COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Visitors (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Tim's Vermeer (Blu-ray)
$20.49
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Almost Human (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Ernest & Celestine (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Shiki: Complete Series S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray)
$22.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Who's going to win on 11/24/13
Pacquiao by KO 0 0%
Pacquiao by Decision 0 0%
Rios by KO and WILL RETIRE MANNY! 2 100.00%
Rios by Decision 0 0%
Draw! 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Default Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios - November 24, 2013 (11/23/13 USA Time)

Since Pacquiao can't fight in Vegas for at least 90 days after his KO loss to Juan Manuel Marquez back in December. His camp is seeking 3 different sites outside of the US so he won't be taxed as much. Initially, Pacquiao was going to fight in April if he beat Marquez, but looks like Pacquiao is eager to get back in the ring again to get back on track as he mentioned he's going to fight twice for 2013. He's been fighting twice a year since 2009.

Possible foes so far are Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Roberto Guerrero, Vyacheslav Senchenko, Jessie Vargas and Humberto Sotto.

I think Pacquiao should fight Bradley and try to regain his WBO belt. What's your thoughts of Pacquiao coming back way too soon? He's supposedly going to get a head examination here in the states before they move forward.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Dude is old news, washed up, a cheater who finally got exposed. Who cares.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post

Anyway it wont be The Ghost because that will be who Mayweather fights in May. Also he better stay away from Rios because Rios will put him in a coma permanently. It should be Bradley or Cotto in my opinion but well see. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #4

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Haha. A cheater? How did he cheat?

We can all say the same thing with a 39 year old Marquez who was never a hard puncher came out last month and put Manny to sleep instantly. No evidence found that he or Pacquiao were on PEDs. Back then it was just Mayweather making assumptions when Pacquiao KO'd Hatton in 2 Rounds. Not going to get into that arguement again because both fighters are older so what's done is done.

Though I believe today Pacquiao is pretty washed up with his new found religion and not taking his training seriously but without question, he's still one of the best fighters out there today and still exciting to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post

Anyway it wont be The Ghost because that will be who Mayweather fights in May. Also he better stay away from Rios because Rios will put him in a coma permanently. It should be Bradley or Cotto in my opinion but well see. Got Em!!
Whoever he fights, if he loses by decision, or by KO ... his career is truly over.

Roach wants to skip the tune-up fight and go straight to Marquez part 5 in September.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Haha. A cheater? How did he cheat?

We can all say the same thing with a 39 year old Marquez who was never a hard puncher came out last month and put Manny to sleep instantly. No evidence found that he or Pacquiao were on PEDs. Back then it was just Mayweather making assumptions when Pacquiao KO'd Hatton in 2 Rounds. Not going to get into that arguement again because both fighters are older so what's done is done.

Though I believe today Pacquiao is pretty washed up with his new found religion and not taking his training seriously but without question, he's still one of the best fighters out there today and still exciting to watch.

Whoever he fights, if he loses by decision, or by KO ... his career is truly over.

Roach wants to skip the tune-up fight and go straight to Marquez part 5 in September.
Well I can tell u that Rios aint a tune up fight. Rios will destroy Manny and I am pretty sure that Manny wont fight him. If he thinks that Marquez ko was sumthin just wait until he feels the bombs from Rios. Trust me. Again I would go Bradley because while he can box but dude hits like a ***** so Manny wouldnt be in any danger of getting knocked out. If he is gonna Rios, he might as well fight Marquez again. Got Em!!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #6

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Negotiations are underway for a 5th fith between Pacquiao-Marquez which will most likely take place outside of the United States. For a month or so, Pacquiao's team has stated they don't want to fight in Vegas anymore because of the high taxe percentage of 39% goes to the government. Top Rank and company are looking at Mexico City, and Macau City for the 5th fight.

Marquez wants about 20 million if he's going to fight Pacquiao again so we'll where this goes as Marquez everything settled and negotiated in April for September bout. I'd also expect Olympic-Style drug testing for both sides as well since some are still questioning Marquez's all of a sudden physical strength.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #7

Mar 2013

Tbh.. I don't think a boxer should have a choice on who they fight.

The commissions should use the ranking systems to make the matches.. Rather than ducking people you would then have to fight.

It's a pity Mayweather v Pacman never got going in 2010/11.. That would have been.. Special!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #8

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios set

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...s-nov-23-china

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Former pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, seeking to get his mojo back after being knocked out cold by rival Juan Manuel Marquez in December, will return to action to face brawler Brandon Rios this fall, Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com on Monday.

The fight, the first for Filipino icon Pacquiao outside the United States since 2006, will take place at the CotaiArena at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel in Macau, China on Nov. 24, which is Nov. 23 in the United States.

The fighters have both agreed to terms and the contracts are being finalized, according to Koncz and Top Rank promoter Bob Arum. Pacquiao agreed last week and Koncz, who is traveling this week to see him in the Philippines, will bring him the paperwork. Arum said Rios agreed to terms on Monday morning.

Koncz said that Pacquiao will face Rios at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds in a scheduled 12-round fight that will be televised on HBO PPV.

Because of the 12-hour time difference between Macau and the United States, the pay-per-view will take place in the morning in Macau for a usual primetime telecast in the U.S.

Rios, a former lightweight titlist, has had his last two fights at junior welterweight and split a pair of all-action battles with Mike Alvarado. Rios knocked out Alvarado in the seventh round in October and lost a close unanimous decision to him in their March 30 rematch in a fight of the year candidate.

Although Rios is coming off a defeat, Pacquiao picked him to fight, Koncz said.

"The two fights with Alvarado were both very close fights and either guy could have won either fight," Koncz said. "We looked at styles and Rios has the better style for Manny. He'll come forward and throw a lot of punches. Whether it goes five rounds or 12 rounds, it is going to be entertaining for the fans and that is what Manny wants. Rios was Manny's choice after Marquez and [Timothy] Bradley turned it down."

Pacquiao, who has not fought outside the United States since he returned to the Philippines for a decision win against Oscar Larios in July 2006, has officially lost two fights in a row.

Marquez badly knocked him out in the sixth round on Dec. 8 in a stunner. The fight was also action packed and was the 2012 ESPN.com fight of the year. But in June, Pacquiao lost a split decision and his welterweight title to Bradley in a highly controversial split decision.

Koncz said Top Rank offered Marquez and Bradley rematches but when both turned them down, Pacquiao opted for Rios. Bradley will instead defend his welterweight belt against Bradley in the fall in Las Vegas on HBO PPV.

"After Marquez and Bradley turned down our offers, Rios was next in line and he took the fight," Koncz said.

Konz said Marquez was offered $13 million (plus an upside of the pay-per-view profits), a raise over the minimum of $6 million he made for the December fight. When Marquez rejected the offer, Koncz said they offered Bradley $6 million to fight Pacquiao again, a raise from the minimum of $5 million he made for the June fight.

"They both turned us down and agreed to fight each other," Koncz said.

Terms of the deals Pacquiao and Rios agreed to were not disclosed, but Arum said that Rios would earn "more than Robert Guerrero made to fight Floyd [Mayweather Jr.] on Saturday night." Guerrero's purse was $3 million.

Interesting that the main event will be morning time over there in China to accommodate prime time here in the states. Wonder how much PPV buys will be for this one since it will be out of the country.

Last edited by MaCruz; 05-06-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
:
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Im taking Rios! He will retire Manny! Got Em!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Manny should have already retired. Start that Ricky Martin singing career.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #12

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
I only seen Rios fight once, but based from reading. This is a perfect setup match for Pacquiao to make a comeback and win by KO they say.

You remember when Margarito fought Pacquiao late 2010? During the build up, Rios was the undercard and both Margarito and Rios were making fun of Roach and his Parkinson's disease on camera. Both apologized to the media etc, and this would be some sweet revenge if Manny wins. But if Manny loses. Yes he has to retire.

Quote:
That's what my reaction was when he was put to sleep. That he needs to retire. After watching the replay of the match 2, 3 more times. Manny still has plenty left in the tank. He was hurting Marquez in the 5th and 6th round and would of stopped Marquez in the next round or so but Manny was dumb enough to walk into that right counter that knocked him out for good. Manny was already winning on the judges scorecards through 6 rounds and the stats shown on CompuBox had Manny winning every punch stat.

So, if Manny loses to Rios via KO or decision. Yes, there would be no demand this time to watch Pacquiao after this match.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2011
Upstate New York

Cmon Cruz, I don't think Manny is worthy of having his own thread at this point. When you lye on the mat with the appearance of being near death; you lose your elite status lol
PSN =Ddt928
Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Got Em!!

Quote:
I only seen Rios fight once, but based from reading. This is a perfect setup match for Pacquiao to make a comeback and win by KO they say.
If they think him fighting a hard hitting warrior with a great chin who only comes forward is a good matchup for him then so be it. I see Rios putting Manny to sleep. Rios is a beast. He only lost to Alvarado the 2nd time because Alvarado adjusted his gameplan and didnt try to brawl with him the 2nd time around and used his feet and movement. Manny wont do that and will try to brawl and he will get ko's Im telling u. They shouldve had Manny fight Alvarado instead. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleScarredShogun View Post
Cmon Cruz, I don't think Manny is worthy of having his own thread at this point. When you lye on the mat with the appearance of being near death; you lose your elite status lol
Got Em!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #15

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

We'll see guys. I still got some faith in him.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2011
Upstate New York

Quote:
We'll see guys. I still got some faith in him.
At least someone does . Seriously though, I hope he comes back strong. I would still love to see a Floyd Manny fight. Even if he doesn't have that "it" factor any more, Manny is still a threat. Floyd hasn't been seriously challenged in some time.
PSN =Ddt928
Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #17

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Pacquiao took a page out of Mayweather's playbook as they will have drug tests done for both fighters, BUT will be done by VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) instead of USADA.

Can't blame the guy when the strength and conditioning Angel Hernandez was known to supply PEDs to former olympic track stars in the past. Hernandez was the coach for Marquez during fights 3 & 4 with Pacquiao and will also be the strength and conditioning for Brandon Rios for this fight in China this November.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Tampa Bay,FL

Manny currently -550 (5.5 to 1) to win the fight no way i think he should be favored that much.

23 of Rios 31 wins by KO. Only 1 loss. This could get real ugly for Manny. Its already been OVER 2 years since he's won a fight at the time this fight takes place and even that Marquez fight i felt like it was at least a draw.

Last edited by BluPayne4400; 06-18-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

If Manny loses this one. Well heh that 'Livin La Vida Loca' remake should be in the works. Ricky waiting for someone to remake his hit.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #20

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPayne4400 View Post
Manny currently -550 (5.5 to 1) to win the fight no way i think he should be favored that much.

23 of Rios 31 wins by KO. Only 1 loss. This could get real ugly for Manny. Its already been OVER 2 years since he's won a fight at the time this fight takes place and even that Marquez fight i felt like it was at least a draw.
Manny will always be the favorite no matter who he fights (aside from Mayweather). My only concern is how well Manny's chin will be once they start exchanging in the early rounds.

Rios hasn't fought the same competition Pacquiao has that's why his record looks great. A win for Rios will put his name on the map, but I think Pacquiao will probably look too good in this match in my opinion.

This is going to end by KO. Only way I think Pacquiao would legitimately lose is if he gets careless again.

Quote:
If Manny loses this one. Well heh that 'Livin La Vida Loca' remake should be in the works. Ricky waiting for someone to remake his hit.
That and run for President at his home country. Everything is lined up for him once he retires

Last edited by MaCruz; 06-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports