this reason.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I finally bought the UK Blu-Ray of THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY yesterday, despite the mediocre reviews, because I was sure it would never come out here. Not surprised at all to see this news the next day, lol. Hope that film finally reaches BD here now.

Last edited by James Luckard; 10-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors