COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$28.80
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default The Jungle Book - Diamond Edition - 2014 Pre-order



The Jungle Book Blu-ray

I'm pretty sure everyone expected this was coming, but the trailer has officially been classified in the UK meaning that it is part of the line-up and should be coming sometime in 2014 either Spring or Fall depending on whether or not Aladdin is part of the line-up anymore.
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/disne...iamond-edition
(credit for classification)

Last edited by Deciazulado; 11-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
Mason_Ireton Mason_Ireton is offline
Senior Member
 
Mason_Ireton's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
53
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton
Default

Really??? Baloo and the gang in HD?? fricken awesome man...

Though I'm alil worried Disney's doin a "rush job" for this title, I know Pan's Platinum was the only true rush job (to promote Tink's 1st film) just hope Jungle Book comes spring 2014 for US instead of Fall 2013, guess the US team will have to wait til Pan's Diamond comes available unless somebody posts a pic of the Diamond Edition booklet
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Well that was fast, and I'm not going to put a coin in about all our diamond doubts in the past , hope this will be in fullscreen!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Bored Gaymer Bored Gaymer is offline
Active Member
 
Bored Gaymer's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Default

I'm thinking it will come out around February 2014, with Aladdin in the Fall. At least in the US.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Ireton View Post
Really??? Baloo and the gang in HD?? fricken awesome man...

Though I'm alil worried Disney's doin a "rush job" for this title, I know Pan's Platinum was the only true rush job (to promote Tink's 1st film) just hope Jungle Book comes spring 2014 for US instead of Fall 2013, guess the US team will have to wait til Pan's Diamond comes available unless somebody posts a pic of the Diamond Edition booklet
I think the restoration will be very close to the platinum edition if not exactly the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Mason_Ireton Mason_Ireton is offline
Senior Member
 
Mason_Ireton's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
53
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton
Default

PupJohn what was wrong with Jungle's Platinum screen?? it looked fine to me sorry but a screen's a screen to me unless I see obivous flaws (Screen quality mainly)


Yes I agree DisneyFreak the restoration might be the same, just in HD though, course I'll defintly go with the 3 Disc copy (Blu,Dvd+DC) since I'd like to have this on my itouch

Last edited by Mason_Ireton; 01-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
Atreyu Atreyu is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Atreyu's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
North Carolina
942
346
169
4
Default

'll wait as long as they do a good job on it.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"And use some of that cologne Gertrude got you for Christmas."
"Oh do I have to Mother, it smells like ether?"

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
hidef al hidef al is offline
Trading Moderator
 
hidef al's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца
14
1168
6
119
Default

YES!!!!!! Finally my wish has come true. Thanks Disney!!!
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Ireton View Post
PupJohn what was wrong with Jungle's Platinum screen?? it looked fine to me sorry but a screen's a screen to me unless I see obivous flaws (Screen quality mainly)


Yes I agree DisneyFreak the restoration might be the same, just in HD though, course I'll defintly go with the 3 Disc copy (Blu,Dvd+DC) since I'd like to have this on my itouch
I just noticed that it being in widescreen kind of cropped the picture, and I was hoping it would be in fullscreen to see more of the picture. I know it's up in the air since inbetween Jungle Book to Rescuers Down Under it was up in the air since it was an open matte but it was something I noticed in DVDizzy's review
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #10
Mason_Ireton Mason_Ireton is offline
Senior Member
 
Mason_Ireton's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
53
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton
Default

Possible Returning Bonuses (this is just a guess)

Terry Gilkyson's Orignal Score/Songs

Disney's Kipling: Explored the difference between the Kipling novels, Bill Peet's draft and the Final Jungle Book.

New/Old Commentary (could be replaced by CinExplore)

Rocky The Rhino: A semi comic friend of the Vultures, he was to be voiced by Frank Fontaine who played Crazy Guggenheim on Jackie Gleason Show

The Lure Of Jungle Book: Various animators/Film Historians discuss how Jungle Book inspired many of the Disney Renaissance Animators' careers

Makin Jungle Book: In depth look at the film's production.


Again this is just a guess of the bonuses

Last edited by Mason_Ireton; 01-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
sxerunner sxerunner is offline
Special Member
 
sxerunner's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Lawrence, KS
902
51
2
11
Default

Okay, so this is a part of the 2014 release slate which means 101 Dalmatians and Aladdin are the only former platinum titles left for a release. Should be interesting to see what Disney does...

Wishful thinking, but I hope they release the live action Jungle Book around the same time. The scenery should look fantastic in HD.
100: An American Werewolf in London 200: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog 300: The Sandlot 400: Citizen Kane (Digibook) 500: Brazil (Criterion) 600: Iron Man 3 (3D) 700: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D) (Steelbook)

On and ever upward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
JavaJulien JavaJulien is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
JavaJulien's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Tallahassee, Fl
238
4
16
Default

2011 had both Lion King and Lady and the Tramp come out at the same time so I wouldn't be surprised if either 101 Dalmatians or Aladdin get released at the same time. I'd place higher money on 101. If Aladdin gets hold back, it may be for a possible theatrical re-release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #13
iScottie iScottie is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
iScottie's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Rhode Island
851
110
189
Default

Nice! With this, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid coming out soon, I can finally get rid of my DVD copies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #14
Egbert Souse Egbert Souse is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2011
208
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
I just noticed that it being in widescreen kind of cropped the picture, and I was hoping it would be in fullscreen to see more of the picture. I know it's up in the air since inbetween Jungle Book to Rescuers Down Under it was up in the air since it was an open matte but it was something I noticed in DVDizzy's review
While Disney's mainline features were made safe for 4x3, they were meant to be matted to 1.75:1 in theaters starting with 101 Dalmatians. Some of the Blu releases are slightly opened up to 1.66:1 like The Aristocats and The Rescuers, which is just as fine. While an unmatted presentation would be a good option as an extra, The Jungle Book had specific instructions indicating 1.75:1 when released theatrically in 1967.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #15
Mason_Ireton Mason_Ireton is offline
Senior Member
 
Mason_Ireton's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
53
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Nice! With this, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid coming out soon, I can finally get rid of my DVD copies!

I'd keep 'em Scottie just in case, I got rid of Snow White's and Lion King's platinum when I saw the press release of the Diamonds and I kinda regret that choice, Cinderella/Lady and Tramp pretty much have the same bonuses minus a few small items bein dropped


Kinda safe to say that Disney will treat Jungle Book's Diamond with 90% respect since it's THE last film that Walt personaly worked on, but also Jungle Book would be celebrating it's 46th Aniv. in 2013 and it's 47th Aniv. in 2014 (if it comes in Spring)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
ricpulanco ricpulanco is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2012
345
Default

Awesome. Now, just announce Lilo & Stitch and I'll be happy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #17
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default

Tbh I'm betting on Aladdin sometime this year, I think its dropped from the line in the US.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #18
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert Souse View Post
While Disney's mainline features were made safe for 4x3, they were meant to be matted to 1.75:1 in theaters starting with 101 Dalmatians. Some of the Blu releases are slightly opened up to 1.66:1 like The Aristocats and The Rescuers, which is just as fine. While an unmatted presentation would be a good option as an extra, The Jungle Book had specific instructions indicating 1.75:1 when released theatrically in 1967.
I wish they wouldv'e continued with the Original Animation Ratio like they did with sleeping beauty. There would be less arguing and would put so much ease on Disney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpulanco View Post
Awesome. Now, just announce Lilo & Stitch and I'll be happy.
Once that, and 101 Dalmatians (and now that I think of it Emperor's New Groove) come out, I should be good on my collection. The rest are all guilty pleasures plus Mermaid
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #19
Mason_Ireton Mason_Ireton is offline
Senior Member
 
Mason_Ireton's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
53
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton
Default

Jungle Book's been one of my all time favorites mainly cause the way the story was presented, the book itself was extremly episodic (In my opinon) whereas Bill Peet/Walt presented a more straight forward, the characters themselves were kinda dark too

For example, in the book Baloo had Bagheera's serious personality and taught Mowgli the Jungle Law while Baggy had Baloo's carefree personality (He gave Mowgli Love Taps with his tails when Mowgli didn't pay attention) and Shere Khan interupted the Wolf Pack's Meeting when Mowgli was 7-8 years old (I think) plus Kaa was a mutal friend to Baloo/Mowgli, he helped Mowgli when the BandarLogs (the monkeys) forced Mowgli to teach 'em the way of Man (if memory serves)

Last edited by Mason_Ireton; 01-20-2013 at 04:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #20
iScottie iScottie is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
iScottie's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Rhode Island
851
110
189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Ireton View Post
I'd keep 'em Scottie just in case, I got rid of Snow White's and Lion King's platinum when I saw the press release of the Diamonds and I kinda regret that choice, Cinderella/Lady and Tramp pretty much have the same bonuses minus a few small items bein dropped


Kinda safe to say that Disney will treat Jungle Book's Diamond with 90% respect since it's THE last film that Walt personaly worked on, but also Jungle Book would be celebrating it's 46th Aniv. in 2013 and it's 47th Aniv. in 2014 (if it comes in Spring)
Well, I never watch bonus features lol, plus I've already turned all in except 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin, Jungle Book, and Little Mermaid.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 PM.