Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
16 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
16 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Clint Eastwood Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #81
Special Member

Oct 2009
Louisville, KY

I know the story behind the quality of the elements for the film, but if I had to pick one title for a blu-ray release, that would be RITUALS:

Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #82

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugStillo View Post
It is possible that Jeff Lieberman has no control over this but it doesn't mean that he doesn't feel this way about the new release.
First

He doesn't own the right of this film so what he can or can't say is irrelevent... You sure don't make him looks like a bright guy with all his lawsuit non-sense, but maybe talking to MF too often have as consequence to live in a fantasy world...
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Bill is gonna have to fast-track his release of Just Before Dawn, put it out there quick if only to stop the spread of these "rumors". I'd hate to see this release get caught up in one of those "he can't release it because he doesn't have the rights" quagmires. DVD, Bluray, whatever - just get it out and move on.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #84
Expert Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

I honestly didn't mean to come off so negative it's just that I happen to know someone who has dealt with Code Red before and they don't have good things to say about the way they handle releases. Or for that matter how they deal with the people involved in the releases. I don't personally know anyone involved with Code Red so I can't speak for them but due to this person I know I am not surprised that Jeff Lieberman would make comments like he did. Whatever, if it does come out I will totally buy it. I just hope they do it justice because I know quite a few people who have seen the film on screen and it looks so much better than even the Media Blasters version (Sorry I screwed that up before, I always confuse them because I think MB distributed Code Red's stuff but I am not sure). Supposedly the print looks great (nice colors and not so washed out) so hopefully we can get a good representation of what the film actually looks like this time around. I just figured I'd share some inside info not trying to start a war.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #85

Oct 2012

Quote:
Believe what you want... Whether it's true or not I have no idea
Exactly. We now know Lieberman is wrong.

Quote:
I honestly didn't mean to come off so negative it's just that I happen to know someone who has dealt with Code Red before and they don't have good things to say about the way they handle releases.
There are also some filmmakers who have said positive things about dealing with Code Red. It works both ways, and the same can be said of other labels. If you don't want to be negative, then there's no reason to keep airing dirty laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugStill0
Supposedly the print looks great (nice colors and not so washed out) so hopefully we can get a good representation of what the film actually looks like this time around. I just figured I'd share some inside info not trying to start a war.
Agreed, so let's move on.

Now, as you suggested, hopefully people will buy Just Before Dawn as soon as it's released. I know I hope to.

Last edited by BrianS; 12-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #86

Nov 2012

Quote:
I honestly didn't mean to come off so negative it's just that I happen to know someone who has dealt with Code Red before and they don't have good things to say about the way they handle releases.
If you don't want to come off as negative don't repeat what MF told you to say (BTW where is that special edition blu-ray of Popcorn he was supposed to release with the girl he screw with?) and check the facts before telling friend of a friend irrelevent information... BTW a lot of right owner are quite happy of the way Code Red had handle their release, in fact they have seen more money from Code Red that they have seen from much bigger label... As I say don't repeat MF non-sense and check the real facts.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #87
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
If you don't want to come off as negative don't repeat what MF told you to say (BTW where is that special edition blu-ray of Popcorn he was supposed to release with the girl he screw with?) and check the facts before telling friend of a friend irrelevent information... BTW a lot of right owner are quite happy of the way Code Red had handle their release, in fact they have seen more money from Code Red that they have seen from much bigger label... As I say don't repeat MF non-sense and check the real facts.
From what I know, the "Popcorn" release is still very much on track, much more than people think. There's just a few matters that need to be taken care of before things can be firmly announced. Obviously, when business deals are still being negotiated and what not, its just not professional to disclose information to the public just yet. It never mattered to me who was putting "Popcorn" out as long as it just gets released but I have to say the people behind the fan-made one clearly have a genuine passion for the film and I think it will show in the final product.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #88
Power Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece View Post
One random person in this thread claims that Just Before Dawn will only come out if The Electric Chair does well and now everyone is freaking out and calling Bill an incompetent idiot. Who knows if that info is even true, and if it is, it could be taken way out of context. And now this whole thing about Lieberman too...
Quote from Bill from The Latarnia Forums,

"JUST BEFORE DAWN will most likely get Blu treatment. Just seeing and waiting how well ELECTRIC CHAIR sells to judge if there is customers out there. 20% of the market is pretty small, so nichie titles might be a problem."

I heard it mentioned on a horror forum and they didn't mention the first part about it most likely getting the Blu treatment, so for that I apologize. That being said for the most part it stands that he seems to be judging whether there is a demand for Blurays based on how well The Electric Chair sells. I have a feeling Just Before Dawn will get a Blu though, it's too big of a release for Code Red not to release on Blu.

And then this,

"I would like to do Blu on JUST BEFORE DAWN, but the message board respond was very negative and very little cared about the annoucement. sad, but in this dvd world is that it matters who put it out then the movie itself. Seems more post of ASHANTI, MASSAGE PARLOR HOOKERS, and DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD then JUST BEFORE DAWN.

FACE WITH TWO LEFT FEET got more email on "please blu". But I promised Alfredo that is regular DVD only.

VOICES FROM THE BEYOND, I made a new master and most likely a Blu on it. If fulci doesn't sell 1,000 copies, then there is no large horror fan base on BluRay. 1,000 is not much compare to how much the other label sells."

"Not in a hurry on JUST BEFORE DAWN as the respond was pretty much dead on the web. Like get moving on VOICE FROM THE BEYOND. If Fulci doesn't sell, then nothing can sell on code red."

He also says no one will buy it because they already have the Media Blasters DVD. If this is true then why would a re-released DVD be any better then a Bluray!? I appreciate what titles his company has put out but sometimes his thinking is very backwards.

Last edited by spawningblue; 12-10-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #89
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
And then this,

"I would like to do Blu on JUST BEFORE DAWN, but the message board respond was very negative and very little cared about the annoucement. sad, but in this dvd world is that it matters who put it out then the movie itself. Seems more post of ASHANTI, MASSAGE PARLOR HOOKERS, and DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD then JUST BEFORE DAWN.

"Not in a hurry on JUST BEFORE DAWN as the respond was pretty much dead on the web. Like get moving on VOICE FROM THE BEYOND. If Fulci doesn't sell, then nothing can sell on code red."
WTF is this guy talking about??
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #90
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post

In a nutshell:

He is essentially gauging interest for a release of the film on Blu-ray by looking at what people are saying about it on message forums. The problem with this is, many message forums (and some horror sites) are barely scraping by (horror digital has been offline for a week, AV Maniacs is a virtual ghost town) - there's just very little movement in terms of people talking about this stuff. You've basically got the same 3 or 4 people posting with the occasional lurker chiming in, not much else. You can't gauge interest with this kind of non-activity. I bet if Bill announced the film with a full list of specs and a solid release date, the boards will light up. Of course, you'll have your usual detractors and people complaining but at least there will be some buzz. Nothing gets people worked up more than solid info. Give people SOMETHING to talk about.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #91

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
That's Bill for ya. He went pissy on horror fans after "Night of the Dribbler" failed to fly off the shelves. He complains about not making any money but he sat on "Nightmares in a Damaged Brain" for years which he eventually released under its generic "Nightmare" title. He continues to sit on "Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker" which has never seen a release. I like Code Red and I own 75-80% of their catalog, but sometimes their decisions boggle the mind. Maybe Bill is like Britney Spears, and needs to set up a conservatorship where his brother (who runs Scorpion Releasing) can take the reigns.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #92
Special Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
In a nutshell:

He is essentially gauging interest for a release of the film on Blu-ray by looking at what people are saying about it on message forums. The problem with this is, many message forums (and some horror sites) are barely scraping by (horror digital has been offline for a week, AV Maniacs is a virtual ghost town) - there's just very little movement in terms of people talking about this stuff. You've basically got the same 3 or 4 people posting with the occasional lurker chiming in, not much else. You can't gauge interest with this kind of non-activity. I bet if Bill announced the film with a full list of specs and a solid release date, the boards will light up. Of course, you'll have your usual detractors and people complaining but at least there will be some buzz. Nothing gets people worked up more than solid info. Give people SOMETHING to talk about.

People aren't buzzing about it, because he never confirmed it was on blu ray!! All he said was that he had a new HD master for it, and we heard the same thing about Exterminator 2 from Shout, and that's ended up in a DVD 4 pack!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
People aren't buzzing about it, because he never confirmed it was on blu ray!! All he said was that he had a new HD master for it, and we heard the same thing about Exterminator 2 from Shout, and that's ended up in a DVD 4 pack!
And he is saying there's no buzz but there can't be buzz if people don't know what's coming out. If he announces a Blu-ray, there will be lots of buzz. If it's a DVD, even if it's remastered, buzz will be minimal because people don't want to go from DVD to DVD. But there will still be buzz. Just announce something that people can feel good about so they'll talk about it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #94
Expert Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

Honestly, I don't care who puts Just Before Dawn out as long as they give the film and the director (Jeff Lieberman) the respect they deserve. It' a great movie and it deserves a worthy release. Do it right and I don't care if monkey's release it.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #95
Power Member

Nov 2011

Hi Bill,

Count me in for a Just Before Dawn blu-ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
...horror digital has been offline for a week...
As an aside, what is the story behind Horror Digital's outage? Last time it went down for a bit was because the administrator had a baby, hopefully it comes back soon.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #96

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Hi Bill,

Count me in for a Just Before Dawn blu-ray!

As an aside, what is the story behind Horror Digital's outage? Last time it went down for a bit was because the administrator had a baby, hopefully it comes back soon.
Me too! Who's with me?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #97

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocinderellax View Post
Me too! Who's with me?
buzz buzz! I'm buzzing!! I really want this.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #98
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

Quote:
Me too! Who's with me?
I would certainly buy it on blu!!! Not dvd though... Unless it was a combo
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #99

Sep 2010
Norway

Quote:
Me too! Who's with me?
+1!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #100
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

If he's gauging interest in Just Before Dawn based on sales of The Electric Chair, then we're screwed. I can't imagine that selling well, as I doubt most people have even heard of it. If you're gonna come out of the gates with such an obscure title, then you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Just Before Dawn, Popcorn, or Night Warning would be the obvious choices for a blu-ray debut. But if these three hitting hi-def is based on The Electric Chair selling well, then we're never going to see them on blu-ray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors