Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2010
Default Anger Management (Charlie Sheen) - Pre-Order Up

Anger Management Blu-ray

Anger Management Blu-ray Review

Not really sure when this comes out, but i saw a few episodes, and i liked it enough to pick it up.

Last edited by JMK; 12-29-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2009

My dad really seemed to enjoy this since he ended up being a "late in the game" Two and a Half Men fan, didn't care for the "Kutcher years", but apparently still needed a sitcom-Sheen fix If it comes out before Christmas, I might have to get it for him
Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Definitely going to get this, haven't seen it yet but hearing good things...
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Special Member

Dec 2010

when do you think this comes out?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Power Member

Jun 2009
Colorado

Eh.... I thought this show was ok. Nothing to write him about though.

Personally, I enjoy 'Go On' much more. Similar concepts (support group with a bunch of wacky characters form friendships and help each other) but 'Go On' is better executed, IMO. I just care about the characters more than the ones that inhabit Anger Management.

That's being said, I'll probably pick this up when I can find it on the cheap
Annie: When you found out I was Jewish, you invited me to a 'pool party' that turned out to be a Baptism.

Shirley: Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into Heaven.

Last edited by Yankees0222; 10-21-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Power Member

Aug 2010

I like the show + Noureen Dewulf is a babe.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley4846 View Post
Late December or sometime in January since the second season starts in January.
Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 3 & 4)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #8

Jul 2012

I really like this show, kinda feels like a Pre(or Post which I guess it is)-Alan and Jake Two & a Half Men. However with the first season only being 10 episodes I will most likely hold off on getting this till either the price drops to around $10 or the 2nd season comes out(possibly in a two pack).
Old 10-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Originally, I loved the movie with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, it was a hilarious movie, of which I have in my Blu-ray library. When I heard about the television series, I thought it would be a cool new series. But, after catching the first couple of episodes, I wasn't exactly all that impressed with the television series. There were some funny moments but nothing to keep me coming back for more episodes.

I think Sheen's battle with Chuck Lorre removed some of those elements from Charlie Sheen that made him such a valuable asset to Two and a Half Men. While it's not for everyone, it's a show that really needs to grow on you after an extended period of time.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

I saw the first two episodes of this when it premiered and thought that it was really funny, but after that it didn't seem as funny but was still humerous enough to get a chuckles out me but that is it. Personally I don't know if this is worth picking up though.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

To be honest about it, I found Whitney, The New Girl and 2 Broke Girls to be more entertaining the Anger Management. I might sit down one of these days to watch some recent episodes of this series but I wasn't too impressed with the first few episodes that I caught. I actually tried to give it a chance but the comedy just seemed like it was too forced. I just think that comedy should be more organic, more natural ... I just found Sheen to be working too hard to be funny. I love his films but this series didn't leave too much of an impression on me.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
To be honest about it, I found Whitney, The New Girl and 2 Broke Girls to be more entertaining the Anger Management. I might sit down one of these days to watch some recent episodes of this series but I wasn't too impressed with the first few episodes that I caught. I actually tried to give it a chance but the comedy just seemed like it was too forced. I just think that comedy should be more organic, more natural ... I just found Sheen to be working too hard to be funny. I love his films but this series didn't leave too much of an impression on me.
I liked all three of those shows better too, even if Whitney was a punching bag for the media last season.

I liked Anger Management enough to stick with it, but I do think it needs more variety. It got somewhat repetitive, which is odd given it was only 10 episodes. It's already renewed for 9 more seasons, but I can't see it lasting with people for 10 seasons if they don't start adding more variety to the show.

I'm glad this is getting released on Blu-ray though. Too many shows are still being released only on DVD, and sitcoms are very rare on Blu-ray. If the show improves going forward, I'd consider picking this up eventually.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

I thought it was odd that everyone, including the critics, were slamming "Whitney", but that everyone started to become addicted to the show as the series continued through the season finale. I know that the network has the series on temporary hold because they're debuting a number of new shows and that they want to delay the debut of the second season of Whitney.

I just find it odd that Anger Management has been renewed for nine seasons. I've never heard of any television series getting that kind of long term renewal.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
I thought it was odd that everyone, including the critics, were slamming "Whitney", but that everyone started to become addicted to the show as the series continued through the season finale. I know that the network has the series on temporary hold because they're debuting a number of new shows and that they want to delay the debut of the second season of Whitney.

I just find it odd that Anger Management has been renewed for nine seasons. I've never heard of any television series getting that kind of long term renewal.
I was just glad it was renewed since the ratings weren't very good. It should be coming back shortly since Animal Practice is cancelled.

I read in Entertainment Weekly before the show premiered that FX had said to Charlie Sheen that they would give the show 10 seasons if he could keep himself straightened out. I wasn't sure if that was real back then, but obviously they were serious.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #15
Power Member

Jun 2009
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I was just glad it was renewed since the ratings weren't very good. It should be coming back shortly since Animal Practice is cancelled.

I read in Entertainment Weekly before the show premiered that FX had said to Charlie Sheen that they would give the show 10 seasons if he could keep himself straightened out. I wasn't sure if that was real back then, but obviously they were serious.
I think the season renewal for anger management also had to do with ratings. I think if got a certain amount of viewers, it promised him a multi year renewal deal in his contract..... Or so I heard

Still strange that they would give it so many seasons after just a short first season. Most shows (even very successful ones, are year to year.... At least for the first few seasons). I think "The Big Bang Theory" just got a multi year deal after so many successful seasons.
Annie: When you found out I was Jewish, you invited me to a 'pool party' that turned out to be a Baptism.

Shirley: Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into Heaven.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Power Member

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (101)

I will probably check out season 2 on tv and if I like it will wait for a decent price on season 1.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2010

yah im going to wait for a price drop
Old 12-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #18

Sep 2011
Pittsburgh

This show is a complete disappoint after his successful run on 2 and 1/2 Men. I will check out Season 2, but they really need to fix this show to make it funnier.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #19

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley4846 View Post
January 8th. I received my copy last week. Not watched it yet though.

Last edited by Lord of Filth; 12-30-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Power Member

Aug 2010

Noureen Dewulf

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America