Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Game of Thrones: Complete Seasons 1-2 (Blu-ray)
$72.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Default In Like Flint (1967) - February 12, 2013 - Limited to 3,000 Copies

Special Features:
Audio Commentary with Film Historians Lee Pfeiffer and Eddy Friedfeld
Derek Flint: The Secret Files
James Coburn: The Man Beyond the Spy
Designing Flint
Flint vs Zanuck: The Missing 3 Minutes
Take it Off
Puerto Rico Premiere
Future Perfect
Feminine Wiles
Spy School
Musician's Magician
Spy Vogue
Screen Test
Trailers

Pre-Order
Twilight Time's Website
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2008
Mississippi

Dang, and I just bought the DVD. Only paid 3 bucks for it at Big Lots. I doubt I would want to pay what Twilight Time will charge for it on blu though.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

If someone hasn't seen this yet and is curious to check it out before purchasing you can currently watch it on Netflix.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

I wonder if the PQ will be better than Our Man Flint which was ok, but not stellar with the color being faded.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"...but you will always be homosexual Michael, always, until the day you die."

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #5

Oct 2009
Central NY state, USA
Thumbs up Received today!

You can't argue with Twilight Time shipping a week early! I received my disc today! Hopefully I get to enjoy it tonight!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #6

Aug 2009
Sartell, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
I wonder if the PQ will be better than Our Man Flint which was ok, but not stellar with the color being faded.
It looks much better. It must be a newer scan than Our Man Flint, it even has a 5.1 track.

Last edited by GOMEZFAN69; 02-09-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMEZFAN69 View Post
It looks much better. It must be a newer scan than Our Man Flint, it even has a 5.1 track.
Nice. While I've seen worse Blu-rays than Our Man Flint of course, I was still slightly disappointed by it since it was a lot dirtier than I expected it to be and the colors should have been better. The AQ was actually solid even though it was a mono mix, but a 5.1 track is always welcomed.

I didn't pre-order this like I did with Our Man Flint, but I'll order it at some point for sure. I still have a bunch of other movies left to watch, and shipping will be better for me then since by the time I order I should have more than 2 to order.
Last Watched: The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Fifth Season (Episodes 17 & 18) | Young Frankenstein
Last Bought: The Exorcist | Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D | Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season | X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #8

Jun 2007
Altair 4

I'm still waiting for my copy to be shipped. Usually I get their stuff a week before the posted shipping date. I haven't even received a notice its been shipped!
Home Theatre: Arcam AVR600, Arcam P38 (for bi-amp), Monitor Audio GX300, GXC150, GXFX, AudioQuest - Rocket 33, Star Quad Type 4, Diamondback, Sub-1, Carbon, Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Oppo BDP-105D, PS3 Slim, PS4, Panamax M5400-PM

Living Room: Arcam AVR360, B&W CM8, Monitor Audio GCX150, Arcam drDock ipod dock, Panasonic DMP-BDT350, AudioQuest Rocket 44
Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR View Post
I'm still waiting for my copy to be shipped. Usually I get their stuff a week before the posted shipping date. I haven't even received a notice its been shipped!
Where do you live US or?
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
Special Member

Jun 2011
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMEZFAN69 View Post
It would be great if it was a 5.1 soundtrack. The UK DVD of In Like Flint says it's a 5.0 soundtrack, but listening to it on headphones & it's the same mono as Our Man Flint. I think In Like Flint passes the test of time so much better than Our Man Flint, I'm sure it's becouse it's just so way out & silly (I love that bit on the Cuban Airline). Hows the isolated music score, is there a lot of it, is it all stereo? It's one of my favorite Jerry Goldsmith soundtracks.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #11

Aug 2008

got in like flint today ... looks and sounds great ... sharp print bright colors ... skin tones a bit ripe and red but its ok by me ...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

Even though I liike both Flint films I think the plot for this one is a bit more convoluted than the first and in keeping with the Bond spoofing thing, IMO part one holds up better, but that's just one dude's opinion.
Also I think, as with the first, the film could have been helped by a bit of remastering in the color department. All in all not a bad release to have though.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"...but you will always be homosexual Michael, always, until the day you die."

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Special Member

Jun 2011
London

I imported the US DVD in the early days of DVD's & have the UK release as well. I think I'll stick with them for now. Twilight Time is expensive (esp. to the UK). I'm sure a company in Europe will pick these titles up. I'd love the isolated music tracks, but I'm thinking that the soundtrack label Varese will be releasing them on CD before too long.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #14

Oct 2008

Wow, Twilight Time seriously needs to put some minimal effort into promoting their titles. I was a crazed fan of the Flint movies during my adolescence in the '70s, and have snatched up every video release since then...yet even though I keep a close eye on Blu-ray.com's news page, I didn't find out about these until another site posted their video review. Leaves me wondering what other titles I might be missing from the boutique distributors...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

This release is approved by Austin Powers.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

This and Our Man Flint should have been released as a double pack for a sightly higher MSRP than a single release. Just greed on TT's part to release them individually
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #17

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
This and Our Man Flint should have been released as a double pack for a sightly higher MSRP than a single release. Just greed on TT's part to release them individually
This is ridiculous. They are two separate movies; thus, TT has to pay for BOTH of them as TWO movies. Just because a studio that owns a title can release it as a double for a reduced price doesn't mean that a company that licenses it from them can do the same.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012

The Flint dvds look great and have most of the extras that are on the TT blu ray release. The biggest problem I had with the PQ is that the color is slightly faded. If the color is also faded on the blu rays, I don't think it would be worth a 60 dollar upgrade for me.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
Special Member

Jun 2011
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkies View Post
This is ridiculous. They are two separate movies; thus, TT has to pay for BOTH of them as TWO movies. Just because a studio that owns a title can release it as a double for a reduced price doesn't mean that a company that licenses it from them can do the same.
Fox could have licensed them out as a double. The DVD's were originally released in the UK as a two film set, as it is, if I want both films it will cost me over $70! Forget it.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaScope View Post
Fox could have licensed them out as a double. The DVD's were originally released in the UK as a two film set, as it is, if I want both films it will cost me over $70! Forget it.
Exactly. They'd probably make more money by selling them together, than separately too as more people like myself would be more inclined to buy them. Considering how close the two were released to one another, I would not be surprised if Fox offered both at a reduced rate compared to other titles.

I think $49.99 for both titles would have been perfectly reasonable, but at close to $70 for both, and for transfers that aren't even that great, well that's just stupid. But hey, if people want to spread their wallets for TT to dive in, that's their prerogative.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America