Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$154.73
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Golden Time: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$35.98
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #1

Jun 2012
Adelaide, South Australia
Australia Seinfeld, ever on Blu-ray?

This is my favorite show and I just don't understand why it hasn't had a BD release, best show ever but still no word.I mean Friends gets Blu-ray and Seinfeld is 1000x better but still no release date?
Thanks given by:
qb2333 (08-13-2014)
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZodiac View Post
This is my favorite show and I just don't understand why it hasn't had a BD release, best show ever but still no word.I mean Friends gets Blu-ray and Seinfeld is 1000x better but still no release date?
go to the head of the class Jimmy could not and would not disagree please please please can we have seinfeld pronto
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

I agree! There's no reason why it cant, it was filmed in 35mm and has been opened up to 1.78:1 for syndication. For the most part it should look superb!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #4

Apr 2011

TV on Blu Ray is really bad. So much HD stuff comes out on DVD yet doesn't come out on Blu Ray. I hate it as I don't want to have to keep buying DVDs.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
I agree! There's no reason why it cant, it was filmed in 35mm and has been opened up to 1.78:1 for syndication. For the most part it should look superb!
while in Germany, i managed to watch them in HD and it looked just great, can only expect the bluray to be amazing
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Expert Member

Oct 2011
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Totally agree. Seinfeld deserves a blu-ray release. Way better show than Friends.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

This is getting old. Every time I walk by the Friends box set Blu-ray I shake my head.

Please Lord! (and I am an atheist)
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
This is getting old. Every time I walk by the Friends box set Blu-ray I shake my head.

Please Lord! (and I am an atheist)
Why do you shake your head
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Seinfeld is just awful. Awful awful awful.

That said, I'm all for older TV series getting a complete release on Blu-ray. I just worry that it's not profitable enough for studios. I may never see MY favorites on blu.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #10

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Seinfeld is just awful. Awful awful awful.
Sienfeld is widely considered to be the best sitcom ever on TV (in competition with I Love Lucy). It's really too bad you don't find it funny.
-- tron --\-
Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron View Post
Sienfeld is widely considered to be the best sitcom ever on TV (in competition with I Love Lucy). It's really too bad you don't find it funny.
I know I'm in the minority...though I don't care. I Love Lucy is classic and phenomenal. Seinfeld is a bunch of whiney jokes by a non-actor.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #12

Oct 2009

I must admit when i met my wife years ago she loved Seinfeld and i said that i hated it, it was stupid and the characters werent funny and that i would never watch it etc etc then for some reason i started watching it and ever since i have been and still am a huge fan Anyway i would love this to come out on BD

I find that im have certain perceptions about shows and movies but sometimes they change when i watch them or give them ago eg im not into Marvel at all and long after they were released i watched Iron man and Batman Begins and Spiderman and thought they were really good but then there are shows that i/we just dont like no matter what and "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Cheers V

Cheers Ryan
Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoorheesBD View Post
I must admit when i met my wife years ago she loved Seinfeld and i said that i hated it, it was stupid and the characters werent funny and that i would never watch it etc etc then for some reason i started watching it and ever since i have been and still am a huge fan Anyway i would love this to come out on BD

I find that im have certain perceptions about shows and movies but sometimes they change when i watch them or give them ago eg im not into Marvel at all and long after they were released i watched Iron man and Batman Begins and Spiderman and thought they were really good but then there are shows that i/we just dont like no matter what and "not that there's anything wrong with that"

Cheers V

Cheers Ryan
I've tried watching it a few times. I just can't stand Seinfeld. I don't find him funny. And I think all of the characters are horribly annoying. I want to punch all of them.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #14

Jan 2008

Thats your taste,Fine I wonder how this show would do outside the US

well this show looks great in HD16x9(on TV) not only is the picture better than the dvds,but the cropping
is no problem at all,The Dvds have fantastic features ,But Blue Rays would be welcome
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #15

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNeski View Post
Thats your taste,Fine I wonder how this show would do outside the US

well this show looks great in HD16x9(on TV) not only is the picture better than the dvds,but the cropping
is no problem at al
l,The Dvds have fantastic features ,But Blue Rays would be welcome

^ I'm guessing because there isn't any cropping at all? lol
Old 01-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #16

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
^ I'm guessing because there isn't any cropping at all? lol
Consensus seems to be (even from someone who worked on it), Seinfeld was shot 4-perf 35mm with no widescreen presentation in mind. Like ST:TNG.

There are some SD/HD network comparisons online which show no cropping but they're flawed since most networks simply take the HD version and centre cut it for their SD broadcast. In those situations, the SD version is actually double-cropped!

Comparing the actual DVDs to the HD broadcasts reveals obvious cropping.

Does it matter for a show like Seinfeld? Probably not. But saying it's not cropped at all is simply misinformation.

Edit: Here's a very quick comparison screen I made from the HD widescreen vs the DVDs:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2...ld720s07e0.jpg (HD)
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6...5thehottub.jpg (DVD)

While not the best comparison to show, it's still easy to see we lose a little from the top, gain a little on the sides, and lose quite a lot from the bottom.

Last edited by Villan; 01-02-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Added a couple of screenies
Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #17

Jun 2012

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Seinfe...Blu-ray/33557/

They have series 1 listed for a future blu-ray release. On 3 blu-ray. No other details or release date have been confirmed.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
Power Member

Jan 2010
Columbus, OH

I have been dying to trade in my DVD series and go to Blu. This is the only TV Show I would ever buy on Blu...well...maybe Family Guy.
Remember to Submit Your Picks to the Weekly Top 5 List. New Topic Every Week

TV: Panasonic 55" 3D HDTV P55UT50 Player: PS3 Slim 120GBAudio: Onkyo 7.1 HT-S5500(B)

My Blu-ray Collection
My Film Blog
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #19
Special Member

Oct 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabterry View Post
I have been dying to trade in my DVD series and go to Blu. This is the only TV Show I would ever buy on Blu...well...maybe Family Guy.
But early Family Guy was probably only made in SD anyway, so there's less to gain.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #20

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12345567 View Post
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Seinfe...Blu-ray/33557/

They have series 1 listed for a future blu-ray release. On 3 blu-ray. No other details or release date have been confirmed.
Does this site usually have a good track record with these kinds of listings?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists