Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. - Made in America (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$49.24
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.61
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #81
Power Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
In a nutshell:

He is essentially gauging interest for a release of the film on Blu-ray by looking at what people are saying about it on message forums. The problem with this is, many message forums (and some horror sites) are barely scraping by (horror digital has been offline for a week, AV Maniacs is a virtual ghost town) - there's just very little movement in terms of people talking about this stuff. You've basically got the same 3 or 4 people posting with the occasional lurker chiming in, not much else. You can't gauge interest with this kind of non-activity. I bet if Bill announced the film with a full list of specs and a solid release date, the boards will light up. Of course, you'll have your usual detractors and people complaining but at least there will be some buzz. Nothing gets people worked up more than solid info. Give people SOMETHING to talk about.

People aren't buzzing about it, because he never confirmed it was on blu ray!! All he said was that he had a new HD master for it, and we heard the same thing about Exterminator 2 from Shout, and that's ended up in a DVD 4 pack!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #82
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
People aren't buzzing about it, because he never confirmed it was on blu ray!! All he said was that he had a new HD master for it, and we heard the same thing about Exterminator 2 from Shout, and that's ended up in a DVD 4 pack!
And he is saying there's no buzz but there can't be buzz if people don't know what's coming out. If he announces a Blu-ray, there will be lots of buzz. If it's a DVD, even if it's remastered, buzz will be minimal because people don't want to go from DVD to DVD. But there will still be buzz. Just announce something that people can feel good about so they'll talk about it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #83
Special Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

Honestly, I don't care who puts Just Before Dawn out as long as they give the film and the director (Jeff Lieberman) the respect they deserve. It' a great movie and it deserves a worthy release. Do it right and I don't care if monkey's release it.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Yamaha RX-V679BL Receiver
Sony XBR55X850C HDTV
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #84
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Hi Bill,

Count me in for a Just Before Dawn blu-ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
...horror digital has been offline for a week...
As an aside, what is the story behind Horror Digital's outage? Last time it went down for a bit was because the administrator had a baby, hopefully it comes back soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #85

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Hi Bill,

Count me in for a Just Before Dawn blu-ray!

As an aside, what is the story behind Horror Digital's outage? Last time it went down for a bit was because the administrator had a baby, hopefully it comes back soon.
Me too! Who's with me?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #86

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocinderellax View Post
Me too! Who's with me?
buzz buzz! I'm buzzing!! I really want this.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #87
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Me too! Who's with me?
I would certainly buy it on blu!!! Not dvd though... Unless it was a combo
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #88

Sep 2010
Norway

Quote:
Me too! Who's with me?
+1!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011

If he's gauging interest in Just Before Dawn based on sales of The Electric Chair, then we're screwed. I can't imagine that selling well, as I doubt most people have even heard of it. If you're gonna come out of the gates with such an obscure title, then you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Just Before Dawn, Popcorn, or Night Warning would be the obvious choices for a blu-ray debut. But if these three hitting hi-def is based on The Electric Chair selling well, then we're never going to see them on blu-ray.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #90
Power Member

Sep 2010

I'm pretty sure another company was doing a big special edition Popcorn blu-ray and documentary and there was a fight over it with Code Red. I think it was the people behind Fright Rags.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #91

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
From what I know, the "Popcorn" release is still very much on track, much more than people think.
Sorry Mike but as I much as I respect you I know who is your source... He is the guy who create all the problem and I have no respect for him or trust anything he can say (I knew many thing about him that I won't say in public). The fact that Shout! use him to create those so call extra is depressing as many more people who aren't troublemakers and know what they are talking about are arround and can do better.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #92
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Quote from Bill from The Latarnia Forums,

"JUST BEFORE DAWN will most likely get Blu treatment. Just seeing and waiting how well ELECTRIC CHAIR sells to judge if there is customers out there. 20% of the market is pretty small, so nichie titles might be a problem."

I heard it mentioned on a horror forum and they didn't mention the first part about it most likely getting the Blu treatment, so for that I apologize. That being said for the most part it stands that he seems to be judging whether there is a demand for Blurays based on how well The Electric Chair sells. I have a feeling Just Before Dawn will get a Blu though, it's too big of a release for Code Red not to release on Blu.

And then this,

"I would like to do Blu on JUST BEFORE DAWN, but the message board respond was very negative and very little cared about the annoucement. sad, but in this dvd world is that it matters who put it out then the movie itself. Seems more post of ASHANTI, MASSAGE PARLOR HOOKERS, and DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD then JUST BEFORE DAWN.

FACE WITH TWO LEFT FEET got more email on "please blu". But I promised Alfredo that is regular DVD only.

VOICES FROM THE BEYOND, I made a new master and most likely a Blu on it. If fulci doesn't sell 1,000 copies, then there is no large horror fan base on BluRay. 1,000 is not much compare to how much the other label sells."

"Not in a hurry on JUST BEFORE DAWN as the respond was pretty much dead on the web. Like get moving on VOICE FROM THE BEYOND. If Fulci doesn't sell, then nothing can sell on code red."

He also says no one will buy it because they already have the Media Blasters DVD. If this is true then why would a re-released DVD be any better then a Bluray!? I appreciate what titles his company has put out but sometimes his thinking is very backwards.
My bad, I didn't realize it was a direct quote. After reading all this I'm starting to have second thoughts myself about code red's strategy. No one has ever heard of the electric chair. And he keeps saying "if Fulci doesn't sell, then nothing can sell on code red", but nobody cares about that movie...it's one of his late career obscurities that has absolutely NO connection to the popularity of his earlier films. For the record though, I think Voices From Beyond is unfairly lumped together with his other final films (along with House of Clocks), and I would totally buy it on blu ray.

Last edited by reece; 12-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #93

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Sorry Mike but as I much as I respect you I know who is your source... He is the guy who create all the problem and I have no respect for him or trust anything he can say (I knew many thing about him that I won't say in public). The fact that Shout! use him to create those so call extra is depressing as many more people who aren't troublemakers and know what they are talking about are arround and can do better.
Hello "Jimmy S.",

I just came across your many statements about this "MF" troublemaker. I have to say though I am somewhat confused, and perhaps you can illuminate me and others here on what exactly has this guy done to engender such harsh statements from you?

What has he done that's so awful?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #94
Power Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtpictures View Post
Hello "Jimmy S.",

I just came across your many statements about this "MF" troublemaker. I have to say though I am somewhat confused, and perhaps you can illuminate me and others here on what exactly has this guy done to engender such harsh statements from you?

Welcome to blu-ray.com! I noticed you are a new user, and just joined!
If I am correct, are you the one who makes the special features for Scream Factory? If so, you're doing a great job! Keep up the good work.

Also, I completely forgot what the argument on this thread was about, just thought I'd welcome you.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #95

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Welcome to blu-ray.com! I noticed you are a new user, and just joined!
If I am correct, are you the one who makes the special features for Scream Factory? If so, you're doing a great job! Keep up the good work.

Also, I completely forgot what the argument on this thread was about, just thought I'd welcome you.
Thank you very much and I'm glad to be here. Appreciate the kind words.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #96
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Jimmy no offense at all but my source is not who you think it is. My source is someone that is beyond involved in this release and as far as I have been told, this is very much still happening. It's just a matter of time and mere legalities that need to be sorted before this becomes a reality. Agreements have been made, it just boils down to something as minor as signatures.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #97
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Happy to have redshirtpictures finally on these forums! Hope to see you pop up in the Scream Factory thread from time to time. Terrific job on all the Scream Factory titles so far, you guys are really outdoing yourselves with this line so I wish you continued success with it!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #98

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtpictures View Post
I think you know quite well and this isn't the place to talk about that so I won't. Wich is the reason why I haven't use a name in that message you refer to.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #99

Dec 2012

Quote:
I think you know quite well and this isn't the place to talk about that so I won't. Wich is the reason why I haven't use a name in that message you refer to.
You used the initials "MF" and identified him as the guy who does most of the extras for Scream Factory. That doesn't exactly leave a lot of room for interpretation does it?

I'm more than willing to address whatever issues you have with me, either here or privately. But if you choose neither, then I would ask that you refrain from the vague accusations and rumors on this and other forums as its not exactly above board.

Send me a PM if you like. Or post here, I really don't care I've got nothing to hide.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #100
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Albany, NY

No posts yet in 2013, no more news about any releases yet?
Blu-Ray Wish List: The Asphalt Jungle (1950), High Sierra (1941), Kill Baby... Kill! (1966), Dodsworth (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Roman Holiday (1953), Fingers (1977), Twisted Nerve (1968), Knife In The Water (1962), The Naked Spur (1953), Blood Link (1982), The Great Silence (1968), A Bronx Tale (1993), Targets (1968), The Woman in the Window (1944), Waking The Dead (2000), Secret Agent (1936), If You Meet Saratana... Pray For Your Death (1968).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors