Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bullet to the Head (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default 'Wreck-It Ralph 2'

Quote:
Rich Moore Begins Talking About 'Wreck-It Ralph 2'

Wreck-It Ralph turned in a very solid performance at the box office this past weekend, which, naturally, means talk of a sequel can’t be far off. Director Rich Moore, for one, says he’s ready. During a Reddit IAmA session, Moore responded to a question about a possible Wreck-It Ralph 2 with enthusiasm.

Quote:
“I would jump on it in a New York minute– I LOVE these characters and the people who play them,” he wrote. “And yes, Vanellope indeed rocks!”
As for what that sequel might look like, Moore already has a few ideas. Speaking to GamerHub.TV, he revealed:

Quote:
Should we be so lucky to do a sequel, I think it’d be great to explore online gaming, home games. We have some ideas of how we could — it was fun to begin it in an arcade. And I think that that really tapped into the nostalgia that that has attached to it. But if we were to do a sequel I think we need to bring it up to date. We’re working on ideas, should we do one, that would bring it more into modern gaming, not just arcade cabinets.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Middle-Earth

Expected and I hope they can deliver a worthy sequel.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #3

May 2010

I'm all for it so long as they keep that candyland BS out of it.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Could Tron Appear in the ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ Sequel?

Bruce Boxleitner said last month that he wasn’t sure if he’d be back for Tron 3, but apparently there’s another sequel that’d be more than happy to have him. In a recent interview, director Rich Moore revealed that he had originally wanted a Tron cameo in Wreck-It Ralph. And while that didn’t pan out, he’s still got plans to work the character into a sequel. Hit the jump to keep reading.

Moore spilled the beans to Coming Soon:

Quote:
“I can’t specifically remember why that didn’t happen,” he said of the scrapped Tron appearance in the first Wreck-It Ralph. “Of course, with a sequel, I’m hoping that we can find a way to see Tron himself in that movie.”
It seems like a perfect fit, especially as both are Disney properties. That should make it much easier for Moore to clear any legal hurdles.

Tron isn’t the only famous video game character Moore wants to mix in for the sequel. A couple of months ago, he also expressed his hopes of finding some room for Mario, who at 32 years old remains one of the most iconic characters of all time. “We’ll really come up with something good for Mario to do [in the next film],” he said to Moviehole. “To be able to present him in the sequel, would be great.”

How Wreck-It Ralph 2 might use Mario or Tron remains to be seen, since few concrete plot details have been revealed. It’s worth noting, though, that Moore has previously floated the idea of moving away from arcades toward online gaming in the sequel:

Quote:
Should we be so lucky to do a sequel, I think it’d be great to explore online gaming, home games. We have some ideas of how we could — it was fun to begin it in an arcade. And I think that that really tapped into the nostalgia that that has attached to it. But if we were to do a sequel I think we need to bring it up to date. We’re working on ideas, should we do one, that would bring it more into modern gaming, not just arcade cabinets.
Wreck-It Ralph 2 has yet to set a release date or confirm a cast, but considering its critical and commercial success there’s little doubt a follow-up is on the way. Tron 3 is also in development, with director Joseph Kosinski, writer Jesse Wigutow, and star Garrett Hedlund attached.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

I don't need another reason to see this when it comes out, but I'll take it. Bring it on, Tron!
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

Sold!
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

*50" Panasonic Viera Plasma 1080p TH-50PZ80U*Onkyo TX-SR606*Harmony 880*PS3 Slim(BDs/Media streaming)*Launch 60GB PS3(Gaming)*

Twitter: @Bizdady
PSN ID: Bizdady
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
How Wreck-It Ralph 2 might use Mario or Tron remains to be seen
Discs of Tron, of course!

(Or even just the low-rez version from THE videogame...That's the rule, you know.)
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
Banned

Jun 2012

In the new one either ralphs game or sugar rush should be moved to a new arcade and felix and ralph (or vellenope) and the heros duty chick have to go save ralph (or vallenope) ......
[Show spoiler]
sounds a little like toy story dos
Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

I think the new one should feature games from consoles and PCs' and cameos of characters from those types of games... maybe Ralph inadvertantly creates a virus that affects the entire game universe and not just a single game??
My Top 3 of All Time
1. The Back to the Future Trilogy
2. The Star Wars Saga
3. The Pirates of the Caribbean Saga
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
WEED IS DUMB.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

LOOOOOVED the 1st one and will def. be taking the kids to see a sequel!!
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Oh look, I've been impaled!!"
Old 02-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

it's gotta have Zaxon, Dragon's Lair, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Galaxian, Galaga, Spy Hunter, Golden Axe, Xenophobe, Robotron, Marble Madness, Bagman, Centipede, Defender, Gorf, Burger Time, Track & Field, Pole Position, Journey, Qix, Time Pilot, Joust, Berzerk,
Strassen in Flammen
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Power Member

Apr 2009

Nice! Tron and Mario would be great for the sequel While we're talking Nintendo characters, I think Donkey Kong would also be a fun cameo
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
Expert Member

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillmygorilla View Post
it's gotta have Zaxon, Dragon's Lair, Dig Dug, Asteroids, Galaxian, Galaga, Spy Hunter, Golden Axe, Xenophobe, Robotron, Marble Madness, Bagman, Centipede, Defender, Gorf, Burger Time, Track & Field, Pole Position, Journey, Qix, Time Pilot, Joust, Berzerk,
+1

I don't know why they didn't use these games in the first one - so much material to mine, yet 3/4 of the action takes place in this crappy, invented "Candyland" game.

Add in Frogger, Space Invaders, Tutankham, Mappy, Mr Do!, Rally X and Sinistar to put in an appearance as a villain.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Tampa, FL

So that Disney could create their own Sugar Rush game. I still think it's inevitable that a console version will come out.
Top 10 Favorite Films: 1) The Truman Show, 2) 12 Angry Men, 3) Jackie Brown, 4) 25th Hour, 5) Princess Mononoke, 6) The Godfather,
7) Pulp Fiction, 8) Back to the Future, 9) Blade Runner, 10) The Lord of the Rings

"If my answers frighten you Vincent, then you should cease asking scary questions." - Jules Winnfield

Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

Really enjoyed the first, I'm in for a sequel.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

I want to see Mega Man!
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #17
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I want to see Mega Man!
YES!!!

1 “extra” I’d love to see them put out is an audition line w/video game characters standing in line rehearsing lines!!!

And then seeing one come out of the audition room all depressed b/c he didn’t get a spot in the movie!!
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Oh look, I've been impaled!!"
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
Power Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
I want to see Mega Man!
Yeah

As a sort-of obscure reference: a Dragon Quest slime would be funny
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I really loved the first one, so I'd be down for a sequel!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #20
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I really loved the first one, so I'd be down for a sequel!
Diddo that.
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies