Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.09
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$61.79
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #21

May 2011
England

The Spanish boxed set does use the new scan. There is blurb from Brian Yuzna on the back cover. I don't know if it includes the different version.

Blu-ray wish list: Blow-Up, Death in Venice, Far from the Madding Crowd, Maurice, Radio On and Ryan’s Daughter.

Last edited by James78; 08-24-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post
The Spanish boxed set does use the new scan. There is blurb from Brian Yuzna on the back cover. I don't know if it includes the different version.

It doesn't have the integral version or the tv version. That's a huge downside to the Spanish version. The Spanish version is only 1 blu-ray, 3 DVDs, and 1 CD. The German version is 2 blu-rays (because the 2nd blu-ray contains the integral version in HD) and 1 DVD.

Looking at the specs sheet for the Spanish version, it seems like 3 DVDs are unnecessary and just used to make the set look bigger.

disc 1 - blu-ray - uncut version
disc 2 - DVD - uncut version
disc 3 - DVD - interviews, tv spots, and gallery
disc 4 - DVD - uncut version again, with commentaries and deleted scenes
disc 5 - CD - soundtrack

The German version is far, far better. It has both the uncut and integral versions of the film in HD, plus the tv version in SD, plus all the commentaries and interviews and trailers and galleries, plus the deleted scenes in HD (including the dream sequence).

The Spanish version is all talk but no muscle. Disc 2 and 4 appears to be the same thing which is puzzling - disc 2 is uncut with no commentaries but multiple languages, and disc 4 is uncut with multiple commentaries and deleted scenes. There's no reason whatsoever why disc 2 and 4 couldn't be combined. Disc 3 is really just extras, all of which are in the German version. The book will be in Spanish of course. You can buy the soundtrack CD anytime you want. And the film strips is just useless filler.

So the German version is a far better release. The Spanish version is inferior due to the lack of HD deleted scenes and the lack of both the HD integral version and the TV version in SD. Plus I think the German packaging is far better (mediabook with awesome cover art).

Last edited by mar3o; 08-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

You had stated that the Spanish version is harder to resist, implying that the Spanish version is better than the German version. I was merely stating the differences so others would be able to compare. I think for most fans the HD deleted scenes, the packaging, the HD integral version, and the tv version in SD will be more tempting than the book in Spanish and the multiple unnecessary DVDs.

Good to know that the Spanish version at least uses the same new master but I think overall the German set is the best set for the fans.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #24

May 2011
England

You have confused me with another member.
Blu-ray wish list: Blow-Up, Death in Venice, Far from the Madding Crowd, Maurice, Radio On and Ryan’s Daughter.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

I will be waiting for the UK release on this one.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 08-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post
You have confused me with another member.
Oops, so I have. Sorry about that.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
I will be waiting for the UK release on this one.
I'll be watching that one to see if there will be any new extras. But I'm grabbing this one in case the UK version doesn't include the integral version or HD deleted scenes or the tv cut.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #28

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
You had stated that the Spanish version is harder to resist, implying that the Spanish version is better than the German version. I was merely stating the differences so others would be able to compare. I think for most fans the HD deleted scenes, the packaging, the HD integral version, and the tv version in SD will be more tempting than the book in Spanish and the multiple unnecessary DVDs.

Good to know that the Spanish version at least uses the same new master but I think overall the German set is the best set for the fans.
Hmm, yes it is a plus for the German version to have the integral version in HD. The SD TV version I do not need. Deleted scenes in HD is nice as well.
I think just the UNCUT version will do for me. It has all the gore , that 's important. The rest of the extra scenes are probably not very important to ad to the story.
I'm not saying the Spanish set is better, don't get me wrong. It's a matter of personal taste.
The Spanish set has the soundtrack CD.... I like that as well.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Devil View Post
Hmm, yes it is a plus for the German version to have the integral version in HD. The SD TV version I do not need. Deleted scenes in HD is nice as well.
I think just the UNCUT version will do for me. It has all the gore , that 's important. The rest of the extra scenes are probably not very important to ad to the story.
I'm not saying the Spanish set is better, don't get me wrong. It's a matter of personal taste.
The Spanish set has the soundtrack CD.... I like that as well.
Have you ever seen the extra scenes in the R-rated or tv cuts? I ask because actually they add quite a bit of interesting material back in. Some very interesting additions to the storyline are added with the inclusion of the extended scenes seen in the R-rated and tv versions, which will be in the integral version. It definitely rounds out several characters better and enhances the motivation of Dr. Hill.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #30

Dec 2012
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
Default Region coding?

Could someone please confirm if this German release will be Region A compatible?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchmyfacehurts View Post
Could someone please confirm if this German release will be Region A compatible?
I asked on the German forum I linked to earlier and the response by members was that there was no way to know until the set is out and somebody checks the discs.

One person suggested asking on the Capelight facebook page, but I'm not on facebook.

According to this site, many of Capelight's blu-rays will play on region A and B players, though some say B and untested on other regions.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #32

Aug 2013
Germany

Capelight just answered that the Blu-ray will be region free.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie_06 View Post
Capelight just answered that the Blu-ray will be region free.
Thank you for sharing this info. Great news.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
Special Member

Nov 2007

I went ahead and pre-ordered this German release. It looks quite excellent.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #35

Jul 2012

According to a post made by Capelight via Facebook Bride of Re-Animator will be released the 31st of January 2014.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFred View Post
According to a post made by Capelight via Facebook Bride of Re-Animator will be released 31st of January 2014.
I just saw that, Second Sight's release will be released around the same time with Bride of Re-animator.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

Second Sight confirmed to me on Facebook that Reanimator will just have the unrated cut.
Glad I got german disc on order!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Will there be a Germany group buy at any upcoming point? Also, does anyone know if the German subtitles on the main feature are removable? It would be cool if they were removable on the extras as well, but it would be deal-breaker if they were hard subbed on the film(s).
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #39

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Have you ever seen the extra scenes in the R-rated or tv cuts? I ask because actually they add quite a bit of interesting material back in. Some very interesting additions to the storyline are added with the inclusion of the extended scenes seen in the R-rated and tv versions, which will be in the integral version. It definitely rounds out several characters better and enhances the motivation of Dr. Hill.
No I haven't seen it. I made up my mind and cancelled the Spanish set (as it didn't ship on release date) and pre-ordered the German mediabook. It is the most complete version although I would have liked the soundtrack with this release.
I'm affraid the Spanish set is a fat keepcase and then I would be very dissapointed if it is.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Will there be a Germany group buy at any upcoming point? Also, does anyone know if the German subtitles on the main feature are removable? It would be cool if they were removable on the extras as well, but it would be deal-breaker if they were hard subbed on the film(s).
I can't imagine them being hard-subbed. Then again I wasn't thinking about that. Is it common to have forced subs with German discs? How are other Capelight releases? I agree it would be a deal-breaker, but I can't imagine that being the case. I can't say 100% so confirmation would be nice, but I think it's safe to say the subs will be removable. I asked over on the German forum so hopefully we might get an answer.

From a blog, somebody confirmed that Capelight's blu-ray release of "Brother" has removable subs, so let's hope that's the case here too. Some of their blu-rays have English and German subs, but this one seems to only list German unfortunately.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I can almost guarantee it won't have forced subs, at least the films. I say that because the languages include both German and English. If it was English only, I would be worried, as they would need subtitles to understand the dialog. But since they will have a German audio track for both the unrated and integral cuts (I'm not sure about the tv version), they wouldn't want forced German subs if they are listening to German audio, right? So I think we're safe. The extras, I'm not so sure. I doubt they provide German audio for the extras so they may have forced German subs for the extras, but then again, they may not.

Last edited by mar3o; 08-28-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany