Best AIV Deals

Best AIV Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Seven Samurai HD (AIV)$9.99 Seven Samurai (AIV)$7.99
Uzak Ihtimal (AIV)$9.99 Fashion (AIV)$5.99 Heleno (AIV)$9.99 No Way Out (AIV)$6.99 Winged Migration (AIV)$6.99 Heleno HD (AIV)$14.99 Eaters (AIV)$9.99
Countdown to Zero (AIV)$6.99 Winged Migration HD (AIV)$9.99 Blonde & Blonder (AIV)$5.99 Red Chapel, The (AIV)$7.99 Dark Matters Season 3 (AIV)$7.99 Stash House HD (AIV)$14.99 Mansome (AIV)$5.99
No Way Out HD (AIV)$9.99 Tees Maar Khan (AIV)$9.99 Rise of the Guardians (AIV)$8.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #1

Dec 2009
Default FAQ - Digital Copies (UV, CinemaNow, Vudu, Flixster & Apps Help Thread)

I was thinking that for our new discussion area on the forums that I would write some info about digital copies. Hope this is useful to someone. Have several more coming.

What are Digital Copies?
Many DVD and Blu-ray movies come with a digital version of the movie that can be watched on phones, tablets, computers and/or televisions.

What is UltraViolet?
UltraViolet is a digital copy format that was publicly released in the fall of 2011. These digital copies are not compatible with iTunes and are therefore referred to separately.

How do I redeem a Digital Copy?
Inside of the DVD or Blu-ray case there should be a paper insert. The paper insert has a code printed on it. This code will allow you to redeem the digital copy only one time. If a disc is required, then the disc may be used multiple times by others provided they have their own unique code. Each code can only be used one time unless otherwise stated on the insert or communication with the company.
A few movies have been know to have the digital copy code affixed to the clear wrapper. If your movie does not have a paper insert inside with a digital copy code, check the clear wrapper. If neither have the code, contact the company for a replacement.

Where do I redeem a Digital Copy?
iTunes:
If your digital copy requires a disc
  1. Insert that disc into your computer.
  2. Launch iTunes (if your computer does not do this for you).
  3. Find the movie name on the left side navigation area, left-click on it.
  4. The main screen will show either the movie image or studio logo as well as a place to type in the code on your insert. Type in your code and press the redeem button.
  5. Your digital copy will begin to transfer. Do not remove disc until transfer is complete.
If your digital copy does not require a disc:
  1. Open iTunes.
  2. Go to the iTunes store.
  3. On the right side navigation menu click on the Redeem button.
  4. The main screen will show an iTunes image as a place to type in the code on your insert. Type in your code and press the redeem button.
  5. Your digital copy will begin to download. Sometimes you will also receive extras for that movie.
UltraViolet:
Each studio has their own redemption website for UltraViolet digital copies; however most can be redeemed through Flixster.com or Vudu.com. Paramount seems to be the only studio that you must redeem the movie at their website (Paramountuv.com).

Are all Digital Copies downloadable only?
No. Many digital copies in the past required a disc for use. Many now do not require a disc, however some companies, such as 20th Century Fox and Disney, still require the use of a disc for iTunes digital copies

Can you redeem both iTunes and UltraViolet from same code?
Read the packaging before purchasing. Many companies offer either iTunes or UltraViolet. A few companies, such as Universal and Paramount, do offer both iTunes and UltraViolet using the same code.

Do I have to have an account to redeem Digital Copies?
Yes. To redeem a digital copy on iTunes you must have an Apple account. To redeem an UltraViolet digital copy you must have an account with the UltraViolet website and accounts with each website where you will redeem the movies (Flixster, Vudu, Sony, Universal, etc.).

iTunes digital copies
You can watch a downloaded iTunes movie on any computer and/or device that is authorized with your Apple account. You are allowed up to authorize up to 5 computers and an unlimited number of devices at any one time. Unauthorize older computers to continue watching movies on newer computers.
Tip: Only authorize up to 4 computers. This will allow you to visit someones house and temporarily authorize their computer. Deauthorize when you are done.

CinemaNow Disc to Digital
CinemaNow has a limit of 25 conversions per 24 hour time period. If you reach that limit, you must wait 72 hours before converting more movies.
Tip: Convert around 12 movies in every 24 hour time period to avoid the 72 hour wait time.

Digital Copy Buying, Trading and Freebie Threads
- Please read the rules on the first page of the various threads before posting anything.

Digital Copies Buy/Sell/Trade thread

Official - Digital Movie and TV Seasons Discount thread

Pay it Forward Code Thread

Free Codes Thread!

Digital Copy Redemption Links

Paramount

Sony

Universal

Vudu

Warner Bros.

Lions Gate

Home Disc to Digital Programs

CinemaNow

Vudu

Flixster - No homepage, have to download Flixster Desktop.

Last edited by TheScribe; 02-22-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Special Member

Jan 2011
Bay Area, CA, USA

Great thread. Maybe you can get the mods to make this one a sticky.

Here are a few links, if you want to incorporate them into your FAQ:

Digital Copies Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=180881

Official - Digital Movie and TV Seasons Discount Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=204649

SD or HDX Ultraviolet Redemption Spreadsheet (courtesy of OSUGrad2X): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&output=html
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #3

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketb View Post
Great thread. Maybe you can get the mods to make this one a sticky.

Here are a few links, if you want to incorporate them into your FAQ:

Digital Copies Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=180881

Official - Digital Movie and TV Seasons Discount Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=204649

SD or HDX Ultraviolet Redemption Spreadsheet (courtesy of OSUGrad2X): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&output=html
I added the thread links here, but will add the quality one to my other thread. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Had never seen that official digital movie discount thread. Cool stuff. (And cool that Family Video "officially" sells its UV codes.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #5

Nov 2012

So this may not qualify as Frequently Asked, but I didn't see any thread titles that really fit the question:

I am trying to download the Flixster PC app so I can watch my movies offline, yet there is no place to go to get the app other than attempting to download one of your movies off the Flixster site, and the download they give me won't actually install the app.

If anyone knows what the issue is and can help that would be greatly appreciated. I contacted them yesterday via email, I got a prompt auto-reply from them but haven't received anything else in almost 24 hours.

If don't know the answer but can direct me to a more appropriate thread, that would be appreciated.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #6

Oct 2012
Default CinemaNow, Vudu, Flixster Help

I have a few question as I need some help with these accounts.

First, is anyone else not having there UV movies/TV not show up in CinemaNow?

Second, I redeemed The Big Bang Season 1 in Flixster/UV, is there anyway to get it to show up in Vudu? Is there a delay or something? Cause it is not showing up under Vudu same with Chuck season 5.

Glad they made this forum section, thanks for any help.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #7

Oct 2012

Give big bang a couple of days for vudu, and no chuck is not available on vudu so it wont transfer currently

Concerning Cinemanow none of my UV movies have appeared
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #8

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqn102 View Post
Give big bang a couple of days for vudu, and no chuck is not available on vudu so it wont transfer currently

Concerning Cinemanow none of my UV movies have appeared
Ok cool, I was getting worried I did something wrong, thanks.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #9

Jul 2012
Lost in Texas

Nice post, TheScribe!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #10

Apr 2011

Can I get some help? Recently I reinstalled Windows on my SSD, but none of the digital movies were downloaded to the SSd; instead all of my digital movies were downloaded to a separate HDD. After Windows was finished reinstalling I tried to play my digital movies but it didn't work, I was asked for authorization code; and after I put in my code it says it's been not working. Help??
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Movies showed up in Cinema Now on my PS3 about 10 minutes after I activated it. They have not showed up on my PC or mobile devices after several days though.
Actually, I haven't even been able to activate my cell phone at all on CN. keeps telling me the login or password are wrong, when I'm quite sure they aren't. I emailed customer service but they answered an entirely different question than what I was asking. Oh well.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.

Last edited by seregloth; 11-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
Movies showed up in Cinema Now on my PS3 about 10 minutes after I activated it. They have not showed up on my PC or mobile devices after several days though.
Actually, I haven't even been able to activate my cell phone at all on CN. keeps telling me the login or password are wrong, when I'm quite sure they aren't. I emailed customer service but they answered an entirely different question than what I was asking. Oh well.
Yes, CinemaNow csr seem to be even worse than vudu csr if that is possible. Evidently incapable of reading and comprehending the english language. Every reply I get is a cut and paste that in no way addresses the question I originall asked (which was why didn't my uv collection transfer into cinemanow after I linked the accounts).
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
Power Member

Jan 2009

Wait. How do you sync your Flixter/Vudu account with CinemaNow?

Edit: Nevermind :P Figured it out...yeah i'm a dunder head.

Last edited by SethRex; 11-29-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #14

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
Wait. How do you sync your Flixter/Vudu account with CinemaNow?

Edit: Nevermind :P Figured it out...yeah i'm a dunder head.
I have gotten 0 movies to show. Been stuck on the spinning wheel of death since last thursday
Old 11-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Question

Let me get this straight....

So basically UltraViolet is the mac daddy for storing all movies in the cloud for digital streaming right?

VUDU, Flixster, and CinemaNow are used as digital streaming players and are affiliated with UltraViolet right or am I missing something?

I currently store my digital copies in my iTunes, Flixster and VUDU accounts.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #16

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
So
I currently store my digital copies in my iTunes, Flixster and VUDU accounts.
You can link your Flixster and VuDu accounts with UltraViolet and share the content no matter where you redeemed your UV code. Try browsing the Ultraviolet web site at UVVU.COM and sign up. All your movies will then be found in the UV locker. Hope this Helps!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

I just linked my UV account to Cinemanow and all of my UV movies are in my library at Cinemanow now

If you're having trouble, here's how you do it:

1.) Sign-in/Register at Cinemanow (you can use your bestbuy.com login)
2.) Go to My Account from the Welcome drop-down menu
3.) Scroll down to the Ultraviolet section and click the link to link accounts
4.) A new box will appear asking you to sign up for UV, or login to an existing acct
5.) Sign in with your Ultraviolet email/password
6.) Done!

Last edited by MifuneFan; 11-29-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3bowens View Post
You can link your Flixster and VuDu accounts with UltraViolet and share the content no matter where you redeemed your UV code. Try browsing the Ultraviolet web site at UVVU.COM and sign up. All your movies will then be found in the UV locker. Hope this Helps!!
Signed up for that months ago, but had to adjust my account etc last night because I forgot my password. Now my UV account is all set and I see all my movie content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I just linked my UV account to Cinemanow and all of my UV movies are in my library at Cinemanow now

If you're having trouble, here's how you do it:

1.) Sign-in/Register at Cinemanow
2.) Go to My Account from the Welcome drop-down menu
3.) Scroll down to the Ultraviolet section and click the link to link accounts
4.) A new box will appear asking you to sign up for UV, or login to an existing acct
5.) Sign in with your Ultraviolet email/password
6.) Done!

I'll sign up for that this evening.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Forgot to mention that you can use your bestbuy.com login at cinemanow too. First time I'm visited the site and it's pretty nice. Video playback is pretty good too, better than the Flixster stream, and on par with Vudu's for me.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #20
Power Member

Jan 2009

I have a problem. I downloaded the CinemaNow app for my phone. When I type in the log-in I use for the website to log in and Activate it, it says the user name is invalid. But it's the exact same one I use to log into the website.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies