Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$92.19
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Manhunter (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
Gamera HD Bundle Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
A Certain Magical Index II: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #1

Oct 2011
Germany Disney's Brave

Hey all,

We bought Disney/Pixar's Brave today, had to get the 3D version because we wanted the extras as well. When we got home, we started watching it and at 05:12 the whole movie freezes and to get out of it, we needed to unplug the player. Tried it three times and every time the same thing.

Has anyone else had any issues with this? Just unlucky and we got a bad copy?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #2

Sep 2010

Do you Watch the 3D or the 2D Version?
I bought the 3D Version too, but i only can watch the 2D Version.
Tomorrow i test it.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #3

Oct 2011

It's the 2D version, don't own a 3D TV yet. Haven't heard anyone else having any problems though.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #4

Dec 2012
Question

We have the exact same problem. We recently got a Panasonic DMP-BD87 Blu Ray player.

This freeze issue happend with a different movie when we first got the player, I forget the movie, but we chalked it up to quality of a rental disc.

It happens with Blu Ray only, DVD version is ok.

We just bought Brave, brand new; it froze at 5:12 just as you say. The only fix we found was to unplug the player. We brought the player back & exchanged it, same thing. We brought the movie back & exchanged it, same thing.

We can fast forward through the problem area (till about 5:30), and it seems fine after that (we finished the movie on DVD though, so I'm not sure if the rest of the Blu ray disc is ok).

I'm interested if others are having this issue with players of other makes / models. With the information we currently have, the problem is a combination of player & movie.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #5

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbock View Post
We have the exact same problem. We recently got a Panasonic DMP-BD87 Blu Ray player.

This freeze issue happend with a different movie when we first got the player, I forget the movie, but we chalked it up to quality of a rental disc.

It happens with Blu Ray only, DVD version is ok.

We just bought Brave, brand new; it froze at 5:12 just as you say. The only fix we found was to unplug the player. We brought the player back & exchanged it, same thing. We brought the movie back & exchanged it, same thing.

We can fast forward through the problem area (till about 5:30), and it seems fine after that (we finished the movie on DVD though, so I'm not sure if the rest of the Blu ray disc is ok).

I'm interested if others are having this issue with players of other makes / models. With the information we currently have, the problem is a combination of player & movie.
I originally bought Brave from the Disney store, and I had the same problem, freezing @ 5:12! I exchanged it 3 times and each one was the same problem. I bought a copy @ Target and still have the same freezing problem, only with the blu ray disc. The dvd works fine.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #6

Dec 2012
Default Disney's "Brave" on Blu-ray

Just tried the disc this afternoon and guess what happened. It froze at 5.12 min. Back to the store and changed it but still the same problem.

We have an LG player so forget issues just with Panasonic. Our system reset itself and started again. we were able to skip past the problem and it then played to the end. Back to the store tomorrow to change for a DVD.

Obviously a fault with the disc software
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #7

Nov 2012
England

I'm some what getting this issue with the 3D disc. Started skipping as soon it gets to the end credits. Had to power on the player again but still, it kept on skipping at the end. Ended up doing this three times.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #8

Dec 2012
Angry 5:12 brave freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Tom View Post
Hey all,

We bought Disney/Pixar's Brave today, had to get the 3D version because we wanted the extras as well. When we got home, we started watching it and at 05:12 the whole movie freezes and to get out of it, we needed to unplug the player. Tried it three times and every time the same thing.

Has anyone else had any issues with this? Just unlucky and we got a bad copy?
yes i have the exact same issue WHAT A BUST! it seems to be a problem with that particular movie i cant get mine past 5:12 have not tried ff past it yet thought but kids can watch the non blu ray version and it works fine really upsetting as a parent cause kids got this a xmas gift from santa
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #9

Jan 2013

We had the same problem with our Blu-Ray, first with the two discs from Netflix and also with the copy that my sister bought brand new. I asked some friends and they suggested updating the software/firmware. There should be instructions in the manual/booklet that comes with the player. Updating worked for us, hope it works for you all!

Last edited by DaniSheri; 01-01-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #10

Oct 2011

Will have to try updating it then. Been just skipping to the next chapter just before the freeze, but it skips about four minutes in the movie, so that's not very good.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #11

Feb 2013
Default Same problem, same player

I bought a DMP-BD87 this weekend and we hit the exact same issue. The Brave blu ray disc that plays perfectly on a Sony blu ray player in a different room will crash the player at 5 minutes in on the Panasonic DMP-BD87. Only solution is to pull the AC cord out to get the player to respond.

I've opened a support case with Panasonic regarding this, so I'll be curious what their response it. Our player does have the latest firmware.

Sean
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #12

Feb 2013

Audio dropouts stuttering sputtering on the Dolby TrueHD audio soundtrack on Brave 2D bluray. I first began seeing this with Total Recall 2012 (same symptoms) both discs were from Netflix. Both discs reported as problems to Netflix. Lots of chatter on forums about problems with Dolby TrueHD soundtracks. Seems to be a trend lately. Is there a software update I should be pressing for from my disc player (LG BD300)? Otherwise could it be a manufacturing/mastering defect?

Work-around is to set player to PCM multi-channel instead of bitstream passthrough. But the D/A in the player is not as good as the D/A in my receiver.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany