Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Arrow Wreck It Ralph Blu-ray 3D Pre-order $5-off coupon

Wreck-It Ralph 3D Blu-ray

Wreck It Ralph 3D will hit theaters November 2nd, 2012 (US release date) and hopefully follow with a February or March, 2012 Blu Ray 3D release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=87E6N7ToCxs

"Wreck-It Ralph is an upcoming 2012 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and directed by Rich Moore, as his film debut.[2] It will be the 52nd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. The film will feature the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, and Jane Lynch. The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph (Reilly), an arcade game "bad guy," who decides to be a good guy. The film is set for release on November 2, 2012." - Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreck_it_ralph

This one looks promising for video fans of the classics games from the 80's and even modern games. I saw the 3D trailer in theaters and the 3D looks good.

Wreck it Ralph 3D is right around the corner.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 12-21-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Bump Thread.

Anyone else planning to see Wreck it Ralph 3D this upcoming weekend?(November 2, 2012 it starts) My theater has a big cardboard display of it, with Q Bert, M. Bison and Ralph on the front. This one looks promising.

The 3D in the trailer looks good, but we'll see how it is for the movie itself.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Special Member

May 2010

Wow, this is the first I've seen of of this movie. Just watched the trailer. I think it looks really cool. Definitely going to go. And looks like it would be a must own 3D BD. Would be a visual treat with strong 3D.

Thanks for posting.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

Nov 2011

How about we wait for the film to hit theaters before asking for the blu ray release?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4276 View Post
How about we wait for the film to hit theaters before asking for the blu ray release?
That's why my thread, with the trailers, is located in the 3D general discussion.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #6

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

I watched this on Tuesday(special screening). The movie itself is great and brings back a lot of memories and the quarters that I spent

But the 3D is disappointing to me. Even my daughter thought the 3D is not that great for an animation.
LG 55LW5300 + PS3 + Onkyo 609 + KEF speakers
Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #7

Nov 2011
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGQ View Post
I watched this on Tuesday(special screening). The movie itself is great and brings back a lot of memories and the quarters that I spent

But the 3D is disappointing to me. Even my daughter thought the 3D is not that great for an animation.
Sounds like more conservative, play it safe, don't offend any of the grandparents type 3D. This type of 3D also goes hand in hand with the stereoscopic leads who prefer to play the weak 3D/strong 3D hand a little too much in order to bring their emotional score to life, while also taking no chance on "gimmicks". So you end up with a focus on depth alone, in an inconsistent manner, while pretty much neglecting the other 1/2 of the 3D spectrum except for a few things barely poking out of the screen every once in ahwile. A few other casualties of this just to name a few: Finding Nemo, Phantom Menace, Up!, and just about every other Disney 3D movie as they are the worst offender/end rant.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #8
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Sounds like more conservative, play it safe, don't offend any of the grandparents type 3D. This type of 3D also goes hand in hand with the stereoscopic leads who prefer to play the weak 3D/strong 3D hand a little too much in order to bring their emotional score to life, while also taking no chance on "gimmicks". So you end up with a focus on depth alone, in an inconsistent manner, while pretty much neglecting the other 1/2 of the 3D spectrum except for a few things barely poking out of the screen every once in ahwile. A few other casualties of this just to name a few: Finding Nemo, Phantom Menace, Up!, and just about every other Disney 3D movie as they are the worst offender/end rant.
I thought the 3d looked really strong when I saw the trailers. And imo, not every Disney movie has conservative 3d. It's a movie by movie basis to me and it depends on who's involved
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #9

Nov 2011
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
I thought the 3d looked really strong when I saw the trailers. And imo, not every Disney movie has conservative 3d. It's a movie by movie basis to me and it depends on who's involved
True enough. I was impressed by Meet the Robinsons and the Toy Story movies in 3D
Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGQ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Thanks for the info. I agree about 3D storytelling being bad for 3D in general, since it's about the same thing as having a movie be 2D, black and white and in mono audio during the dialog (uneventful scenes), and then claiming that it intensifies the emotion during the action scenes by bringing back the 3D, full color and stereo 7.1 surround sound. I'm sure it does, since we're being starved of quality for the rest of the film.

Hopefully Wreck it Ralph doesn't fall into that category when I see it. The trailer in 3D, I agree, looked pretty good for 3D.

This Friday in theaters. That was fast, just like every year seems to be going.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

I'm psyched for this one. I hope the 3-D is consistent throughout, and reasonably strong when it needs to be instead of adhering to the recent trend of conservative 3-D efforts, but the movie itself looks look it'll be great as well. I'm going to be seeing it on opening night, and I imagine it'll be a day 1 purchase for me on disc as well.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks for the info. I agree about 3D storytelling being bad for 3D in general, since it's about the same thing as having a movie be 2D, black and white and in mono audio during the dialog (uneventful scenes), and then claiming that it intensifies the emotion during the action scenes by bringing back the 3D, full color and stereo 7.1 surround sound. I'm sure it does, since we're being starved of quality for the rest of the film.

Hopefully Wreck it Ralph doesn't fall into that category when I see it. The trailer in 3D, I agree, looked pretty good for 3D.

This Friday in theaters. That was fast, just like every year seems to be going.
but George Lucas says that sound is '50%' of the film experience - and I agree with his statement
Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I'm psyched for this one. I hope the 3-D is consistent throughout, and reasonably strong when it needs to be instead of adhering to the recent trend of conservative 3-D efforts, but the movie itself looks look it'll be great as well. I'm going to be seeing it on opening night, and I imagine it'll be a day 1 purchase for me on disc as well.
Agreed. It's nice to see some many classic video game stars making appearances in this movie, from Pac Man, Q Bert to Street Fighter II, and more. I hope they spread the selection of cameos out through the whole movie. Good storyline also, about a villain tired of the same old thing and wants a change.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Camp Crystal Lake
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4276 View Post
Really.... Why even start a 3D Blu-ray thread when it has not even opened yet Lets start a thread for the sake of starting a thread.....Start a 3D Blu-ray thread for this movie when we no an exact Blu-ray release date.
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
but George Lucas says that sound is '50%' of the film experience - and I agree with his statement
I agree sound is very important. I was just making an example of what it's like to starve the 3D fan of quality 3D for the majority of the film, and then bring it back just for the action scenes as many 3D scripted movies do. The analogy was to compare 3D to black and white or audio, and how depriving us of full color or 7.1 surround sound during the dialog scenes isn't what movie fans are looking for, but how it's just a nonsense way for filmmakers trying to manipulate elements that should remain consistent throughout. (the exception being a film where the story crucially depends on such an approach of manipulating the 3D).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic2010 View Post
Really.... Why even start a 3D Blu-ray thread when it has not even opened yet Lets start a thread for the sake of starting a thread.....Start a 3D Blu-ray thread for this movie when we no an exact Blu-ray release date.
Not necessarily directed at you specifically:
The 3D Blu Ray Movies section is our only 3D movie thread where we can post about a new 3D movie without lumping it into a single multi movie thread, (since we don't have a 3D Movie thread as the 2D Movie Thread forum has), and because we're talking not just about the movie, but the advantage of the 3D element with the movie, which is often dismissed in the 2D forum by non 3D fans.
The 3D movie's success also depends on how many people actually go to see it in 3D to some extent, so that's why it's relevant to discuss it while it's about to or already in theaters and being prepared for blu ray 3D in a few months.

If it was a problem for the moderator, they would have erased these types of early 3D Movie thread discussions ever since they began popping up over a year ago in this section. Instead, they allow us to talk about upcoming 3D movies and then change the title later on by adding "Blu Ray" to the "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D Blu Ray" thread for example.

No big deal really.

ON TOPIC:
Pixar's 3D versus Disney's 3D. I've seen others mention Disney's 3D seems to be a little stronger than Pixar's track record, so here's hoping Wreck It Ralph 3D gives us more 3D than the recent Pixar Finding Nemo 3D, which was mostly said to be pretty mild 3D.
Disney with Chicken Little 3D, Tangled 3D, Wreck it Ralph 3D, Beauty and The Beast 3D
Pixar with Bolt 3D, Toy Story 3D, Cars 2 3D, Finding Nemo 3D, etc.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 10-30-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #16
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:

If it was a problem for the moderator, they would have erased these types of early 3D Movie thread discussions ever since they began popping up over a year ago in this section. Instead, they allow us to talk about upcoming 3D movies and then change the title later on by adding "Blu Ray" to the "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D Blu Ray" thread for example.

No big deal really.

ON TOPIC:
Pixar's 3D versus Disney's 3D. I've seen others mention Disney's 3D seems to be a little stronger than Pixar's track record, so here's hoping Wreck It Ralph 3D gives us more 3D than the recent Pixar Finding Nemo 3D, which was mostly said to be pretty mild 3D.
Disney with Chicken Little 3D, Tangled 3D, Wreck it Ralph 3D, Beauty and The Beast 3D
Pixar with Bolt 3D, Toy Story 3D, Cars 2 3D, Finding Nemo 3D, etc.
Yes we need as many posts as we can to spend time between 3d releases that are far and few

Regarding Disney vs Pixar 3d, saw the 3d trailer of Planes 3d on madagasker disk and have to say the 3d looks awesome....glad Pixar is not involved and not ruining it like they do for other movies.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #17
Special Member

May 2010

True the audio. Like with Madagascar 3D specifically. I just can't help but to crank the volume on that one. The Combination of such crazy animation and strong 3D, with such excellent audio cranked up, makes for an intense experience.

Quote:
Not necessarily directed at you specifically:
The 3D Blu Ray Movies section is our only 3D movie thread where we can post about a new 3D movie without lumping it into a single multi movie thread, (since we don't have a 3D Movie thread as the 2D Movie Thread forum has), and because we're talking not just about the movie, but the advantage of the 3D element with the movie, which is often dismissed in the 2D forum by non 3D fans.
The 3D movie's success also depends on how many people actually go to see it in 3D to some extent, so that's why it's relevant to discuss it while it's about to or already in theaters and being prepared for blu ray 3D in a few months.

No big deal really.
Well Said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post

Regarding Disney vs Pixar 3d, saw the 3d trailer of Planes 3d on madagasker disk and have to say the 3d looks awesome....glad Pixar is not involved and not ruining it like they do for other movies.
Where is that trailer at? The only one I saw is Rise Of The Guardians.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #18

May 2011
SO. CAL

Taking my son to see this movie this weekend, probably see the 2D version and wait for the 3D version on Blu-ray.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #19

Jul 2010

I've had this for some time and couldn't stand the movie myself.. Was stupid in my opinion but would be good for kids I guess. 3D was alright but the movie bored me to death.
Sony Bravia LX-900 3D 46" active 3D & LG 55 LW6500 passive 3D set
Sony HMZ-T3 with Comfort 3 Cushion Pads
Sony BDP-S570 3DBD player
Bose Surround System
PS3
Fujifilm Finepix W3
Sony Alpha 55
JVC GS-TD1
Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post

Where is that trailer at? The only one I saw is Rise Of The Guardians.
Sorry I misspoke. The Planes 3D is in Tinkerbell 3D disk.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies