Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Majestic Prince: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Black Butler: Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #1

Jul 2012
Thumbs up Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Dec. 4 2012

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Blu-ray

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Blu-ray Review

Haven't seen a thread on this so I thought I'd make one. Apologize if one has already been made.

From Amazon:
Quote:
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn" is a live-action digital series based on the best-selling Xbox franchise that brings a brand-new Halo story to life on a scale never before seen in the Halo universe. Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn delivers an exciting story of heroism and sacrifice, taking fans back to the beginning of the human and Covenant war and leading into the events of Halo 4, the biggest entertainment event of 2012. Set against the backdrop of a United Nations Space Command (UNSC) military academy, a group of highborn cadets are training to be the next generation of soldiers in the UNSC's ongoing war with insurrectionists in the outer colonial planets. Among these cadets, Thomas Lasky struggles with his doubts about this war and with the burden of expectations he may not be able to carry. As Lasky comes to terms with his potential as a military leader, the terrifying alien alliance known as the Covenant arrives and turns his world upside down. Inspired by the Master Chief, he must decide what it means to be a hero. Halo fans who experience Lasky's thrilling origin story in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn will be rewarded with special insights into the story of Halo 4 and the Halo Infinity Multiplayer experience.
Article from Blu-ray.com: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9594

Link to pre-order on Amazon (No official cover art yet):http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Forward-Unto-Dawn-Blu-ray/dp/B009B8YZKS/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1349634522&sr=1-1&keywords=halo+4+forward+unto+dawn

Link to Episode 1 on Youtube:

I think it is a great web series so far and can't wait to get this on Blu-ray. Even if you are not into Halo, I think it's still worth giving a watch. Anyone else excited?

Last edited by Ken Brown; 12-06-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Watched part 1. So far not to bad. I'll b buying for sure!
Fascinating... - Spock

There's ALWAYS money in the Banana Stand! - George Bluth

Son of a bit*h, I'm sick of these dolphins. - Steve Zissou
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Oh great, So I pay $112 for Halo 4 limited edition, to get this series on DVD instead of Blu-Ray?? Thanks 343i & Microsoft Studios.

With Microsoft against Blu-Ray, why would they allow this to come out on Blu-Ray.
TV Sony 40" 1080P KDL-40SL150
SOUND SYSTEM DENON 2313CI
SPEAKERS KLIPSCH RC500 CENTER CHANNEL
KLIPSCH RF600B TOWERS KLIPSCH RS400 SURROUNDS
SUB SVS PB-1000
BLU-RAY PLAYER PS3 120GB Slim With 1 1TB EXTERNAL HD & 1 2TB EXTERNAL HD
BLU-RAYS 386 & Counting
200 Blu-Ray's Collection Milestone Aug 31, 2011

Last edited by blurayjunkie; 10-07-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #4

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayjunkie View Post
Oh great, So I pay $112 for Halo 4 limited edition, to get this series on DVD instead of Blu-Ray?? Thanks 343i & Microsoft Studios.

With Microsoft against Blu-Ray, why would they allow this to come out on Blu-Ray.
I actually heard that the copy included with the LE will be a digital copy available through Halo Waypoint on Xbox . I think thats a pretty dumb move from Microsoft and 343i so thats why I'm purchasing the Blu.

I don't know why Microsoft would allow this on Blu-ray, but they did it Halo Legends. My guess would be that they know alot of people have a Blu-ray player these days and would like to provide for them. lol. Also rumors are going around that the next xbox will have a Blu-ray drive. So I wouldn't say they are totally against Blu-ray, but they are just rumors.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

Apr 2012

Quote:

I can understand why they wouldn't include a blu-ray with the game. Microsoft can't assume that 360 owners have a BR player. It would be a big misstep for them to go that route. But I'm with you on the price and what's included in the set. If anything, maybe they could have included a combo? Oh well. Much to do about nothing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJumper117 View Post
I actually heard that the copy included with the LE will be a digital copy available through Halo Waypoint on Xbox . I think thats a pretty dumb move from Microsoft and 343i so thats why I'm purchasing the Blu.
Really? So it will only be accessible through the Xbox? If that's the case, that's pretty disappointing.

Although, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm mainly purchasing the LE to save on the map packs. All other content is just extra.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #6

Nov 2009
Santiago
Send a message via Skype™ to impossibleisfaby

I can't wait!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Aug 2010
The D - 313

Totally caught off guard by this news. Now I will have to buy it on Blu-ray. I thought the Limited Edition would be enough for me... guess I was wrong.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

Microsoft isn't against Blu-ray. If they were they never would have allowed these.

"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee were there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music. The Oakland Raiders moved to L.A. and then back to Oakland; no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice. Continued expansion diluted the talent pool, forcing owners to recruit heavily from prisons, mental institutions, and Texas."
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
Microsoft isn't against Blu-ray. If they were they never would have allowed these.
I never understood why people think they are against Blu-ray. Do they expect them to slap a Blu-ray drive in the 360 and start making games on that.. what about the millions of people who already have a 360? seriously people. The next Xbox is supposed to have a blu-ray drive. Plus the fact that Blu-ray is the main format for video now a days means if they want to release there films in HD it has to be on Blu-ray!
Fascinating... - Spock

There's ALWAYS money in the Banana Stand! - George Bluth

Son of a bit*h, I'm sick of these dolphins. - Steve Zissou
Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimforsilence View Post
I never understood why people think they are against Blu-ray. Do they expect them to slap a Blu-ray drive in the 360 and start making games on that.. what about the millions of people who already have a 360? seriously people. The next Xbox is supposed to have a blu-ray drive. Plus the fact that Blu-ray is the main format for video now a days means if they want to release there films in HD it has to be on Blu-ray!
Blu-Ray drives play both DVD/Blu-Ray, so they could have released an Xbox 360 with a Blu-Ray drive, while still making games on DVD for people who want to watch Blu-Ray movies on their Xbox 360.
TV Sony 40" 1080P KDL-40SL150
SOUND SYSTEM DENON 2313CI
SPEAKERS KLIPSCH RC500 CENTER CHANNEL
KLIPSCH RF600B TOWERS KLIPSCH RS400 SURROUNDS
SUB SVS PB-1000
BLU-RAY PLAYER PS3 120GB Slim With 1 1TB EXTERNAL HD & 1 2TB EXTERNAL HD
BLU-RAYS 386 & Counting
200 Blu-Ray's Collection Milestone Aug 31, 2011
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #11

Jul 2012

Some info on the special features via Halo Waypoint:

Quote:
Over 60 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes featurettes
Storyline vignettes
Audio commentary by 343 Industries
Audio commentary by Director Stewart Hendler
Concept art, visual effects models
Easter eggs and more!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #12

Nov 2010

Quote:
Blu-Ray drives play both DVD/Blu-Ray, so they could have released an Xbox 360 with a Blu-Ray drive, while still making games on DVD for people who want to watch Blu-Ray movies on their Xbox 360.
Not that simple
Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #13

Jul 2012

Episode 2 is up if anyone is interested:
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
Weston-super-Mare, UK

Well I'm not putting up with a streaming code from the limited edition when I can just watch it on Youtube instead.

Going to pre-order the Blu-ray when I can.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
Power Member

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Watched the first two episodes, apart from one or two bad performances (the drill sergeant for instance) i have to say that so far its exceeded my expectations. The visuals are quite stunning too for a web series. Will definitely get this when i get the change. I'm getting the LE of Halo 4 but the Blu-ray will be added to the collection anyway.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #16

Jul 2012

Episode 3!!!:
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Looks epic. I can't wait. The beep has hit the fan here.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

I've never played Halo a day in my life but must admit this series looks interesting.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #19

Oct 2012
Think Oranges

YES! This is a DAY ONE Purchase for me! I only wish Bungie/343 Studios would release ALL of the Live-Action HALO-Based Commercials that they've made over the years like HALO 3-"WE ARE ODST", HALO REACH-"DELIVER HOPE", "REMEMBER REACH", "BIRTH OF A SPARTAN", and the live-action short film by Neil Blomkamp HALO: LANDFALL as "extras-easter eggs" however they'd wanna name them, I'd be so psyched to own those on disk.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #20

Oct 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDropPodTroop View Post
YES! This is a DAY ONE Purchase for me! I only wish Bungie/343 Studios would release ALL of the Live-Action HALO-Based Commercials that they've made over the years like HALO 3-"WE ARE ODST", HALO REACH-"DELIVER HOPE", "REMEMBER REACH", "BIRTH OF A SPARTAN", and the live-action short film by Neil Blomkamp HALO: LANDFALL as "extras-easter eggs" however they'd wanna name them, I'd be so psyched to own those on disk.
I agree..I also find it funny that they pump all of this money into these shorts and such, but when it comes to a movie they cant find co-op funding...

Edit: Almost $10 Million Spent on this web series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4:_Forward_Unto_Dawn
I've got nothin.........

Last edited by Unoriginal26; 10-22-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: wiki link
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America